Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do Radiant relics

Kyronz

3 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

How do you start a fissure mission without any relic equipped? 

When you're selecting a relic to bring to a fissure mission there is a button in the bottom right that says play without relic.

2 minutes ago, PhrozenPhyr said:

When you're selecting a relic to bring to a fissure mission there is a button in the bottom right that says play without relic.

1 minute ago, Epicagemo said:

Bottom right corner has a button saying to start mission without relic on relic selection screen

Well, didn't notice that at all, thank you gentlemen! 

3 minutes ago, PhrozenPhyr said:

And how are you supposed to start the fissure scealing process without a relic ?

It's not possible is it ?

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

And how are you supposed to start the fissure scealing process without a relic ?

It's not possible is it ?

Only one person in the squad needs to bring a relic to start the process.

14 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Last I checked, trace farming doesn't require you to bring a relic.

I assume he plays solo because god forbid teamplay in a coop game, same people who complain about the rewards in playing solo from the fissures.

Edited by Marine027

Just wait till the next hotfix.

DE changed the method as well as the limit of trace.

You won't need to seal a fissure for traces anymore after the next patch(well, at least DE said they would include it in the next patch, so don't blame me if they decide not to).

8 minutes ago, PhrozenPhyr said:

Only one person in the squad needs to bring a relic to start the process.

Yes but still, you need one relic in the squad to start farming traces.

Just now, NN13 said:

You won't need to seal a fissure for traces anymore after the next patch(well, at least DE said they would include it in the next patch, so don't blame me if they decide not to).

It's the opposite, the traces will be granted only when the fissure is sealed instead of being dropped by eximus units.

8 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I assume he plays solo because god forbid teamplay in a coop game, same people who complain about the rewards in playing solo from the fissures.

Not everyone has the option to play on a team, you know. Some of us don't have good enough connection to do that. 

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

Not everyone has the option to play on a team, you know. Some of us don't have good enough connection to do that. 

Yeah but often this are then the exact same people blaming the developers for conneciton loses or such. And hell Warframe not needs much as far i know, i was able to play it over a WLan Stick once awhile with a very low conneciton and without lags, i sometiems often wonder how people manage to get that low connection sorry, also the game won't go the direction of solo play so i say its the wrong game if you not have the net for it as hard it sounds.

Using relics alone to farm traces just needs then longer for him that way like everything in the game, blaming it now on the game concept isa lame excuse in my eyes, simple as that. Or do you also go into like some MMO-Shooter and complain that not all have bots to fight?

43 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It's the opposite, the traces will be granted only when the fissure is sealed instead of being dropped by eximus units

Ok, I am a little confused here. I will watch the latest livestream again when I get the time to clear things up, but as far as I remember, wasn't Rebecca getting traces even without sealing the fissure?

5 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Ok, I am a little confused here. I will watch the latest livestream again when I get the time to clear things up, but as far as I remember, wasn't Rebecca getting traces even without sealing the fissure?

From the devstream overview 

After the Fissure explodes, you will be awarded Void Traces, so they're no longer dependent on loot abilities

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

It's the opposite, the traces will be granted only when the fissure is sealed instead of being dropped by eximus units

32 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

From the devstream overview

Ok, so I was right, you can get traces without using relics after the next patch is live -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGKYUc5o8Q&t=32m28s

Watch till 33m35s...Sheldon says that we dont need relic to farm traces but we wont get the bonus amount of traces if we do not use the relic.

Edited by NN13
Fixed timestamp on link

1 minute ago, NN13 said:

Ok, so I was right, you can get traces without using relics after the next patch is live -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGKYUc5o8Q&t=32m28s

Watch till 33m35s...Sheldon says that we dont need relic to farm traces but we wont get the bonus amount of traces if we do not use the relic.

That wasn't the point... You still have to seal a fissure to get traces and it will only be granted upon sealing it

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

That wasn't the point... You still have to seal a fissure to get traces and it will only be granted upon sealing it

From memory wasn't Reb collecting traces from enemies that had been corrupted by the tears that were appearing?  I thought once she had collected 10 that was meant to create an explosion that would also grant traces....

Also the fact that such a big deal is being made about this is extremely confusing, just run some random relic you have heaps of, go farm traces, at the end if the group stays together run without equipping a relic, or just invite friends and get one of them to run a relic.  At the end of it all, relics are not hard to get.

As for the point of this thread, you do radiant to increase your chances with RNG, but at the end of the day RNG can screw you all day long if it wants.  You could always just not increase your chances at all and see how that works out for you.

12 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Sheldon - "But you don't have to have a relic to do that. So they can still farm traces without the relic, they just don't get some of the cool extras that happen when you use the relic".

Sheldon said the exact words written above, starting at 33m20s.

So, unless my English is really bad and I am misunderstanding the concept, I do not understand why you keep saying that we need to seal the fissure, which automatically means that we need to use a relic.

@[DE]Rebecca It would be really helpful if you could clarify the concept a bit - Is sealing the fissure using a relic mandatory to obtain void traces or can we go in a fissure mission and farm and keep the tracesby just completing the mission without sealing the fissure?

27 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Well, there you go -

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Traces are given when you get 10/10 Reactant (no relic needed) and rewarded at End of Mission (between a range of 6-30).