The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno weapons that will probably never exist that should

Orangeknight01

I think it's awesome that DE gives us new weapons in the game so often, but after a discussion with my clan leader I decided to share my thoughts here for fun.

Can we get a Tenno minigun? Seriously, I know we're ninjas but if we can carry around an Opticor and still be a ninja - so why not a minigun?

How about a Tenno Slingshot? Hear me out on this, guys - how funny would it be to destroy Grineer with a slingshot?

Tenno non-repeating crossbow. The one that gets reloaded after each shot, but does ludicrous amounts of damage and impales enemies easily.

Sonic shotgun that shoots a cone-shaped shockwave and knocks enemies down.

Edited by Necrius

6 minutes ago, Orangeknight01 said:

I think it's awesome that DE gives us new weapons in the game so often, but after a discussion with my clan leader I decided to share my thoughts here for fun.

Can we get a Tenno minigun? Seriously, I know we're ninjas but if we can carry around an Opticor and still be a ninja - so why not a minigun?

How about a Tenno Slingshot? Hear me out on this, guys - how funny would it be to destroy Grineer with a slingshot?

The Gorgon is practically a minigun, the Supra is a laser minigun.

Slingshot? Why not have a bazooka firring chickens? Or run around and fart on them while we're at it? /sarcasm

Edit: What difference would the faction type mean..?

Edited by Klazik

Tenno anti materiel rifle.

A rifle with a large cartridge (comparable to .50 BMG) and incredibly high damage (crit) that can pop a high level Bombard's head and Nullifier bubbles but have a slow rate of fire (around 1 shot/sec) and medium reload speed like Latron.

Edited by Jangkrik
fixed grammar error

10 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

And why would we need Tenno specific versions?

Just so we could have a Mini-gun Prime?

Personally, I consider many Tenno variations of any given weapon type to be a good baseline for that weapon type. For example, the Fragor is the quintessential big-azz hammer. The Latron is the most straightforward (and one of the most robust) marksman rifles. And so on. Having a Tenno minigun would fill the gap left by having both a Grineer and a Corpus heavy repeater.

Additionally, on top of that the Tenno make some really effing weird weapons as well, like auto-crossbows, electro-nunchaku, and throwing-explosives. Some sort of bizarre energy slingshot thing wouldn't be too out of the question, and that's probably what the PvE Arcata will be. 

They really have both ends of the spectrum covered.

On top of all that, Tenno weapons tend to look great in the hands of Tenno - from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

The fact that Tenno weapons get primed is both:

1. Yet another side consideration
  2. Not 100% true, since there are a few Primes which are implied to be the basis of recreations by other factions (like Braton Prime and Burston Prime)
Edited by Kappatalist

4 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

And why would we need Tenno specific versions?

Just so we could have a Mini-gun Prime?

I suppose they wouldn't have to be Tenno made weapons. I just think it'd be cool and a gold minigun? You made me want one more!

10 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

Tenno anti materiel rifle.

A rifle with a large cartridge (comparable to .50 BMG) and incredibly high damage (crit) that can pop a high level Bombard's head and Nullifier bubbles but have a slow rate of fire (around 1 shot/sec) and medium reload speed like Latron.

Nice idea

I don't get why people automatically say Gorgon every time someone mentions a minigun. I think it's pretty clear that the OP is talking about a gatling gun, you know a heavy weapon with multiple spinning barrels and a ludicrous rate of fire. 

38 minutes ago, Orangeknight01 said:

I think it would be the perfect weapon for Ivara :)

Chain sword ala Ivy from Soul Calibur. 

Different Energy color gives different effects when it crits such as fire in whip mode throws fire in the area while in sword mode it has the effect possibilities to make fire weapons jam/explode.

Lotus gauntlets & climbing claws. Lotus gauntlets have a meter that grows kind of like the Syndicate weapons but they also allow you to send out a energy Kubrow that rushes through forward knocking enemies out of the way then disappears in a AoE explosion. Climbing claws go on feet and hands and allows us to grab enemies then toss them around; chance to proc fear and bleed on crits. 

Fighting sticks. Stunning strikes that confuse the enemies and chance to bypassing armor and shields. Spinning attacks clear area while ground slam effects  mobility of foes. 

And.....that's it for me.

Edited by (XB1)DShinShoryuken
Saw some errors.....typing and tired dont mix

the main problem regarding minigun is that they often trade intense firepower in exchange for a loss of mobility. Warframe is ALL ABOUT mobility, with our ninja Parkour moves, so it would go directly against the nature of the game. if it had no mobility penalty, then it likely wouldn't do that much damage either, as DE won't give us a minigun that's both powerful AND doesn't affect mobility, we could only have one or the other in the name of balance.

a slingshot on the other hand would be pretty great, it could be like a sidearm version of a Bow (single shot charge weapon, dealing high damage). not sure what it would fire though, as rocks wouldn't be that effective against armour...

I wanted to make a thread like this....good job kid

BTW when I was thinking of the idea...I wanted a DUBSTEP GUN it will go well with Banshee :'3 (or at least fires waves of her 1st)

Or maybe Shoop Da Whoop :3 

latest?cb=20140104140215

Edited by Zdeadfallout
I'm Firin MA LAZER

26 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

I don't get why people automatically say Gorgon every time someone mentions a minigun. I think it's pretty clear that the OP is talking about a gatling gun, you know a heavy weapon with multiple spinning barrels and a ludicrous rate of fire. 

Because the Gorgon/Soma/Supra all have spool-ups, which is a characteristic of guns with multiple barrels, a la minigun?

And of course, have the same characteristic of fast fire-rates and whatnot.

Look, if you want an actual minigun, then play Archwing.

My warframe life would be complete once we get a katar.

*Let us pray*

Dear Lord Steve...
May you bestow these awesome katars for the Veil and keep us away from weapons of mass abomination like a reskinned heat dagger or sword.
Thank thee.

katar.jpg

Edited by Oranji

1 hour ago, Jangkrik said:

A rifle with a large cartridge (comparable to .50 BMG) and incredibly high damage (crit) that can pop a high level Bombard's head and Nullifier bubbles but have a slow rate of fire (around 1 shot/sec) and medium reload speed like Latron

Vectis is pretty much this. One-shotting Bombards feels good, I can attest.

24 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Because the Gorgon/Soma/Supra all have spool-ups, which is a characteristic of guns with multiple barrels, a la minigun?

And of course, have the same characteristic of fast fire-rates and whatnot.

Look, if you want an actual minigun, then play Archwing.

The soma doesn't have a spool time.

But what people are usually asking for when talking about a mini gun is aesthetics. The gorgon doesn't LOOK like a minigun at all. Nor does the Supra.

As for mobility, as has been mentioned previously, there's been a fan concepts thread about this, but my take on it is: we can be a banshee wielding an Opticor and a Fragor and fly through the skies like we own them. We control SUPERPOWERED ROBOTS for goodness sake. We got this.

Edit: yes I know they aren't really "robots". They're biomechanically enhanced infested flesh golems encased in a metal shell. But still. Space robot pirates.

Edited by (PS4)maelstromm15