Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Tigris Vs. Prime Tigris

SquireAngel

14 hours ago, (PS4)Yee_The_MLG_Pro said:

Well, prime weapons should have the best stats, but on the other side, the syndicate version has a proc to it, so it really depends on your playstyle. It's like the telosboltor/boltor prime

don't know if this was said already, didn't mind reading all of the replies lol

You also have to consider the work it takes to get Syndicate Weapons vs Primed.

I wouldn't want to devalue that process if I were DE.

I still might might like Sanctitig bling better than Sanctiprime bling...and Necprime's minimalist helm BEGS for a Raknis Prime Version.

I'd rather have the clip size nerfed to 1 but the pellet count, damage, reload speed and crit chance / damage buffed to insane levels. Maybe double or triple the spread as well so you can wipe a whole squad in one shot.

We already have a powerful 4 shot shotgun like the Hek. I'd rather go for something slightly more unique

• 1 month later...

What makes yall think it will be any different than the boltor prime, telos boltor relationship?

Syndicate weapons will be same thing as well.

I like the syndicate versions best. Although there are few instances where the prime version might suit better. Boltor prime has higher puncture, but telos has syn proc and other stat features/variations. My telos is a punc, corrosive power house rapid fire machine gun with faster flight speeds than B.prime.

Sancti prime will just be for exp mostly. Even with any stat varition increases from reg version.

Waiting for syndicate weapons.

Hoping banshee prime and tipedo prime next though. Followed by Oberon prime during xmas! ?

Edited by (XB1)Poisonous Prime

My only issue is that the Sacti Tigris not only already an upgraded weapon but that it's already a beast. I'd really like to see DE make a minimum of two variations or at least wait until they've primed some of the older and lacking weapons before making more than two versions of a weapon.

I adore the Tigris but would have rathered they did the strun or pyrana or something instead tbh.

As for the weapon itself what I would like to see is that it has pretty equivalent stats to the sancti version but has a clip size of 4 and a slower reload. I always use a clip of 2 on my Tigris because I like how it feels, but I know a lot of people extend its mag and this would give it a nice little niche spot so it doesn't overlap or creep quite so hard.

What we'll ACTUALLY see is probably literally the sancti tigris with higher stats and pellet count but no syndicate proc.

God, they should have done gram prime, and furs prime.. something, anything, that we don't already have a better verify of! Tigris, basic tigris, is still top 5 shotguns, and galatine won't be the first heavy blade primed, and people still use it like mad. And primed fully auto secondaries, well, given the akstilleto primes, maybe not furis, but, come on, this is all for the money, plain and simple. 

32 minutes ago, Iceheart125 said:

God, they should have done gram prime, and furs prime.. something, anything, that we don't already have a better verify of! Tigris, basic tigris, is still top 5 shotguns, and galatine won't be the first heavy blade primed, and people still use it like mad. And primed fully auto secondaries, well, given the akstilleto primes, maybe not furis, but, come on, this is all for the money, plain and simple. 

Tenno weapons are the only weapons canon for priming, so Gram Prime wouldn't. Also, Galatine Prime actually will be the first heavy blade primed O.o The only other heavy weapon primed is the Fragor, and that's something of a different beast. My major issue with the Tigris prime is that variety is the spice of life, and it's more of the same old same old. The shotgun family is pretty small, but actually has a good variety. Tigris is the alpha monster, Hek is the crit, Strun and Boar or status, but Strun is single shot/reload, where as boar is full auto steamroller. Drakgoon has a ncie mechanic behind it, Kohm has insane pellet count and can be quite fun, and the sobek has explosions; so many got dayum explosions... Tigris prime is just probably more of the same from the Tigris family. I will say that Primes have trended towards what people want, and DE has stated it has a decent impact on what they choose to prime, but I feel there are a few other choices that could have been safe loves as well. 

11 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Tenno weapons are the only weapons canon for priming, so Gram Prime wouldn't. Also, Galatine Prime actually will be the first heavy blade primed O.o The only other heavy weapon primed is the Fragor, and that's something of a different beast. My major issue with the Tigris prime is that variety is the spice of life, and it's more of the same old same old. The shotgun family is pretty small, but actually has a good variety. Tigris is the alpha monster, Hek is the crit, Strun and Boar or status, but Strun is single shot/reload, where as boar is full auto steamroller. Drakgoon has a ncie mechanic behind it, Kohm has insane pellet count and can be quite fun, and the sobek has explosions; so many got dayum explosions... Tigris prime is just probably more of the same from the Tigris family. I will say that Primes have trended towards what people want, and DE has stated it has a decent impact on what they choose to prime, but I feel there are a few other choices that could have been safe loves as well. 

Gram is Tenno, Scindo Prime exists. 

2 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Even though the Corrosive proc is awesome, I will be shelving my Sancti Tigris for the Prime version IF the leaked stats turn out to be correct.

Which ones ? The first set were... obviously not final, so to speak, but there are post Silver Grove stats. It looks like it's going to be a 100% status shotgun like the Boar P. The raw sustained dps is about even between the two now, so the Tigris P will be preferable for highly armoured enemies, but the speed advantage of the S Tigris will probably be more useful for everything else.

As for the Galatine P, while no where near what the pre SG numbers were (seriously, that thing had almost 3x the dps of War, no way was that final ;) ) it's still a sizable increase over War. And perhaps even more importantly, being slash damage, it's actually effective versus highly armoured targets, even without CP.

You could make a pretty good case for it being actual power creep (as opposed to things like Broken War or Fragor P, which weren't at all really, they just brought their respective categories up to par (and single swords have since fallen behind again anyway with Blood Rush)). But I guess it is what it is. *shrug*

38 minutes ago, Aglethe said:

Which ones ? The first set were... obviously not final, so to speak, but there are post Silver Grove stats. It looks like it's going to be a 100% status shotgun like the Boar P. The raw sustained dps is about even between the two now, so the Tigris P will be preferable for highly armoured enemies, but the speed advantage of the S Tigris will probably be more useful for everything else.

As for the Galatine P, while no where near what the pre SG numbers were (seriously, that thing had almost 3x the dps of War, no way was that final ;) ) it's still a sizable increase over War. And perhaps even more importantly, being slash damage, it's actually effective versus highly armoured targets, even without CP.

You could make a pretty good case for it being actual power creep (as opposed to things like Broken War or Fragor P, which weren't at all really, they just brought their respective categories up to par (and single swords have since fallen behind again anyway with Blood Rush)). But I guess it is what it is. *shrug*

Oh really? Shame then. I actually liked those stats but oh well. What's the base damage of the Galatine P and Tigris P now then? Before it was 250 and 2000 respectively right?

32 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Oh really? Shame then. I actually liked those stats but oh well. What's the base damage of the Galatine P and Tigris P now then? Before it was 250 and 2000 respectively right?

Yeah, it's 165 and 1560 as of SG, of course that could change again tomorow at release, so we wont really know until then.

Problem with sancti tigris is proc ruins stealth, so you can't put silent battery on it and go farm 10000 focus on a stealth run on Sedna. Or no silent battery if you use augmented loki.

Tigris prime could fix that. No proc and more damage. To reliably oneshot Sedna bombards and heavy gunners even if you slightly misaligned the shot.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Problem with sancti tigris is proc ruins stealth, so you can't put silent battery on it and go farm 10000 focus on a stealth run on Sedna. Or no silent battery if you use augmented loki.

Not anymore it seems.

From the latest PC hotfix: "- The radial burst from Syndicate weapons and mods is now silent and won't alert enemies."

8 hours ago, SquireAngel said:

A few things:

sindo prime. 

Can you source the info stating gram isn't tenno? I can't seem to find anything, and the wiki doesn't say anything either.

3 struns, 2 heks, now 3 tigris, where's the love of the others? I do like the drak's booster mod, but to have to remove a utility mod for something that would have made it far better if they'd have put it on during the Great Shotgun Buff. Base tigris is still better overall than most, and it's getting a stronger version on top of the syndicate one. Guh. Why must my favored weapons be grineer?

even if they give it better damage stats,

we're still moving from a shotgun that oneshots everything....

to a shotgun that oneshots everything without the heal/aoe corrosive proc

unless the tigris prime has better reload/mag size, it's a functional downgrade to the sancti tigris.

The telos/prime boltor scenario is something completely different because they are rifles that deal sustained damage so having that increase in damage actually significantly affects time to kill/overall damage output.

5 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Oh well that's still very nice. Has the reload time been reduced any? Also are the crit stats the same?

The reload is the same as the standard Tigris (1.8s) so it's slower than the Sancti's (1.5s), the crit chance was reduced but the crit damage was increased (10% 2x vs 15% 1.5x for the Sancti). The big change is that the pellet count is increased from 6 to 8, which would be a nerf, except that the status chance is increased to 30% so with all four dual stat elementals you can hit 100% and then more pellets just means more procs. Which seems to be the weapon's niche, it's the Tigris to bust out when armour is keeping you from one shoting everything. ;)

As far as the Galatine P, it's the same as War with the Galatine's attack speed and the extra damage.

And of course, none of this is final until tomorow (or later today rather).