Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics 2.0, DIRECT Wordbreaking by DE

Jukantos

14 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

The worst part is i don't understand why they would do this. Spectres of the Rail NUKED Warframe out of steams top ten. And making things even worse won't help. Not with the new player joining ratio being so small (because of no big scale advertising and still not well optimized new player experience). This looks SO very much like the average Tencent squeezing / "whale"milking tactic, but that's simply not applicable to warframe. The hardcore fans with big enough wallets were already buying prime access, and making people pissed / quit by multiplying grinding won't help their cash influx whatsoever

Man that Chinese company bought WF a long time ago. Seems like it's effect start to show now. I have an mr 22  1600+ hours in in this 3 year. After the update i played it for a week to "test" it out. Since than i play Dying Light becouse its ridiculous how high is the grind now. I can't belive the blind fangirls can't see it. (and the playerbase decresed by 15-20% since the update way to go DE ..way to go)

2 minutes ago, matto said:

Because we all know that DE has been so nice from the start with drop chances that we'll be able to stockpile enough keys to use them forever in the time frame they are available <3

Agreed. Ye.. the naivety. They "nerfed" prime part farming. This guy realy think what he writes down? What the..

Edited by Askell91

6 minutes ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

"lack of players"

HAHAHAHAHHAHA,oh man,good one

it has maintained an unbearable grind since day 1 and its still going hard,doubt this change is actually going to "change" anything

XD "ground hard" you say. Than explain that to me where did the players 15-20% go? (after the update obviously) GL.

6 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

I'm actually quite excited with what I understand the new system to be - new gear means new relics, and those relics will be usable forever. I'll be able to farm the new stuff potentially years after its relics have been vaulted away out of the drop tables.

But, as expected, there's no shortage of reactionaries declaring the sky is falling.

Think about what you just said. Part 1 you're saying you're excited now that you'll have to face a vastly increased grind with the release of every new prime. Also you're happy that old vaulted primes you have will now never gain significant trading value after their removal, so your collection will never gain significant value even after the duplicates of the items you personally already own are vaulted. Less plat to earn for you from selling to collectors, great indeed. At least you get to grind duplicates a long time after the items YOU ALREADY HAVE are already vaulted. Ha.

Part 2: I think i've explained in quite a lot of details why this is exclusively negative for pretty much every playertype involved, and you're just offering broad generic defending with no basis or arguments that couldn't be dismantled with simply math (see above). What other than fanboyish defending am i ment to call your reply then?

3 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

At least there's someone with a level head here.

I think what you will find is that most people that are upset at this (me included) are bothered by the fact that our collections where converted over to older prime drops most of us already had. I have stockpile of relics now, with little intention of ever using them if the drops never change.

A good way to alleviate this is to have a Relic trader, where you can exchange relics or something, so you can convert old into new ones. even if it takes credits it would be a better option then jest throwing the older players under the bus.

(I have 3 sets of mag prime and around 40 keys she drops from. I will never need that many)

28 minutes ago, matto said:

Because we all know that DE has been so nice from the start with drop chances that we'll be able to stockpile enough keys to use them forever in the time frame they are available <3

Indeed. More relics than keys, so less chance of the relic you want. Having to use a relic every mission instead of keysharing, so getting through them really quick.

Forever really isn't going to be that long.

Edited by DeMonkey

Just now, Askell91 said:

XD "ground hard" you say. Than explain that to me where did the players 15-20% go? (after the update obviously) GL.

bye felecia,oh and and those "gone" players? They´ll be back,just like you,when the War Within drops,exactly like the Second Dream,I guarantee it   

Edited by (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL

7 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

You've succeeded in removing Warframe out of steams Top 10, now are you strifing to remove it out of the top 20? top 100? lose 10% of the playerbase? lose 20%? 50%?

Funny.....maybe I need glasses, but according to Steamcharts the player numbers have gone up till the update.....you sure you are talking about Warframe? :P

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1m

40 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Simple answer. Money, most likely. Higher grind, more people willing to purchase PA.

At least now people will stop saying the new system is better when they realise how long it takes to farm the relic you want.

But wont you take away players adding more frustration to the game?

I dont know how is to add cosmetics in this game, but that direction would be good. I am currently playing dota 2, and is full cosmetics. They cant add nothing that affects gameplay, so they go that way, and i think it goes well. I am all for spending for cosmetics.

I paid 40 dollars for a flame set in Path of Exile... but seeing all these stuff they are doing, i am each time more away from this game. Sadly. People is somehow jerk ingame and there are quest that you cant do alone, so yeah, i just log off and play other game.

Edited by Katchwi2

2 minutes ago, Klydoris said:

Funny.....maybe I need glasses, but according to Steamcharts the player numbers have gone up till the update.....you sure you are talking about Warframe? :P

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1m

yeah let's look at those curves if all these nerfs go through into live gameplay. We'll see where those numbers are in 2-3 months. Heck i'd even WANT the game to start failing with all this endless chopping and chopping against player progression, towards market enforcement, just so that MAYBE the impulse reaches DE to stop pulling this crap. And i'm saying that as someone who, this year, FINALLY actually splashed a lot of cash onto the game (110$ for Vauban Prime Accessories and Mag Vault Pack).

3 minutes ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

oh and and those "gone" players? They´ll be back,just like you,when the War Within drops,exactly like the Second Dream,I guarantee it   

Maybe the guy you're quoting will or maybe he wont. I know I wont log back in until they reintroduce a properly rewarding endless system. Endless trumps an hour or so of story everytime.

The idea of introducing new relics that we have to grind for with each new prime certainly doesn't sound like a particularly veteran (or indeed, player)-friendly system, but with the right implementation is could still be viable. 

The rather vague announcements r.e. closing of the prime vault suggest that existing relics containing the vaulted items could still be used, but not farmed. So if you've built up a stock of relics with the Mag Prime parts in the drop-table, then you'd still be able to run them and get the parts for trading long after the vault's closed. However, having to farm for new relics containing the newly-released primes whenever they come around would be horribly tedious. 

This could be mitigated by something like a relic transmutation system i.e. when a new set of relics are released you could either grind for them, or if you've got a huge stock of relics that you've no use for then they can be transmuted into the new prime's relics; something like 3-5 relics of one era to create the new one of the same era. It would give veterans something to do with their huge stockpile of relics and credits while also allowing them the chance to grab the new primes a little earlier than the average player. 

With regards to Baro, I heard it suggested that the rare relics that he sells could be ones that include vaulted items; so after Mag Prime is vaulted Baro might come along in a few months and offer the relics containing Mag's parts again for extra farming opportunities, or for newer players to get access to them (for a price, but one that can be grinded rather than requiring plat). 

This idea is just off the top of my head so feel free to criticize or suggest more effective alternatives, but it does seem like a more player-friendly way to work with the new system. In the meantime I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

11 minutes ago, Arblarg said:

Oh its very obvious why. I think we all know who is holding the reins now.

Reveal hidden contents

xTeyxvf.png

Sumpo does own DE yes, but through Leyou Technology Holding Ltd as the owner of DE; and they usually have a pretty hands-off stance on their developers as shown with SNK Playmore still pretty much doing their thing. This path is consistent as said however with Perfect World's usual path on online games, but as far as we have been told; though they have a 3% stake themselves they are only in control of Star Armor, mainland China's version of Warframe.

4 minutes ago, Katchwi2 said:

But wont you take away players adding more frustration to the game?

Correct, more frustration than encouragement to buy PA. PA sales will obviously improve, but will it improve overall sales? Maybe for a time due to frustration and subsequent purchase from players for plat, but will it be sustained?? I doubt it. 

INB4 WTS>  Nekros set 1800p

38 minutes ago, Arblarg said:

Oh boy loot crates and premium currency lottery here we come. We're well on track for it now. Can't wait to be sent to slaughter on the chicken farm.

Oh good God no...please just no. If DE does this they will completely ruin their reputation that they've work so hard to build up. I would like to see someone at DE explain how making us farm traces in order to farm relics that give us a chance to farm new primes (on top of the RNG) makes the game more fun. I'm going to wait and see how hard it is to farm new prime stuff before breaking out the torches and pitchforks.