Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

6 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

thats..trippy 

It's not the weirdest thing I ever saw, but I am still surprised that It aligns that well.

7 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

What if I told you I knew this the moment umbra came out and everyone called me crazy? The threads probably archived by now.

What if I believe you did?

8 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Yeah it seems legit.

We will seeeee.

1 hour ago, siralextraffo said:

The noble one looks sick indeed, wondering how it'll look on Excalibur considering he has no butterflies around... 

Ha! Everyone will be floating around like ghosts after this.

Finally Chroma can be airborne at all times, imagine that :)

22 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Though I do have a theory on what an umbra frame is...and yes these aren't spoilers because the actual spoilers don't really tell you anything.

what f Umbras were normal standard WARFRAMES that became  sentient WARFRAMES that modified themselves and gave themselves upgrades and changed  heir features. So essentially normal frames that have been upgraded.

Possibility 1.

ORD-in karr-IS ---> "Beast of Bones" last stand Ritual ---> body"less" Cephalon Ordis ---> overrides memory loss Protocols --->Uses Warframe body to be "reborn" as Umbra--->Suggests Ordis may have pulled the sword.

Possibilty 2:

Dreaming process for operators has a negative side effect that needs compartmentalized; Our dark, shadowy subconscious, full of negative emotions, interferes with transference.  (Freud' monstrous ID; Jung's Collective Unconscious if referring to the collective negativity of all Tenno).

This energy finds it's way into Frames and created Umbra.

Lore/Storyline is Operator's fight as a "War Within" to master and control the darkest shadows within that result from being void-super-powered children subjected to endless slaughter and war in an endless, enslaved dream state.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Possibility 1.

ORD-in karr-IS ---> "Beast of Bones" last stand Ritual ---> body"less" Cephalon Ordis ---> overrides memory loss Protocols --->Uses Warframe body to be "reborn" as Umbra--->Suggests Ordis may have pulled the sword.

Possibilty 2:

Dreaming process for operators has a negative side effect that needs compartmentalized; Our dark, shadowy subconscious, full of negative emotions, interferes with transference.  (Freud' monstrous ID; Jung's Collective Unconscious if referring to the collective negativity of all Tenno).

This energy finds it's way into Frames and created Umbra.

Lore/Storyline is Operator's fight as a "War Within" to master and control the darkest shadows within that result from being void-super-powered children subjected to endless slaughter and war in an endless, enslaved dream state.

Yup. Unless we get to "umbrafy" a warframe we own, I'd say the Orokin made them, or they came into being.

13 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Looks like a mod changed the title and removed the Megathread tag. Not sure if the latter was a mistake or intended, but I guess the best way to know is sending him a PM asking for it

If a mod thinks 200+ pages doesn't count as a mega thread he shouldn't be a mod.

2 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

If a mod thinks 200+ pages doesn't count as a mega thread he shouldn't be a mod.

From the forums guidelines

Misleading Thread Title 
(Creating a thread with an inflammatory, misleading, or otherwise inappropriate title. "Megathread" and "PSA" tags are also not permitted, as they are reserved for DE staff and Community Moderators only.)

The rules clearly state that only a mod or member of DE can use the Megathread tags. Removing it does not mean they don't think that it counts as a megathread, just that the OP does not belong to either of those groups. They are just doing their job, so they shouldn't lose their job or anything like that.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

From the forums guidelines

Misleading Thread Title 
(Creating a thread with an inflammatory, misleading, or otherwise inappropriate title. "Megathread" and "PSA" tags are also not permitted, as they are reserved for DE staff and Community Moderators only.)

The rules clearly state that only a mod or member of DE can use the Megathread tags. Removing it does not mean they don't think that it counts as a megathread, just that the OP does not belong to either of those groups. They are just doing their job, so they shouldn't lose their job or anything like that.

But the mod added the mega thread tag....

And even they didn't, Its had the mega thread tag on it for months and only now they've removed it?

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

Hmm. If Megathread is reserved for DE only, or a Mod adding that, then I think we need a new tag to add to very big and lengthy threads that other threads get merged into.

If Mega is DE, then may the rest of us have Huge or sommet?