Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dealing with Bursas Solo?

AzyWng

Question

As Onder6099 mentioned, you need some form of CC (crowd control). They are resistant, but not immune, to most forms. I play Inaros mostly unless I need something specific from another frame: killing bursas means hitting 1, parkouring behind them, and shooting them with my Soma P or Akstiletto P until they fall over. It takes about three seconds and they are no threat at all. Most frames have some type of power that will help with this, but not all of them do. At higher levels, they will still be a huge pain because of the scaling on their shields even when temporarily disabled; having something that deals magnetic damage to get rid of the shield then switching out to finish them off probably helps, but I don't do sorties so I am not sure if carrying a magnetic weapon is really recommended or not. 

All these gear check answers. If an enemy requires a specific piece of gear to beat when the levels are reasonable, the enemy needs a rework.

OP, I recommend attacking from above. Bullet jump over the Bursa and shoot at its back while aim gliding. Slam it with your melee weapon on your way down. Staying airborne will also let you avoid their shockwaves.

16 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

All these gear check answers. If an enemy requires a specific piece of gear to beat when the levels are reasonable, the enemy needs a rework.

OP, I recommend attacking from above. Bullet jump over the Bursa and shoot at its back while aim gliding. Slam it with your melee weapon on your way down. Staying airborne will also let you avoid their shockwaves.

Most of those aren't "gear check" ways to deal with the bursas. It's just that you have to get behind them and shoot the consol on their back to deal the most damage. To do that CC works really well. So just CC them with anything really and attack their back.

Why attacking them, make them your friends with Nyx's Mind Control and they can be really useful.

Other than that, if you really want the general thing, try any form of CC and hit them in the back with either AoE type of weapon or just get a really high burst dps weapon and spray that rear.

When I'm doing Corpus missions and those things appear, I get somewhere high because you can shoot their unarmored parts from above. An accurate weapon can even do it from the front (Dera), but then you gotta deal with their obnoxious attacks. Ignis hits them no matter what, maybe other similar weapons are as effective.

5 minutes ago, Drufo said:

I find useful Ash's Fatal Teleport: you teleport just behind them and hit them where it hurts most. If they turn around, just teleport again

Bladestorm will usually kill them in a few casts as well. Explosive weapons also work well. Personally I enjoy detonating Penta grenades over their heads. 

Just move fast. generally a forward bulletjup+mid air slide+aimglide is more than fast enough. You don't need to be behind them, just having an angle on them allows you to shoot the sides.

OR, if you have a high-power and high accuracy gun (snipers, bows, opticor etc) you can just dance in front of them and shoot the frontal weakspot. You do 1/10th of your normal damage (iirc) but with those guns you still kick their arses back to the factory lines.

And there's also the gearcheck solution most others suggested :)

I find that Mag+heat (+ natural rad)staticor work well for chewing through their shields, in addition to rad procing them so that the corpus shoot at them and they occasionally target corpus. After I rad proc them and get through their shields, I bust out my weapon of choice (usually corrosive+blast sancti tigris) and shoot them in the console. A corrosive+blast+magnetic simulor works really well too.

41 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

I'm not sure why you feel this way. Any frame with any weapon can bullet-jump behind and shot. But because it *may* be tricky there are a lot of *easier* solutions here. No gear checks, no specific hard to obtain mods or frames.

Flank them.

They have a slow turning speed.(making them run is quite bad, and they could possibly turn faster.)

Enter from their left/right side.

get very close to them, flank them, and keep on shooting them from either above, or behind them with constant movement.

Or you can use a form of CC/Slow, or both in general.

Due to them being similar to MOAs (meaning they hate electricity as a machinery type enemy), a good Shock as Volt will outright disable them for quite a while, allowing you to run around them and hit their consoles (Discharge also works if you need to stun surrounding enemies and also stun the Bursa). Alternatively, any weapon that has electricity damage and has a high chance of inflicting it can work if you do not have Volt. From there, a high damage dealing weapon like the Tonkor or Hek (Vaykor Hek at Rank 12) will finish the job.

Edited by YellowVolt