Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone who've completely stopped forma'ing their gear?

NativeKiller

I don't get it.

You say it's not fun anymore because you can't level gear. What gear are you leveling? The same gear? This isn't cookie clicker, your obsession to monotonous droning gameplay and 100 forma'd anything isn't impressing anyone. If you're leveling different gear, it's to use it in missions to mix up the gameplay. In that case why aren't you playing different missions? 

I think I've found myself forma'ing gear more actually, mostly due to the 3 pack of forma in the shop now. Once you hit the mid teens with the new system, you usually have enough to dump like serration and a multishot mod on a rifle, maybe even squeeze a 7 drain dmg/focus mod after the first or second forma. That is plenty to do up to t3 Rift groups, which end up being decent for leveling up since you have everyone gathering in one small area and staying in affinity range while killing a lot of enemies. I find it takes 2-4 runs to take gear from 0-30 or close to it, so maybe 30 minutes on average. Not really that bad. I don't really miss draco at all.

Edited by Kerganx

I've forma'd many things since the update. have i enjoyed it as much as before? nooooo

since they didnt raise XP gains from normal missions its an uncomfortable experience if you only have an hour to play but would like to get your build better fitted..

I've been playing a while so heres my list

RIP Xini

RIP Viver

RIP Draco

and soon there will be more to the list... seems like there isnt any candidate worthy of that list though..

No, just did a few more this last week.

No, because the forma famine is over and I'm rolling in the stuff and looking for excuses to do even more.

No, because it's almost trival to level stuff up--and always was--Draco or no Draco. Oh, and I actually use Draco presently in my leveling scheme since it's a moderate level Grineer survival, so it works the same as Mimas/Cassini did before the changes.

No, still doing it because it's easier than ever.

Honestly I've never been a forma user. I only use them if I am certain that I need the benefit it gives and it outweighs the hassle of releveling the weapon and messing the mods. In many ways I am one of those people who tries their damdest to avoid overspecializing. I could get a bit more out of my Excal if I put just one more Forma in him. In aura or any other slot. But if I were to do that, I would sacrifice some other build I might want to use some day. And as such I simply keep lower ranked mods at hand.

I havent had any problems with formaing. Its not the 1 mission = 30 levels the way it was before, but you can pretty much get 30 levels in 2 missions if your doing the right one. And I also find the new draco more fun than the other because its more than just standing in one spot and shooting at things.

The new forma system has made using forma more fun for me. Weapons are instantly viable and takes a few days at max of casual play to max out. I'm sure it would be just as easy to power level, it just takes a bit more thought than making these brain dead choice of going to Draco. I'm glad DE got rid of it, it's much more engaging to find a high affinity farm.

Just now, DxAdder said:

Without Draco ?

Not a chance.. takes way to long.

there is litterally a "new Draco" just so you know. its not an 1 mission = max level weapon but its pretty freaking close. I can max my kavat in a single mission easy.

39 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

there is litterally a "new Draco" just so you know. its not an 1 mission = max level weapon but its pretty freaking close. I can max my kavat in a single mission easy.

Which is why I'm disappointed that de didn't really fix the star chart, but only reskinned it.

The SC 3.0 rework was suppose to solve the problem of overused and empty nodes. What we got didn't really change much at all

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

Which is why I'm disappointed that de didn't really fix the star chart, but only reskinned it.

The SC 3.0 rework was suppose to solve the problem of overused and empty nodes. What we got didn't really change much at all

yeah it did. There will always, ALWAYS be a "draco" but at least with the new star chart there aren't 20 nodes on a planet that no one plays.

11 hours ago, AbhijitSM said:

Well i managed to put 4 forma each on my both kitties & one forma on my Sancti tigris. Also put 2 forma on Amesha & 3 forma on Cyngas arch gun. It is not as efficient as draco i agree but by just normally playing the game you can achieve that. Sorties provide a lot of help in leveling up your gear except frames.

lol, just use bere. I got 6 forma on smeeta in an hour and I can keep formaing weapons 6 times when ever I want. I recently 6 forma'ed the snipatron vandel

4 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

yeah it did. There will always, ALWAYS be a "draco" but at least with the new star chart there aren't 20 nodes on a planet that no one plays.

The original idea was for "draco" to be rotated constantly amongst active nodes. It was suppose to fix 90% of player base playing on one node to power level. It was suppose to be a constant community effort to find best node. What we have now will eventually give rise to another static "Draco"node

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The original idea was for "draco" to be rotated constantly amongst active nodes. It was suppose to fix 90% of player base playing on one node to power level. It was suppose to be a constant community effort to find best node. What we have now will eventually give rise to another static "Draco"node

there are ways to level faster than than the new draco. its just that its the most consistently good way to level.

41 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Bere sucks. Everyone's spread out. Don't lie to yourself when everyone says it's the new Draco 

Didn't say it was draco, I said it was 'good enough'

Escpecially if you get a group that knows what to do (more likely then not, but sometimes you get people that don't know what to do) Capture the first point, and then the far off point, then get the two closest points and camp those.  GG.