The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

5 hours ago, Eureka.seveN said:

Theres a difference between buff female bodies and fake bodies.

That overwatch character is not realistic, just like how people say that you can't look like the models on the billboards, that exact same thing applies to this character. Overwatch is technically a game about superheroes so they can get away with it. And even if there are some women that have reached this point in bulk, we are only talking about the 99th percentile, the extremely small amount of people who have to spend years perhaps decades of training and protein shakes to achieve such a body.

But warframe does have much more elements of realism. And thus having frames with that kind of physique is impossible and would not fit with the artistic vision of the game.

This is the same case with people demanding for fatter frames, like obese fat not curvy nor larger. This wont work either since frames are designed for aerobatic movement, even rhino and atlas (debately the largest builded frames in the game) still need to be considered for this. But it works because males, even when building strength for aerobic activities can achieve such builds and still remain agile due to their exponentially higher testosterone levels. It simply does not fit into the lore and it will never be done.

If i was a sjw, or maybe someone who actually cares about body diversity. I would be the first to say that it's worse to portray female character unrealistically whether it is super lean or muscular than to actually stay true to what is possible and grounded in reality.

Except that the frames aren't people.  They can do whatever they want with them to be honest. Lore in no way excludes the possibility.  For me though as long as the shape made sense with the frame, I don't care. If they just make 'husky frame' for the reason of 'just because' I'd be annoyed. 

14 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Kubrows aren't dogs, but they are for all intents and purposes, basically descendants of dogs/similar mammals. Same goes for kavats. To argue this would go against what can easily inferred from just looking at the damn things. What he's saying is that Warframe is far enough into the future for drastic changes in the world as we know it, both in nature and technology. Therefore a lot of far fetched things in science fiction, but the setup we have here allows it to be plausible and make sense. 

So what you're saying is that a frame that can potentially have a body type like that should have that body type? See what you're saying there? Advocating it at all, rather than just letting DE choose what they put in, is a poor course of action. You're basically saying, if we can have a frame that can help satisfy the "diversity", we should. You're not explicitly saying whether or not we should choose another body type over a more "diverse" one if the designers want to do that. I'm being strict about this sure, but again "give them and inch, they'll take a mile". The best solution to avoid this type of bias is just let the creators do what they want with the feedback. 

I'm not against bulky frames, but it shouldn't happen unless DE decides so. 

"Kubrows aren't dogs, but they are for all intents and purposes, basically descendants of dogs/similar mammals. Same goes for kavats. To argue this would go against what can easily inferred from just looking at the damn things. What he's saying is that Warframe is far enough into the future for drastic changes in the world as we know it, both in nature and technology. Therefore a lot of far fetched things in science fiction, but the setup we have here allows it to be plausible and make sense."

I personally thought he was arguing it. That's why i bothered to answer to it. Either way, I still present the point of Kubrows not being dogs. Sure, they're descendants, but they aren't the same thing. It's the same way that Humans aren't Neanderthals.

"Advocating it at all, rather than just letting DE choose what they put in, is a poor course of action."

You've misunderstood me. I wasn't advocating for or arguing against Social Justice. I was simply pointing out that the thread wasn't meant to be a social justice push. I didn't give my opinion on whether or not it should happen until I directly stated that it wouldn't happen until DE deems it the way to go (and have even stated that it shouldn't happen until DE decides it should happen in almost every post I've put in this thread), the exact thing you're implying I'm going against.

"You're basically saying, if we can have a frame that can help satisfy the "diversity", we should."

Actually, I'm not. I just stated that diversity was the theme of the thread. Not Social Justice. I didn't give my opinion on the diversity in the frames.

"You're not explicitly saying whether or not we should choose another body type over a more "diverse" one if the designers want to do that."

Exactly. That's the purpose of not giving my opinion on the diversity. It's up to DE. There's my opinion.

"I'm being strict about this sure, but again 'give them and inch, they'll take a mile'."

Sorry, but this is grossly inaccurate. Give the like 5 percent of the community an inch and they'll demand a mile. Sorry, but the "SJWs" of the Warframe community are such a minority that they couldn't "take" anything. You give them a little, and they can ask all they want, but DE isn't going to let them have it if DE doesn't feel it's right for the game. Think before using idioms. They're meant for general, social use. Not factual conversations.

"The best solution to avoid this type of bias is just let the creators do what they want with the feedback. 

I'm not against bulky frames, but it shouldn't happen unless DE decides so."

Essentially what I've been saying.

1 hour ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Except that the frames aren't people.  They can do whatever they want with them to be honest. Lore in no way excludes the possibility.  For me though as long as the shape made sense with the frame, I don't care. If they just make 'husky frame' for the reason of 'just because' I'd be annoyed. 

I would be tempted to say that the orokin created the frames in their image.

On 6/20/2016 at 2:40 AM, PsychedelicSnake said:

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I'm not against more types of Warframe looks and designs. In fact, I'd love more. However, as Sixty5 has said, diversity solely for the sake of diversity isn't good. It's tokenism at that point.

gotta agree. If it comes up logically, sure. Otherwise, nope.

8 hours ago, Aliuas said:

Nezha is a man, the name nezha refers to a prince, its just that he looks very feminine.

8 hours ago, Dekallis said:

Nezha's male and a good example of the 'androngynous' problem i mentioned when trying to use less specifically 'male' or 'female' features.  Another example, people used to think ember was a guy.

8 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

Nezha is a dude

Double shock.

We are down a female frame still have yet to fill the sport between Atlas and Wukong, and I wouldn't mind a husky looking frame.

The problem is your definition of "muscular" doesn't exist in Warframe. The best example is Rhino, he doesn't have anything that resembles muscles he just has mass. He is also designed in such a way to carry that mass; the abdominal grill, wider feet, and an open chest piece to give room for a (probable) heart to beat easier. Every other frame including the "muscle frames" like Valkyr, Atlas, Nyx's skin are lithe in shape. Even Atlas who is broad across the shoulders becomes lean at the abdomen and below. Using your definition of muscular the frame would have compensations similar to Rhino; making Rhino less unique.

This doesn't mean we can't have a larger looking female frame. We could go with a husky look, something between Rhino and the regular lithe style. So long as it's well designed and not just blatantly there for diversity.

Probably the only examples of muscles in Warframe are the indented strands that run across various frames. That is not to say they are muscles, just that they are the best example I can see representing something like muscles.

1 hour ago, Postal_pat said:

We are down a female frame still have yet to fill the sport between Atlas and Wukong, and I wouldn't mind a husky looking frame.

We're two down actually, Atlas -> Wukong and Nezha -> Inaros. Though it's the chinese frames that have skewed it, so I'm not sure they'll do anything about it, unless they do more chinese release frames again. And even if they did, they'll probably more or less go along with what their chinese partners think will best fit their market I'd imagine, so who knows what we'd actually get from that.

More on topic, as much as the lore would suggest her prime should be based on the deluxe skin, I'd really love to see a Valkyr prime that was more of a bad a**ed visually up armoured and slightly more buff looking version of her default skin. I guess the Gersemi skin was kind of too svelte looking for my tastes. It fit the cat frame theme well enough, but I just found it a bit disappointing for Valk, personally. So I hope they don't go in that direction with the prime.

Though I'm sure there's just as many who'd disagree with me on that. ;)

7 minutes ago, Aglethe said:

We're two down actually, Atlas -> Wukong and Nezha -> Inaros. Though it's the chinese frames that have skewed it, so I'm not sure they'll do anything about it, unless they do more chinese release frames again. And even if they did, they'll probably more or less go along with what their chinese partners think will best fit their market I'd imagine, so who knows what we'd actually get from that.

More on topic, as much as the lore would suggest her prime should be based on the deluxe skin, I'd really love to see a Valkyr prime that was more of a bad a**ed visually up armoured and slightly more buff looking version of her default skin. I guess the Gersemi skin was kind of too svelte looking for my tastes. It fit the cat frame theme well enough, but I just found it a bit disappointing for Valk, personally. So I hope they don't go in that direction with the prime.

Though I'm sure there's just as many who'd disagree with me on that. ;)

Titania is really close, so that is one. DE can't exactly ignore those frames because they are apart of the global build, meaning they are part of the regular game. They don't need to use more Chinese themed frames to un-skew the balance.

I disagree. She is berserker class, so we must run in naked while praising Leeroy Jenkins :P More importantly, the reason why everyone in here talks about making a new frame instead of changing a current one is because we would lose that character. None of the frames drastically change their body shape with a prime version or deluxe skin. People recognize a character by their shape, drastically changing it will confuse people. As for amour she never really had any to begin with, prime versions don't really add but stylize to a high degree. She is a berserker and they tend not to have a lot of amour visually. In Warframe's case our berserker class is elegance and gore. For example many of the frames such as Mirage, Rhino, Ash, or Mag that have various pieces of armour/cloth attached. Valkyr on the other hand is just one continuous suit; she has no pieces of armour or cloth that stand out from the body.

Prior to Gersemi Valkyr that kicked off the Deluxe-variants, I used to imagine how the Valkyr looked before the Corpus took her armor.

I really wished Gersemi had visible battlearmor, more like Rhino.

Here is what I came up with. Do you think a female warframe could look cool and tanky like that? Or would you prefer the slimmer build thus far.

valkyr_noblefury_by_gaber111-d8nvw4b.jpg

valkyr_remade_v6_by_gaber111-d90wexm.jpg

15 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Prior to Gersemi Valkyr that kicked off the Deluxe-variants, I used to imagine how the Valkyr looked before the Corpus took her armor.

I really wished Gersemi had visible battlearmor, more like Rhino.

Here is what I came up with. Do you think a female warframe could look cool and tanky like that? Or would you prefer the slimmer build thus far.

Well, yah if done right. It wouldn't really be an insane idea to be created. Seeing how close DE got right the Delux skin of Nyx but I don't consider that seeing that's some that is locked behind a pay wall

@arch111 To be honest, I think we've gotten to the point in discussion where their isn't a no point to talk about anymore.

Anyway, that would have be neat to see but yah I understand the limitations. Yet it isn't an insane idea. And to top it everyone is starting o repeat each other. Anyway, I think we should just leave it at that.

Edited by Ibro156

The further you go over the gender line the less distinctive they are for their gender. Men with slim builds and round faces are seen as effeminate, and woman with large muscles look like men (the increase in testosterone, a male hormone further solidifies that fact). How are you proposing to fix that? By swapping nameplates? It's absurd. Widen the androgyny line if it bothers you so much. Even Atlas with his super masculine fist wizard build is flat as a board on his boy parts. Mirage has a similar build with her shoulders.

And physical abnormalities don't make you stronger. Strength can be relayed through body language as well. Mesa's noble stance displays that very well. Equinox is a great example of this too, switching personalities mid-fight. She represents anima and animus, the effeminate and masculine parts of every person's personality. Beating your chest and driving monster trucks is a creation of the media. Tell woman to get back into the kitchen but the worlds greatest chefs are mostly male? How does that compute?

18 hours ago, Eureka.seveN said:

You still fail to understand that men can easily reach much larger and muscular body types than females can. It is basic human genetics. It's is extremely rare for a female to reach that amount of bulk. The reason why there are not as many "diverse" body types amongst women is because the overwhelming majority of the are genetically unable to reach the size that men can. As much as this game is about space ninjas, it is very well grounded into reality, seeing a largely built male acrobat is substantially more common than the latter and thus opens more avenues for the artists to create larger male body types without breaking the consistency of the game. Even if you see actual olympic gymnasts, males are huge and muscular whereas females are substantially smaller, still muscular but overall smaller builds. This is how it is, and it would be preferable if DE stuck to that. 

Look, I knew about the body difference between females and males, when I was making this thread. But your forgetting one crucial fact: 

Warframe =/= Human

Warframes aren't human, they don't play the same rules as we do. They're just organic war machines created to massacre an entire race.. They were design by the Orokin but nothing really states that they were created in their image. trust, me; I've read every little text that DE sent out. We don't the build of the Warframes, even then we don't know if the individual Warframes has same build. Which I mean, they not built in sameway. There all use different resource and different quantities. Anyway, am getting of topic. What am saying its not insane as Warframe aren't human, they different from one and another, as well the fact they can be built in anyway.

6 hours ago, GreyEnneract said:

Frames are going to look however DE wants em' to.

^^^What GreyEnneract said^^^

I was just pointing out a something. I'll admittedly I did ask them to consider it, but only reason is Chroma is here is because people wanted a DragonFrame. The reason Nekros was here is because everyone wanted a ReaperFrame. It really comes down to DE, which am totally fine with. Here's the thing with this thread, some, if not most are forgetting these war machines. Why make them look different? Just put Hydroids abilities into a dull host! It does the same job, right? Seriously, everyone is just repeating each other but keep on forgetting these a Warframes. Which gives DE an excuse to make them look how ever they want.

Side note: Only reason I don't consider Nyx's deluxe skin is because that's an item you have to buy with premium currency.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed off-topic quoted comments

34 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Look, I knew about the body difference between females and males, when I was making this thread. But your forgetting one crucial fact: 

Warframe =/= Human

Warframes aren't human, they don't play the same rules as we do. They're just organic war machines created to massacre an entire race.. They were design by the Orokin but nothing really states that they were created in their image. trust, me; I've read every little text that DE sent out. We don't the build of the Warframes, even then we don't know if the individual Warframes has same build. Which I mean, they not built in sameway. There all use different resource and different quantities. Anyway, am getting of topic. What am saying its not insane as Warframe aren't human, they different from one and another, as well the fact they can be built in anyway.

But the orokin are. If the Tenno who control the warframes are human, or at least resemble human. Then its safe to say that rthe creators of that invention are human or bear the same human form. If an advanced human race was creating a battle suit, it would be illogical to make that battle suit resemble an unknown entity. And with that train of thought, your demand to make a warframe outrageously bulky (a.k.a anti-lore and downright unrealistic) is null. Because maybe the oroking should just make warframes in the shape of geometric shapes for the sake of "diversity" #GeometryLivesMatter

But in all seriousness, the concept of a warframe is a fast, mobile and strong entity that is controlled by a human/human-like figure. So it would make sense to make the war suits resemble humans so that it is easier for the tenno to control hence my argument. With this in mind, from a design stand point it would make sense to make the warframes resemble humans due to the nature of their design, since it is essentially the extension of the tenno. At this point you want to make unrealistic bodies come into the scene for the sake of diversity and tokenism without considering the implications that may have on the lore. 

But what really upsets me about this is your intent. You want to increase diversity, you want DE to bend-over and say "yes sir" and forcefully produce diverse body types for the sake of being politically correct. Blizzard were fools to pander to this crowd and DE will be even larger fools if they follow suit. You are destroying artistic freedom and integrity in order to further this "agenda" of forcing diversity. Whats next? Are we going to say the DE is sexist because there aren't as much nyx body types as equinox day body types? We have over 30+ warframes (probably a bit less) and the artists still haven't made a muscular female warframe, and put simply, it's because they don't want to. It does not fit their vision of what warframe should be and thus it should be respected. DE should be creating warframes because they want to, not to cater to PC culture.

Threads like this are ludicrous, it's like telling DaVinci that the mona lisa needed a purple background instead of the original, how about we make that statue of david super skinny and lean? 3D modeling and design is an art made my artists and their vision should be respected. If you want to create a game that incorporates these kinds of women then make your own game, make your own art. But don't pester the artists because they don't want to.

Err, give you this. Rhino is more a suit of armor then a actual being (Remember most frames are themed around ideas and rpg conspects so their design usually themed around It) 

I like what ya want. Just not the way you are asking for It.

If you came in going "You know what would be cool a frame that was female themed around this idea." But you kind of come in with words like MaFrame  and making weird frame buzzwords. I prefer Lady Frames and Gentle frames. More classy,less buzzy.

Also, note Rhino and Atlas are the only 2 Big buffy manly men frame and both are themed around so to speak, earth and might. But, are not Subtle in their fighting skills.How they fight reflects there design. they are not so much about bobing and weaving, they hold down a area and move. They are designed to look imposing,big but most of all they have kits designed around being forces of nature in context.

Also,your redo removed Valkyr's boobage. She does not even have a little. It is like you gave her a sex change. Which is weird. She is actually how a normal Athletic person looks like. They are not over ripped,they have Muscles but still are lean. 

Also

"Before you read this just Remeber. This Warframe it literally has no logic in its universe. Even if you had read my post, then explain to me how does Iron Skin work? why are dogs hatched from egg? Why do the Kavats have reptile weird tails? Why do genders yet they mean nothing. So yah remeber that warframe is far, far into the future and it can be anything up.". 

Actually,there is a logic to this world,there are rules The fact you base your debate on this in context of a starting. Rustles my jimmies. This type of mentality breeds some rather junky ideas. It also shows disrpect to the lore (No matter how much It pisses me off sometimes) And The fact you used Old Valkyr, a frame who had went thou Genetic torment by the Corpus. And fix her to look how you would want her. Kind of makes It messed up.

But, as I said. I would like a tanky female. I just do not like your idea of how to do it and why.

Now,the best way to do this would to make a new Lady Frame. Like a Tanky/bear wall gaurdain. Who is about defense what not. Or something a long the lines of a new designed frame. But It has to feel natural. It can not just be forced like inflating a model, it needs to being big for the sake of design, not just cause we need a big character.

Hopefully,that gives you some insight.

32 minutes ago, Eureka.seveN said:

But the orokin are. If the Tenno who control the warframes are human, or at least resemble human. Then its safe to say that rthe creators of that invention are human or bear the same human form. If an advanced human race was creating a battle suit, it would be illogical to make that battle suit resemble an unknown entity. And with that train of thought, your demand to make a warframe outrageously bulky (a.k.a anti-lore and downright unrealistic) is null. Because maybe the oroking should just make warframes in the shape of geometric shapes for the sake of "diversity" #GeometryLivesMatter

Really mature. This is just an assumption, there is no lore supporting for your argument. It literally meaningless in what you had just said. If DE release lore text on what you had said. Fine, I'll follow. If not, am not. (honestly, get me a quote or clip to support yourself). Anyway, have you even read my damn comment. Chroma was made because people wanted a DragonFrame but DE did it their own image.

Spoiler

Fan art:

Spoiler

SKmShgG.png1X0wW6s.png

Chroma:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150307022659

Am just asking, not demanding. There's a massive difference. Its no different from fan concept

But in all seriousness, the concept of a warframe is a fast, mobile and strong entity that is controlled by a human/human-like figure. So it would make sense to make the war suits resemble humans so that it is easier for the tenno to control hence my argument. With this in mind, from a design stand point it would make sense to make the warframes resemble humans due to the nature of their design, since it is essentially the extension of the tenno. At this point you want to make unrealistic bodies come into the scene for the sake of diversity and tokenism without considering the implications that may have on the lore. 

Seriously, what is this? Firstly, there Rhino who's described as the heaviest warframe ingame. Yet, he can bullet jump around like the rest. Okay, okay. Since when were the Warframes "suits", they were never designed to be. They were meant to lens for the Operator. Anyway, moving on. "diversity", "tokenism" and "consideration" on the lore. Mate, have you even seen Warframe. Firstly, I've stated in my previous comment I do not want DE to do it for tokenism or diversity. I was pointing something out, so suddenly they're immune to criticism? If we did that Warframe would have died along time ago during its early stages. Secondly, I've stated in my previous comments DE shouldn't do it they don't want to. Plus to add on to the fact everyone pressuring DE to make Typhs, even tho they said they would do it in their own Image.

"Resemble humans due to the nature of their design, since it is essentially the extension of the tenno" So your saying that a bulky female warframe wouldn't work due to its nature of its design. So explain to me how does a male Tenno is able to use a female Warframe? You said it yourself male and female body build works different from one and another. So don't think this hypercritical to say?

But what really upsets me about this is your intent. You want to increase diversity, you want DE to bend-over and say "yes sir" and forcefully produce diverse body types for the sake of being politically correct. Blizzard were fools to pander to this crowd and DE will be even larger fools if they follow suit. You are destroying artistic freedom and integrity in order to further this "agenda" of forcing diversity. Whats next? Are we going to say the DE is sexist because there aren't as much nyx body types as equinox day body types? We have over 30+ warframes (probably a bit less) and the artists still haven't made a muscular female warframe, and put simply, it's because they don't want to. It does not fit their vision of what warframe should be and thus it should be respected. DE should be creating warframes because they want to, not to cater to PC culture.

Again, if you read any of my previous comments, you would know I said "consider", never said they "must". There's a difference. Let me bring this up again. Everyone wants Typhs, I understand majority over the minority. That make sense, cater to larger group. But shouldn't Typhs (I can name more) not be made if DE do not want to make yet. Even if it goes against their artistic view. On that thread I don't see no saying this? But moment I bring "diversity", am "sexist". Really mature.

Well, yes and no on Blizz situation. They should what ever they want, its there work. Again, I don't see why they can't have criticism? If we made everyone shut about DE's choices, then game wouldn't be here where it is. There only reason they're here is because of forums and Reddit. 

'You are destroying artistic freedom and integrity in order to further this "agenda"

*cough* 

Spoiler

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/193-feedback-categories/

Kinda hypercritical? I think as a community as whole the majority over the minority. where majority hated chroma's original helm. Its our fault. Don't think this is bad? Yet, everyone was critizing Chroma' helm. Which was because they didn't like it.

*cough*

So yah. I think those people are destroying DE's "artistic freedom and integrity" as well. Let's group on them? Bloody hell, mate. They can design how ever they want the Warframes do. I'll repeat myself, am not against them if they don't. Am not pressuring, if they don't. I will not go against, if they say no. I was just saying they don't have much body diversity with females as much with males. The females either got slim and athletic, or what ever Equinox Day form is?

"and put simply, it's because they don't want to"

You mean "you don't want it". Its can't go against the frames design because your making assumptions with the lore. If you think am wrong bring me a quote or clip. Not some Youtuber person talking about the lore.

"DE should be creating warframes because they want to, not to cater to PC culture". If you read my comments, totally agree.

Threads like this are ludicrous, it's like telling DaVinci that the mona lisa needed a purple background instead of the original, how about we make that statue of david super skinny and lean? 3D modeling and design is an art made my artists and their vision should be respected. If you want to create a game that incorporates these kinds of women then make your own game, make your own art. But don't pester the artists because they don't want to.

"3D modeling and design is an art made my artists and their vision should be respected"

So explain to me why did everyone bash DE when they shown Chroma for first time?

But I totally agree. Honestly, I think you don't think you don't like it. There no lore saying the frames where built in certain image. Artist they can make what ever they want. Again, am not against DE. But you seem to be strongly against the idea, I don't know why. Its not possible.

1 hour ago, Eureka.seveN said:

So. Uh. Just wanted to ask.

Why not complain about Nekros, who is obviously inhuman in his physique?

What about Rhino, who is, in Quiette's words "A 400 lb, bodybuilder ninja."?

What I'm getting at here is that folks in the gaming scene react weirdly when you suggest having things like really buff female characters, when those same people quite casually accept all kinds of stuff which is genuinely outlandish, and then when you point this out (as I am doing now) you get people complaining about "social justice warriors ruining everything!"

Really.

Really.

"How about a really buff, muscular female character?"

"That's just not realistic."

"That's unrealistic. While Nekros is right there being a cyborg skeleton."

"Ugh, sjw's, amirite?"

Can you see how, from the outside, when especially when you put it in the context of how this kind of argument repeats itself ad infinitum across multiple games, it might look a bit odd?

To be quite clear here: you know that there is not actually a feminist/social justice conspiracy out to ruin gaming, force everyone to play characters whom they don't like, and confiscate anything which smacks the slightest bit of 'sexy' design?

This is a thread in which someone said "How about a really buff, muscular female character?" and we are seven pages of knee-jerking later.

Edited by BornWithTeeth