Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Trolling Your Players

BlackCoMerc

You're right. I am salty.

For the last year, empty promises to reduce grind, followed by actions to increase it.

No real new content - same bullet sponges, taken to new heights, on old missions.

Nitain.

The game is in my opinion actively getting worse with every update.

But maybe it's me. It could be. I miss buying a game and getting the whole game. Without arbitrary time walls. I come from a time when game developers cared about the entertainment value of a game, not it's "hook." From a time when "addictive" was NOT a selling point.

And maybe free to play games just aren't the place for me. I can accept that.

10 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

You're right. I am salty.

For the last year, empty promises to reduce grind, followed by actions to increase it.

No real new content - same bullet sponges, taken to new heights, on old missions.

Nitain.

The game is in my opinion actively getting worse with every update.

But maybe it's me. It could be. I miss buying a game and getting the whole game. Without arbitrary time walls. I come from a time when game developers cared about the entertainment value of a game, not it's "hook." From a time when "addictive" was NOT a selling point.

And maybe free to play games just aren't the place for me. I can accept that.

This is the only good free-to-play game. it dosen't nickel and dime you for every little thing. 

The problem that I have with Baro's offerings this week is the inflation.

Has DE lost its mind? Prices for the Primed Mods are 300-400 ducats!

His offerings last week were much more reasonable. The prices this time? Not so much.

Why is inflation bad?

• The game turns into a ducat grindfest.
  • Players hate endless grind.
  • With recent nerfs to frame powers and movement speed, grind has worsened.

1 hour ago, Praxxor said:

Joke:

noun

something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.
something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce:
Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.
a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter:
The loss was no joke.
something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy:
The test was a joke for the whole class.

Except a joke should be funny right? The OP is not. Taking Baro seriously is like asking for disappointment, just don't expect anything and be mildly surprised sometimes

Just now, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Except a joke should be funny right? The OP is not. Taking Baro seriously is like asking for disappointment, just don't expect anything and be mildly surprised sometimes

I meant that the entire surprise thing was probably a joke

The redtext statement regarding "special under the hood stuff for baro tomorrow" simply meant that he'd have something new, and were adding that something to the game. It was probably only even brought up because that was the only thing the update contained aside from fixes.

1 hour ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Move along guys, is just another BlackCoMerc "quality" thead. The only thing he does in this forum is complain and create conspiracy threads and call it "feedback".

excuse me, OP has a point. Do not make fun of him. I don't even know him, but he has a point. It is the same exact thing as when Baro accidentally brought the same items in a row last August I believe. DE said "maybe primed serration, streamline, intensify", and gave us primed reach I think it was and a skin. DE does this a lot and I can take a joke, but hyping up people over nothing is kind of annoying. This also isn't the first time sadly

51 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

hyping up people over nothing is kind of annoying

I'm not sure what your definition of, "under the hood," is, but it certainly isn't, "he's going to bring something new and amazing."

Also, your definition of what it means to, "make fun of," someone needs some work. If someone is getting to the point that they have a reputation for making pseudo-intellectual, ranty threads in the feedback section and someone points it out, that's not someone being made fun of.

I'm fine with what Baro brings. If he doesn't have what I want then I just move along and save my ducats for another day, I don't whine about it or act like some spoiled little brat kid. I have an idea for a new mod, I'm sure there's a few here that could make good use out of it.

Xb9uNbt.jpg

3 hours ago, Momaw said:

"Under the hood" means improvements to the game's internal operation or data structures, to support new features that are not yet apparent.

What I get out of that is that whatever was changed was groundwork for something else that hasn't come yet.

I don't get why it seems nobody assumed this, "under the hood" would imply it's something we don't see, and I assumed it involved stability in some way, 'cause previous visits game me very, very long loading times trying to buy or sell stuff, which I didn't have this time.

38 minutes ago, DirtyBerd said:

I'm fine with what Baro brings. If he doesn't have what I want then I just move along and save my ducats for another day, I don't whine about it or act like some spoiled little brat kid. I have an idea for a new mod, I'm sure there's a few here that could make good use out of it.

Xb9uNbt.jpg

Same here (though the sugutra did pique my interest so I spent some ducats and credits on it)

6 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Move along guys, is just another BlackCoMerc "quality" thead. The only thing he does in this forum is complain and create conspiracy threads and call it "feedback".

Not that I don't agree but at least give the man a sporting chance. The forum is for everyone, whether they make sense or not.