Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starchart 2.0 was supposed to integrate Lore into the Star Map

LordPreda

Where is it? The new version of the starchart looks fancy and all, but it's a very scaled-down version of what we were originally promised. The descriptions of the planets are identical to the old ones, and there is no trace of the "Regions" of the System that we were promised would be named after the original Tenno Clans.

What is the point of this update if no lore is added? How will new players understand what is even going on?

This is why I absolutely don't believe in the 'all-in-one fix' I see people making Specters of the Rails out to be; DE has not entirely delivered before, and they're not going to now, not necessarily because they couldn't, but possibly even just because their concept changed. By keeping my expectations grounded, I'm more impressed by what DE does end up doing, at least as long as it's an improvement to the preexisting systems.

15 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

Where is it? The new version of the starchart looks fancy and all, but it's a very scaled-down version of what we were originally promised. The descriptions of the planets are identical to the old ones, and there is no trace of the "Regions" of the System that we were promised would be named after the original Tenno Clans.

What is the point of this update if no lore is added? How will new players understand what is even going on?

Techincally this is starchart 3.0   1.0 was the first startchart. 2.0 is what we have now.      and as for the lore..   Concepts change over time.   And i don't remember anything about any promises about regions being named after tenno clans...   and why would the planets descriptions change? 

29 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

New (old) Starmap hasn't even been released yet. Where are you getting this info?

The screenshots that were released today. Since the update is coming this very week, I'm pretty sure it won't change significantly

1 minute ago, LordPreda said:

The screenshots that were released today. Since the update is coming this very week, I'm pretty sure it won't change significantly

I seen them, and am wondering how you determined that no lore is part of the starmap, as well as the dojo regions. We can only deduce that the starmap is more linear and easier to follow than it is currently. We won't know the rest until release.

I don't believe they made any promises (Steve in particular, he shows us the progress most) when showing the in-development Star Chart 3.0. I'm glad they did away with the white map.

If you must have lore on the Star Chart, it probably comes from the Junctions.

Bear in mind that the Star chart is now unlocked by going to the solar rail junctions and participating in a sort of mini-quest to activate them. It's apparently something secret enough they didn't wanna show it on the last Dev stream, so, maybe some story in there.

37 minutes ago, Tveoh said:

Techincally this is starchart 3.0   1.0 was the first startchart. 2.0 is what we have now.      and as for the lore..   Concepts change over time.   And i don't remember anything about any promises about regions being named after tenno clans...   and why would the planets descriptions change? 

wasn't there a different star chart in closed beta?

So this would be Star Chart 4

42 minutes ago, Tveoh said:

This

55 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

New (old) Starmap hasn't even been released yet. Where are you getting this info?

and this.

@LordPreda 

Till give some source to your claims:

Ufbr5ej.gif?noredirect

5 minutes ago, Grimm said:

startchart 2.0 is the current one we have. the one we are getting is 1.5 because its going back to 1.0's design but more refined and better looking.

i like this train of thought, although if it means this:

Starchart 1.0

Starchart 1.5 - what we are about to get in SotR.

Startchart 2.0 - what we currently have but based on the fact that the new star chart is 1.5, this could be our future.

will happen.

I think i prefer Starchart 3.0 instead. 

I can't 100% remember where I saw this--I think it was a devstream--but I think the region names you're thinking of appear when you zoom out. When you're zoomed in (like they show in the teaser shots), planet names become the more important regional markers to use, and then mission nodes after that. They might still be there, and just didn't get shown in the teaser.

As for lore...judging by how tight-lipped they were about junction nodes and what's inside them, plus the fact that they're making everyone (not just new players) go back and do them all, I'm betting there's something cool going on there that they didn't want to spoil. Otherwise...War Within will scratch that itch, no doubt about it.

The one thing I liked about the original star chart, was that it was much easier to tell which faction (Grineer/Corpus) was gaining control of what locations/planets. Or at least it seemed to be easier then, to me, than it is now.

21 minutes ago, Wevi said:

7589fbf7f41db44e759a706a7265bda4.jpg

First and second Star Chart are pretty identical in terms UI though, only difference is second one got new fresh paint coat to look at for awhile.

So technically 1.0 > 1.5 > 2.0 > 3.0

Edited by Fionntan