Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring OLD VOID BACK or make it easier

plmnokz

1 minute ago, Godzelda123 said:

Yes! Let's run the same mission over and over and over again just to get that one part we wanted! Instead of say running the same mission over and over and over again on different tilesets for a HIGHER chance of the that one part we wanted!

Genius really.

FTFY.

If anything, the new Void system actually makes prime part farming way easier than the old one.

It literally takes less time for you newbies to farm for specific item parts.

As for fun, it is subjective. I find myself playing more often with the new Void system.

And I am saying this as a MR22 player, who used to farm ducats everyday. So why don't we just quit whining and learn to adapt ?

Edited by SpryCrow

So the fact that I was able to reliably farm all of Ash Prime's parts in a total of about two hours of trying is grindy and difficult?

I honestly can't find anything wrong with the new system. Maybe it's difficult for people with fewer Relics, but then again you had fewer keys to begin with. My only real issue with the rework is that the Void now feels pointless, and there's no reason to run missions on my favorite tileset.

In 2 days I completed a Volt, Mag, Trinity and Ash set...about 5-6 weapons sets...and a ton of space junk for baro...

The only people I can see being upset are the ones who are used to selling 200+ plat sets...because yeah...pretty much anyone with a couple days can farm out a set of whatever they are looking for and prices are going to fall.

I have farmed over 1k ducats in one day. Impossible and tedious in the old Void.

Absolutely disagree, even if the new System is still buggy and not beneficial towards keysharing, it is definitely less of a hassle than Void 1.0.

19 minutes ago, G_Brah said:

Please bring the old void back it was easier for new players and it was fun, now the game is too grindy. Please change the void PLEASEEE.

It's only easier for newer players because they didn't have to stockpile keys in the old system to get stuff.

The only thing you are grinding for now are the keys... The Void missions, themselves, are much less grindy.

The only changes I would make would be;

1) Leave the mobs that have spawned from the fissure up after you close it, allowing people to actually get the void traces despite people closing the rifts too fast, and

2) Increase the drop chance for the rare parts. 10% from a fully boosted relic is too low. It should be closer to 50% when fully boosted.

How was the old Void easier for new players? Was it the ability to get a key and just go, with no need to unlock any starchart nodes? Was it being able to get veterans to taxi you to missions you don't have a key for, and still get rewards for that?

Those are the main things I see that would really effect new players. Lith relics drop like candy after the first couple of extractors in Earth excavation, so there's a not-very-hard way for a complete newbie to get some keys without a taxi. It also looks like more Lith fissures are spawning closer to or on Earth after a few hotfixes.

Yes, you have to do a normal mission to get the relics. But, you had to do that for keys anyway, and the drops seem a little more common as rewards in endless missions.

Yes, you now need a relic to get a reward from a fissure. In return the missions are shorter, and you get up to four rolls per mission, plus traces so you can even out the odds for that rare piece in future missions. It's rather like playing a miniature excavation. The drop pool for a relic is also a lot smaller than Void drop tables ever were, which translates mainly to being -assured- something of value, rather than doing long and/or undesired void runs and getting mostly junk. Since dragon keys use traces now, you don't have to sacrifice a potential valuable in exchange for a chance to get into the derelict vaults. You can have both.

Does this translate to fewer prime drops overall? Yes. But it also means there won't be such thing as 'prime junk'; stuff with low ducat value that drops so commonly you're lucky to get 2 plat out of it in trade chat. The market is out of balance right now, but it will adjust and prices will stabilize. DE has said Baro's prices and sale values for prime parts will be adjusted accordingly as well.

In the end, if you're patient and just play with the system a bit, the rough edges will get worked out and you won't be out anything. You might even find that you spent less time grinding.