The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Tigris Vs. Prime Tigris

SquireAngel

So, there's a post that shows the newly revealed Nekros, Galatine, and Tigris Prime. While the former 2 are fine, I'm concerned we'll have another Boltor Prime/Telos Boltor situation. I really hope that the Tigris Prime offers something unique, rather than a simple side grade once again. 

Yeah I kinda wish all Prime weapons had their own unique proc effect like syndicate weapons have.  Well not even like them, just something that only prime variants can do.  Perhaps with the new void rift system, prime weapons could have some interesting interaction with void tears or boost damage or the frame using it in some fashion while near a void tear.

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Really? And am I wrong to assume that said post is based on leaks or datamined info, therefore against the rules to discuss on the Forums?

No, it's a Tennocon reveal. Check out the subreddit for all other cool announces.

Prime Nekros+Tigris+Galatine confirmed in a totally non-leaked way.

13 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

I really hope that the Tigris Prime offers something unique, rather than a simple side grade once again. 

Actually, making it "unique" would most likely make it a side grade.

I think you mean avoid making it another upgraded primed version.

Also link to post?

2 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Actually, making it "unique" would most likely make it a side grade.

I think you mean avoid making it another upgraded primed version.

Also link to post?

My post is literally on the front page:

Also they should tweak the stats of this new Tigris , make it crit viable maybe?

7 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

My post is literally on the front page:

Also they should tweak the stats of this new Tigris , make it crit viable maybe?

Yeah either a crit Tigris or a quad shot Tigris. Either way I think it should have some lowered physical damage stats to balance it out.

I have to admit that I am disappointed at Nekros Prime's helm. It looks like Mesa's longhorn helm...

And thanks, I didn't see it since this post was at the top when I came in.

Edited by Madway7

Really? Tigris Prime? Ugh...What a waste. I use the Sancti Tigris a lot, really enjoy it but.. why prime things you have another version to tide you over with? Just a wasted opportunity to prime something else that doesn't have an alternate version. I'd even take another primed archwing over that to be honest. 

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

7 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Really? Tigris Prime? Ugh...What a waste. I use the Sancti Tigris a lot, really enjoy it but.. why prime things you have another version to tide you over with? Just a wasted opportunity to prime something else that doesn't have an alternate version. I'd even take another primed archwing over that to be honest. 

I think they gave up on priming Archwing stuff because a minority likes it.

10 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

I think they gave up on priming Archwing stuff because a minority likes it.

I know, just relaying how much the the tigris prime is the last thing I want--as much as I enjoy the weapon. I also don't see it being better than the sancti, wasn't it just an upgrade overall with no downsides? If we didn't have the sancti, I'd be all for it. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

I know, just relaying how much the the tigris prime is the last thing I want--as much as I enjoy the weapon. I also don't see it being better than the sancti, wasn't it just an upgrade overall with no downsides? If we didn't have the sancti, I'd be all for it. 

We don't need it but apparently DE says we do, what do you wanna bet its going to turn into Nikana P/Boltor P situation?

54 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

So, there's a post that shows the newly revealed Nekros, Galatine, and Tigris Prime. While the former 2 are fine, I'm concerned we'll have another Boltor Prime/Telos Boltor situation. I really hope that the Tigris Prime offers something unique, rather than a simple side grade once again. 

Considering the Dragon/Prime nikana, it's probably just going to be an upgrade to the sancti tigris.

I mean really, when have sidegrades ever actually been a thing? People don't spend money on sidegrades :T

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Man I love my sancti tigris but I wasn't really expecting a better version of it now...or at all really. I know these are not Tenno weapons but I keep waiting to see better versions of the flux rifle or supra...or opticor.....or gram......or dual cestra... almost all of the laser weapons need some love....oh and those claws...venka is it?;)

51 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Because all Tenno weapons in the game are going to be primed at some point.

Just now, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

I know, but there are other weapons they could have done first when we already have the sancti tigris which is already an upgrade

It's also dependent on what time the weapon was added into the game. in terms of weapon order, it's time for the Tigris to be primed.