Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime Vault Feedback

Multicom-EN-

nope, only need the armour and no way am i paying the price of a full game just for an armour set...

... They could have charged less for just the armour set on it's own and got some money from me or do this and get nothing from me/people like me.

Edited by spacedkadet

Just now, Multicom-EN- said:

Where is the reason in buying this pack for prime sets the majority of players already have? Separating the pack and offer the Syandana and Platinum for 30$ would earn DE a MASSIVE profit. 

Can you prove that though?
Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that DE would make the same or more money by offering the armor alone for 30$?

Just taking a pragmatic look at things and I don't see DE separating the armor out because there is no guarantee that they will make more money.
Which just means that they would have lost profits in the end for absolutely no gain.

What is in it for DE to do that?
They have no guarantee that they will make more money.  And because they are beholden to their shareholders to make profits (as are pretty much all companies) why should they take that risk when they stand to lose money with no guarantees on making more money.

From a pragmatic view of things all I can see is that by doing that they stand to lose money for no real gains.

DE has numbers from the last prime vault and the minor forum fiasco that occured demanding the same thing of what type of profits they are expecting and have nothing at all to back up claims that they will make more money by separating the accessories.

So if you have any actual data to back up your claims feel free to give it as DE will listen.
Until then stop making claims like that with absolutely no proof.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that DE would make the same or more money by offering the armor alone for 30$?

Just taking a pragmatic look at things and I don't see DE separating the armor out because there is no guarantee that they will make more money.
Which just means that they would have lost profits in the end for absolutely no gain.

They have no guarantee that they will make more money.  And because they are beholden to their shareholders to make profits (as are pretty much all companies) why should they take that risk when they stand to lose money with no guarantees on making more money.

From a pragmatic view of things all I can see is that by doing that they stand to lose money for no real gains.

DE has numbers from the last prime vault and the minor forum fiasco that occured demanding the same thing of what type of profits they are expecting and have nothing at all to back up claims that they will make more money by separating the accessories.

So if you have any actual data to back up your claims feel free to give it as DE will listen.

The legal phrasing of "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" sounds pretty to argue in favor on DE on this one, but I can just as easily and turn around, asking can you or DE justify the lack of an accessory pack, proving beyond a reasonable doubt that it would result in a net loss in profit and/or no gain?

No?

Well then be reasonable in alot of people's opinion on the subject matter.

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

They could have done a Mag Prime pack with the armor.

Then a second Boosted booster&armor pack. Without mag and weapons but More plat, larger booster, plus armor for the same price.

If they allowed the Mag prime gear to be received as blueprints, done what you just said, literally anything that allowed people like me to get something out of the prime item gear and/or substitute those items for something I could get use out of, I would have paid the money.

Given how much support a "Prime Vault Accessory pack" had, this just kind of smells greedy honestly... or perhaps a complete lack of consideration regarding the feedback on this.  

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

i will still end up buying it just for the armor after i stop peeing blood from my current kidney stone issue so i can pee money to buy the pack

That was painfull to read. Get well soon :smile: 

OT: I already have everything that's in the pack, but I still got it just for the armor because I couldn't miss it for the second time. The price it is what it is...

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

-snip-

Obviously we can't prove it, but simple logic dictates that:

All the people who want the full pack will buy the full pack

Only a small percentage of the people who don't want the full pack will buy the full pack anyways

V.s

All the people who want the full pack will buy the full pack

All the people who want the reduced pack will buy the reduced pack

And I guarantee you that there are more people who already have mag/dakra/boar then there are who have targis, so targis is the thing that's really generating most the revenue in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Can you prove they wont? The majority of players wants this. DE said when Frost was unvaulted and Misa wasn't available in a separate pack that they would look into it for future unvaults. Looks like they didn't, or forgot. Or just didn't give a damn. 

Anyways, I'm not going to argue with a keyboard warrior. I've said what I need to say, as have others. One can only hope that DE listens and does what most of the community wants. DE should atleast offer the prime parts instead of prime sets to those who already own the prime sets on offer.

Edited by Multicom-EN-

13 minutes ago, spacedkadet said:

nope, only need the armour and no way am i paying the price of a full game just for an armour set...

... They could have charged less for just the armour set on it's own and got some money from me or do this and get nothing from me/people like me.

Tbh, I don't think them selling the armor alone for a cheap-ish price was ever in consideration, in order to force you to pay more.  But yeah, I 110% agree with your sentiment... I was very disappointed to see no other option at all that made dropping money for the armor + literally anything else for people who already owned these things.

Its a pretty crappy limited deal. The ones who get the most out of the pack are the players that don't own any of the items.

People interested in the targis set alone get left with a crappy option. Don't buy and miss out. Or buy and feel bummed you spend 3 high quality games worth penny on a cosmetic item. DE can put together the packs and price them however they want. I'll just express my opinion and call it a crappy, greedy and overpriced deal.

Edited by kubbi

I think the real tragedy here is, DE once again completely shelved the wants of their fanbase, Hek, even as someone who bought the Targis Prime back when it was originally offered,  I knew it wasn't a one time deal, DE has stated with the Prime Vaults that Prime Accesses and the accessories with them would come back at some time down the line.

1 minute ago, Multicom-EN- said:

The majority of players wants this

Again can you back this up?

Because lets just make one thing clear: The amount of forum-goers in the game (as in the amount of people who actually complain about things like the wanting a separate accessories pack for cheaper) are the minority of the game.

Sure the majority of forum-goers appear to support this.  But that just makes it a majority of the minority...still a minority.

You can't take the forum-goers loudly voiced opinions as majority opinions because they just simply aren't (as evidenced by the massive amount of nerf threads that seem to dominate the forums and seriously doubting that those reflect the wants of the majority).

4 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

DE said when Frost was unvaulted and Misa wasn't available in a separate pack that they would look into it for future unvaults. Looks like they didn't, or forgot. Or just didn't give a damn. 

Yes they said that they would look into it, they didn't say that they would do it regardless of what their data on the previous prime vault sale says.

DE currently has data from the last prime vault sale when the forums erupted due to no separate accessories and used that the weigh against the forum-goers cries for a separate accessories pack and found that not splitting it up looks to be the best guaranteed profits for them.

That may change with the next pack depending on if the frustrated voices are louder and there are more of them.

But the fact is DE is going off of the data that they currently have which appears to be saying that its not worth it to them to split up the packs.

I don't have money for this.

Same when the Frost Prime unvault happened.

I'll just quit now. Not even staying to see the new (ugly) map.

Bye for now guys.

See you again soon.

Edited by Icpmcp
I know I'll becoming back anyways :P

The point, everybody, is that DE knows plenty of people just want the armor. They also know that many of those people will buy the full price pack just to get the armor. Giving those people a cheaper option would be deliberately shooting themselves in the foot. This is not DE "ignoring the players." They hear you, Rebecca has even acknowledged this question on Twitter once or twice. They simply want to make more money, as opposed to making less money.

3 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Again can you back this up?

Because lets just make one thing clear: The amount of forum-goers in the game (as in the amount of people who actually complain about things like the wanting a separate accessories pack for cheaper) are the minority of the game.

Sure the majority of forum-goers appear to support this.  But that just makes it a majority of the minority...still a minority.

You can't take the forum-goers loudly voiced opinions as majority opinions because they just simply aren't (as evidenced by the massive amount of nerf threads that seem to dominate the forums and seriously doubting that those reflect the wants of the majority).

Yes they said that they would look into it, they didn't say that they would do it regardless of what their data on the previous prime vault sale says.

DE currently has data from the last prime vault sale when the forums erupted due to no separate accessories and used that the weigh against the forum-goers cries for a separate accessories pack and found that not splitting it up looks to be the best guaranteed profits for them.

That may change with the next pack depending on if the frustrated voices are louder and there are more of them.

But the fact is DE is going off of the data that they currently have which appears to be saying that its not worth it to them to split up the packs.

You say they have data and all that, but how can they know without actually doing it? (Splitting it up).

And who wouldn't buy the accessories for a cheaper price and farm the prime sets? EVERYONE likes cheaper "stuff".

Edited by Multicom-EN-

Just now, Tsukinoki said:

Pretty big assumption you have here that it wasn't offered based off of some kind of analyzed market trend or w/e data DE has to make a calculated decision on the matter.  "Looking into it" could have meant merely asking if say DE Steve wanted an accessory pack available, for instance.  

I know you're here to defend DE no matter what, but don't talk about something you don't know either.  We don't know what lead DE to the decision of offering nothing else for this prime vault.  We just know they "looked into it" in some kind of manner.  What that entailed, is anybody's guess.

5 minutes ago, tifanator said:

The point, everybody, is that DE knows plenty of people just want the armor. They also know that many of those people will buy the full price pack just to get the armor. Giving those people a cheaper option would be deliberately shooting themselves in the foot. This is not DE "ignoring the players." They hear you, Rebecca has even acknowledged this question on Twitter once or twice. They simply want to make more money, as opposed to making less money.

Even if just three satisfied customers bought the theoretical reduced pack at half the price, for every one disgruntled customer who can afford to shell out cash for a pack mostly full of things they don't want/need, it would be a profit.

28 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

The proof is in the fact that they even have platinum discounts in the first place.

I think that despite all this talk/consideration into the subject based on what we have heard from DE, perhaps they really do think that they would profit more selling Mag Prime's Unvaulted Pack like this, when most of us already have everything but the armor. The fact is, they would most likely profit much more in the long run for those who don't have the Targis Armor set if they made it purchasable separately. Rather than hiding it behind a wall with other things we don't need, just trying to sweeten the deal.

I'm not saying they should change it, although I would really like them to. I just think it is really sad to see them bundling the un-farmable accessories with items I already have and can attain again for free, and with platinum that I don't need any more of.

Thanks to you guys for trying to stay on subject, I appreciate that my voice is not alone in this discussion. :community:

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Currently there are two camps concerning the Un Vaulting of primes

1) I want a 20$ Accessory pack so I do not buy the same items again

2) I Don't want people to have a 20$ accessory pack because I spent 60$ for the exclusive and so should everyone else.

I believe that there is a way we can provide a solution that offers positive change for both parties. While generating optimal profit for DE.

Make 2 60$ packs.

Pack 1: 1200 Platinum + Mag Prime + Dakra + Boar + Targis

Pack 2: 800 Platinum + 90 Day Affinity + 90 day Credit + Targis

This way both parties can obtain targis, without having to buy the same thing twice and at the same time they receive items that are worth their dollar. People who dont have mag prime and want her with the weapons can opt for Pack 1. Whereas the people who already farmed for her, mostly the vets but still want the targis set can purchase Pack 2, they get less platinum but they get boosters which is an item that is universally needed for leveling.

You can also include a pack #3. Containing all the items for 95$ CDN for the wallet warriors.

This way everyone pays the same amount for accessories but at least can choose what they want in their packs and can decide what is most useful for them currently. 

Edited by Eureka.seveN

16 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I think that despite all this talk/consideration into the subject based on what we have heard from DE, perhaps they really do think that they would profit more selling Mag Prime's Unvaulted Pack like this, when most of us already have everything but the armor. The fact is, they would most likely profit much more in the long run for those who don't have the Targis Armor set if they made it purchasable separately. Rather than hiding it behind a wall with other things we don't need, just trying to sweeten the deal.

I'm not saying they should change it, although I would really like them to. I just think it is really sad to see them bundling the un-farmable accessories with items I already have and can attain again for free, and with platinum that I don't need any more of.

Thanks to you guys for trying to stay on subject, I appreciate that my voice is not alone in this discussion. :community:

Let's just hope this attracts enough attention for them to actually listen to the feedback this time, shall we?  And here I was, sitting there looking at the poll/thread talking about this which had so many upvotes to create a prime vault accessory pack thinking "Jeez, this will definitely happen with how many people want it!" and didn't even bother to post on the thread.

Joke's on me I suppose for using logic.