The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

Just now, LegionCynex said:

No..,how meny times do I need to say this?. Stave said that he bets his job, that we WILL GET IT, at the end of july, This week (unlikely) or Next Week (very likely). However considering the way DE goes about things we might not get it until the following week after, but considering what steve said...  

Also, please no hype trian, hype always leads to disappointments 

Of course it leads to disappointments if you set your expectations way to high and it seems like the disappointment has jaded your mind the fact that "hype always leads to disappointments" is a variable factor.

On 7/15/2016 at 6:16 AM, AM-Bunny said:

Just want to add my two cents on two little things -

At the climax of The Second Dream, after the Operator has been rescued, Lotus says: 'Now we fight on two fronts, my child -- the war without and the war within'. The war without is referring to fighting with the Warframe, while the war within is referring to the growth and survival of the Tenno. This is where the Quest name comes from - It will mark a new stage in the development of the Operator, as they become more capable of fighting on this front.

Teshin is not a villain. The trailer clearly sets him up that way, and they wouldn't spoil it if that was the entire reveal. There's another element to his motivation that's not been revealed that will explain his actions. He's certainly not a traitor. Perhaps he battles the Warframe to test them, perhaps he severs the somatic link to force the Tenno to act without the Warframe, or perhaps he was pulling the attack-an-enemy-thats-behind-the-good-guy move. Something like that.

I certainly think the "force tenno to act without the warframe" is a thing especially given how  the quest is apparently going to alter gameplay and.. there was that focus school arm cannon thing which is very related to operator themselves. But i also think theres something going on with teshin, i think he was serious about "you've ruined us both" part and not just saying it as a diversion or lie of sort.

On a side note,

On 7/16/2016 at 10:53 PM, (XB1)Veneficus Ignis said:

Sigh.. The stupidity here.. Let me give my educated guess here (Since all these are educated guesses to begin with..)

Thank you very much for the fine display of stroking one's ego. It made me giggle.

People seem to notice about Teshin's appearance and related stuff and I'm just here hoping for a chance to see my operator walking inside the ship.

I mean the necrosis theory was ultimately debunked and even with fragile appearance, that particular operator seems to be able to walk just fine.(hell, it was even a blizzard)

but  maybe it was just a dream. idk, seems real to me

The only reason the Operator flopped in the Second Dream was for the same reason that you flop out of bed after sleeping in, or astronauts have weakened muscles after long periods in space. Your muscles have been rested for a long period of time, or have little use, so they conserve space and energy by destroying themselves. Thus, they are weak for a period of time. It would seem the Operator just took some time to use the treadmill in the back.

Also, looking at the blizzard scene, one can observe that the Tenno is walking towards a set of stairs. Where those stairs go is unknown.

Steve pointed out in the recent Prime Time (and also the AngryJoe interview I believe) that the end of the trailer with the Operator fighting snow is going to introduce some new mechanics. I'm sure everyone caught the Operator actually walking, it just doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. DE expressed interest in Operators walking (free roaming among the Orbiter primarily), it was just a matter of time when they would be able to do so.

5 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

The only reason the Operator flopped in the Second Dream was for the same reason that you flop out of bed after sleeping in, or astronauts have weakened muscles after long periods in space. Your muscles have been rested for a long period of time, or have little use, so they conserve space and energy by destroying themselves. Thus, they are weak for a period of time. It would seem the Operator just took some time to use the treadmill in the back.

Also, looking at the blizzard scene, one can observe that the Tenno is walking towards a set of stairs. Where those stairs go is unknown.

Also after operations rendering a limb unusable for a long period time.

Had it with my right leg. Life was not fun.

3 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

The parts where it showed the operators face? That a blizzard?

What.

It looked more like the inside of the chair when youre operating frames.

No, the bit with all the snow.

3 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

What.

Rewatch the trailer but continue watching after the black screen

10 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

To add to this, the simple term to define this sort of scenario is muscle atrophy. You generally have to re-expand and contract those muscles and make them go back to normal function again. 

1 hour ago, Misgenesis said:

What.

That bit isn't from the chair, it's from inside the frame's helmet, helmets were changed to neurOPTICS for a reason, you know :)

avgKZ.gif

except it's just a mental projection.

Edited by JesterTheNight

35 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

We got a Doc in the house, You go man

I was also interested in that, though I was not aware Teshin knew my access codes to Ordis. Have to get on that if possible, I would also be annoyed if Ordis got shot out of the sea of space onto Europa - at least it isn't Mercury - maybe that is the reason for all the Cephalon fragments. That said, hope it is interesting.

I'll say here what I said on a Teshin thread. The reason everyone is talking about Teshin, but not the Tenno walking, is because it's hard to know what to make of the Tenno walking. That scene could mean a good number of things, and all of them could be wrong if Steve's promise to mindscrew us with the new quest holds.

In the meantime, the Teshin scene is much easier to read and reach your own conclusions. From that scene alone, you can conclude that Teshin's either a traitor, or hiding some kind of secret from us. Both of these conclusions are pretty good conversation starters, as it turns out.