Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really DE? we are talking about how we hate nullifiers and you just... BUFF THEM? REALLY?

Kaiser_Suoh

Since I only play Valkyr I was already screwed from the get go so nothing will change for me but RIP the rest of the frames, especially Frost... I still think that Nullifiers are cheap and unfun and one of the worst things that has ever made it into Warframe. Oh, and low rof weapons are still useless against bubbles, thank you I guess.

Edited by Momo93

You know, this whole thing wouldn't be a problem, if we actually had an assault rifle that's worth taking into endgame, but we don't, so we take our gud shotguns and snipers, and then we encounter nullifiers :OOO

But no worries, my InvisiBanshee still can run into that bubble and stabbity-stab those punks due to Naramon. Bwahahahaha ;)

Oh, and guys that love nullifiers? You guys better watch the dark corners. Because bladeleaves of Naramon may suddenly send you their regards. :D

They need to fix weapons and types properly interacting with them first. It pretty much pegs Frosts (Volt, etc) into having high rate fire weapons.

Again: Single shot weapons should be based off to a higher damage cap, shotguns need to do more damage the closer they are (MUCH higher cap than single shots), snipers need to hit a specific threshold which will allow for penetration, explosives damaging those inside of it (IF they explode next to the bubble).

This is good, it makes experiences against nullifiers consistent. However, they need to look at Weapons vs Nullifiers on top of this. They're supposed to be enemies that nullify warframe powers. The counter to them should be weapons. This is only partially true as of now. All weapons should be effective against them, but in different ways.

I would really like them to finally implement that idea, of snipers (and single shot weapons in general) being able to break the bubble and make holes in it. That has been suggested many times and it would make a lot of sense, rewarding the use of such weapons the same way it's rewarded against normal enemies, you shoot less, but with more accuracy and strength. You break the bubble with your first shot, having a chance at aiming through the hole to kill the "agent" with your second shot.

Automatic and continous weapons would be effective in the way they are now, by continously lowering the bubble's size until it breaks completely.

Shotguns would work in both ways since at point blank they would hit the bubble with a concentrated shot, while at range pellets would spread out and slowly lower the bubble's size.

This can clearly be achieved by making this system of putting holes in the nullifier bubbles based on the idea of having a damage threshold where a high damage shot concentrated in a small area (be it a single bullet from a snipers or 12 point blank pellets from a shotgun) will make a hole, which is what would also keep the automatic and continous weapons the way they are.

10 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I think I'm done with this game.

Maybe it's just a spur of the moment thing, but I feel the same way too.

The "treasure hunt" for finding fissures dragging out the Void missions even longer.

This Nullifier buff that they once got rid of with a hotfix but brought back this update anyways...

So much disappointment :( 

Edited by NativeKiller

9 minutes ago, cghawk said:

I am but after shooting with my bow 20 times I still haven't managed to pierce through the 4 stacked nullifier bubbles

Automatic weapons fans will not understand our pain.

"Just shoot them with your automatic weapon" BullS!!

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

Yep, first time I thought DE didn't mess up something, and then BAM! This note. No more hype. Really, it's ok. overall, but you cant survive void defence without snowglobe or any other protection. This would be instaloose and huge waste of time. There is no way to go to bubble to quickly kill nullifier itself and go out without being harmed or down. I guess, with focus only. Really, DE you should make some other way to deal with this bubbles or reverse this changes. Every other situation, where nulifeiler can deni your abilites is fine for me and sounds fair, but not this. Totally.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity

Just now, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

Slide attack is what I use the fast majority of the time...

Ancient Healers and its Eximi brethrens says hi

Oooh then there's that one bombard that happens to be inside the bubble

Then there's that another Nullifier right next to that Nullifier ready to 360 scope me.

The really fundamental problem with this until is the bubble is just too damned big.

It's supposed to be an area denial unit, but it simply covers too much area. It's supposed to force camping warframes to move. Force them out of areas they've been hanging out in too long. However, when you get multiples, it gets to be way too much, especially in mission types where you have to stay near an objective. The fact that a full division of corpus can take cover under the same bubble just exacerbates the problem.

Generally, the best way I've found to deal with them is to be somewhere else, but aggressively attacking with melee usually works--unless there are a large number of the cheese ospreys nearby (another problematic unit when encountered in large numbers).

They're a big reason why I generally avoid doing corpus missions. They could stand some more adjustment. There's nothing wrong with consistency of how they react to weapons and powers, but they need some looking at in terms of range and durability of the bubble.

1 minute ago, WilYen said:

why are people scared to just jump in the bubble and shoot/melee them

probably because that stops working once they reach a certain level/you aren't playing a tank frame and there are 20 units inside the buuble coupled with eximus and ancients

You have TWO WHOLE slots for ranged weapons! FFS! Equip one that spits bullets and you are set. And the ONLY ones who were ever hurt by nullifiers were endless grinders. Who the hell in their right mind wants to spend an HOUR or so, trying to outbreak the game's own mechanics that are being pushed beyond the breaking point. 

DE is doing everything by their rulebook. And I do believe they base ALL their balance changes on NORMAL gameplay. As in: everything not endless, nightmare, trial or sortie. 

6 minutes ago, TheOlright said:

Yep, first time I thought DE didn't mess up something, and then BAM! This note. No more hype. Really, it's ok. overall, but you cant survive void defence without snowglobe or any other protection. This would be instaloose and huge waste of time. There is no way to go to bubble to quickly kill nullifier itself and go out without being harmed or down. I guess, with focus only. Really, DE you should make some other way to deal with this bubbles or reverse this changes. Every other situation, where nulifeiler can deni your abilites is fine for me and sounds fair, but not this. Totally.

And DE will buff Nullifier even more.

I think it's safe to say if you are complaining about them because of what happens when they hit level 80 to 100 DE isn't going to worry too much.  Endless missions always have an unofficial end anyway.

3 minutes ago, Lakais said:

You have TWO WHOLE slots for ranged weapons! FFS! Equip one that spits bullets and you are set. And the ONLY ones who were ever hurt by nullifiers were endless grinders. Who the hell in their right mind wants to spend an HOUR or so, trying to outbreak the game's own mechanics that are being pushed beyond the breaking point. 

DE is doing everything by their rulebook. And I do believe they base ALL their balance changes on NORMAL gameplay. As in: everything not endless, nightmare, trial or sortie. 

That is the thing.  Enemies will never be balanced for Endless game play, and sorties/nightmare are supposed to be hard as hell.

Why does this thing have to counter both abilities and guns? Why is this thing spammed so much in any endless void mission? Please choose one aspect and stick to it and cut down the spawn rate, thank you very much.

Meanwhile, Nullifier bubbles counter explosives, but snow globe doesn't?

Very great game design, I guess.

This would only be a non-issue if the spawn rate of nullifiers didn't allow them to spawn in mobs of 3-8 in a stacked room with corrupted healers, bombards, and heavy gunners in the mix. 

Also, nullifiers aren't a challenge, they're just annoying with their mobile No-Fun Zones that eat half your ammo if you enjoy using bows, snipers, handguns (Lex), or any other single shot weapons. Not everyone has or enjoys using a Soma, even the Amprex is trashy on reducing that bubble in an efficient amount of time.

12 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

Automatic weapons fans will not understand our pain.

"Just shoot them with your automatic weapon" BullS!!

You have tools available, use them.  You have two ranged weapon slots for a reason.  Go ahead and use a bow or a sniper or whatever, and if you need something to deal with bubbles bring an automatic secondary.

I am definitely not a fan of Nullifiers in their current form, but don't act like you shouldn't have to prepare accordingly if you're doing high-level missions.  In low- and mid-level missions the "Sprint in and slide attack" advice is perfectly applicable, and in high-level missions where that won't work how about planning ahead and bringing the right gear for job?  Alternatively, maybe you're not supposed to be able to win easily when they reach that point?