Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

54 minutes ago, Dizzle22 said:

I thought the same thing, but it all looks out of place in Warframe....

OBJECTION! Here is a slightly modified quote of Sora.

Tenno, Grinner, Corpus and even the Infested will only truly fight for what is right. And there is only one thing that is truly right in this world! The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is... "CUTENESS"! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way we are!

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

OBJECTION! Here is a slightly modified quote of Sora.

Tenno, Grinner, Corpus and even the Infested will only truly fight for what is right. And there is only one thing that is truly right in this world! The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is... "CUTENESS"! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way we are!

That quote from NGNL?.... *Off topic post* *Reads Sora* Nvm....

Edited by LoveNot

2 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

MORE BERSERK

Grifffiiiiiiitthh!!!!

Hey, we're getting a new anime, that new game that looks awesome, and the manga has finally continued (until it goes on hiatus again in 2 months anyway...)

I can do without a Schierke-cat thing in Warframe :P

1 hour ago, Sirfol said:

Next pet: Pigeon, they will bombard the enemies with poop to slow them....and become food for kavats

I was going to say some kind of Parrot or something next, but I guess we already that with that Carrier skin haha

3 hours ago, YellowVolt said:

Just so you know, I have heard at one point (I think it was in a Devstream) that Kubrows and the upcoming Kavats will have A.I. improvements, so it's a good start on making Kubrows/upcoming Kavats reliable. Also, I think having a variety of companions in Warframe is important (people shouldn't just want/rely on Sentinels all the time; Dogs and Cats make sense in the Warframe universe and if they're given the right treatment, they could become just as good as them). And with the armor, it really isn't that bad (although some constructive feedback on them will probably appear for obvious reasons, which is fine). Regardless, let's just wait and see what happens in the end and go from there.

the problem isn't so much that Kubrows (and eventually Kavats) are really bad, the problem is that right now Carrier/Vacuum is too good, the convenience level of just having every drop that you need is a massive radius instantly picked up for you with no input or thought on your part is just way too high, even more so when you can stack Guardian and Medi-Ray on top of that, meaning with 1 sentinel you have free periodic shield recharges, free healing, and never having to worry about finding ammo/health/energy pickups no kubrow can really compete with that.

Mmaybe if they buffed player pickup range so you didn't have to literally run over top of drops to pick them up and instead had something like a 5m pickup range baseline, or heck give Carrier a different effect and make Vacuum an Exilus mod, you would start to see some variety in what people use, but as it is right now there is just nothing that can really compete with the convenience/utility of Carrier

25 minutes ago, Amythist said:

the problem isn't so much that Kubrows (and eventually Kavats) are really bad, the problem is that right now Carrier/Vacuum is too good, the convenience level of just having every drop that you need is a massive radius instantly picked up for you with no input or thought on your part is just way too high, even more so when you can stack Guardian and Medi-Ray on top of that, meaning with 1 sentinel you have free periodic shield recharges, free healing, and never having to worry about finding ammo/health/energy pickups no kubrow can really compete with that.

Mmaybe if they buffed player pickup range so you didn't have to literally run over top of drops to pick them up and instead had something like a 5m pickup range baseline, or heck give Carrier a different effect and make Vacuum an Exilus mod, you would start to see some variety in what people use, but as it is right now there is just nothing that can really compete with the convenience/utility of Carrier

Have you ever used Carrier? The range isn't as huge as you make it out to be. It's certainly extremely convenient, but nothing game-breaking.

45 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Have you ever used Carrier? The range isn't as huge as you make it out to be. It's certainly extremely convenient, but nothing game-breaking.

yeah it's only 10m, but 10m is still much better than the basically non existent pick up range you have by default, and even downplaying the convenience of that you can equip Guardian, basically the equivalent of a Raska's Protect, as well as Medi-Ray, which there is no equivalent with for Kubrows,

so yes Vacuum may not be game breaking, but Vacuum on top of the other mods that give Sentinels advantages pushes it over the top

14 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Kitty, Goth and DJ (Valkyr, Nekros and Banshee) still came before Oberon. Release order hasn't stopped DE before (you could just take Nova Prime as an example), but still. Seeing how Prime releases seem to be 2 Males then 2 Females, Nekros should be next by rights.

PS: I personally can't wait for Mesa, just so we can finally have AkVasto Prime :(

Yeah,  but Obe-ron Tennobi is just so mich cooler than Nekros. 

3 hours ago, Amythist said:

even more so when you can stack Guardian and Medi-Ray on top of that, meaning with 1 sentinel you have free periodic shield recharges, free healing, and never having to worry about finding ammo/health/energy pickups no kubrow can really compete with that.

Up until that bombard takes a shot at you and kills your hoverdong in 1 hit.

Edited by Alma_Elma

34 minutes ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

I am a little surprised that there are only 2 Kavat types coming when Kubrows came out there were 4 types.

DE is probably currently more focused on the quest and the new solar map. With that being the case, they most liely didn't have enough tme to make more Kavat types.

Those Kavats sound and look nice! I'm so gonna get myself a chesire!

Though, it's not likely to replace my carrier, at least not permanently. Vacuum isn't exactly OP or game-breakingly powerful - it's just that all other utilities are really underwhelming. Kubrows, with their 90% lockpick and "dig up loot" could be nice, except that it's a rare occasion where I stand still, waiting for my kubrow to open some containers.

So can we expect the final reveal to be the War Within at Tennocon?

One more teaser sometime between now and friday, then on the stream; the Quest and new gear and possibly a new warframe reveal.

So Specters release next week and WW the following week maby?

1 hour ago, CarrotSalad said:

Kavats look very blocky..

Were they made for a Nintendo 64 or something... Oh well could be worse...

I was expecting(wanting) more fluffy.. hopefully we get some fluffy armor cosmetics...

hm.. i was hoping more of a kavat skin/cosmetic that lets them look like kavats you see in the wilderness.

but fluffy looking is better then nothing i guess.

42 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

hm.. i was hoping more of a kavat skin/cosmetic that lets them look like kavats you see in the wilderness.

but fluffy looking is better then nothing i guess.

If we get a Feral Kavat skin, we should also get a Feral Kubrow skin.

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

If we get a Feral Kavat skin, we should also get a Feral Kubrow skin.

that too, but on feral an tenno kubrow is not that much difference on the skin, while on the kavat site, they nearly look completly different.

E.g.: fur instead of scales

5 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

that too, but on feral an tenno kubrow is not that much difference on the skin, while on the kavat site, they nearly look completly different.

E.g.: fur instead of scales

Yup, still when I saw the Feral ones and learned we can't have ours look like that...I was this close to going to Canada, just so I can slap everyone at DE in the face. In other words I couldn't agree with you more.