The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, ArionLightning said:

If you play second dream you will see that's not possible.

frames were built for tenno, but there's no evidence that frames could be controlled ONLY by tenno

Edited by jscar

16 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

You know, while this sounds reasonable, do you think Operators and Hunhow should have been teased before U18? This assuming Umbra is somehow linked to the new quest, which is all to be proven.

Siralextraffo makes a good point. In fact, the post in here:

says:

We’re excited for Tenno to face up against the Grineer Queens, learning more of their mysterious past… but be warned: as in the Second Dream, we intend to grow and alter the game mechanics in surprising ways with War Within. We want to surprise and delight you

emphasis is mine, obviously. New mechanics? From the beginning of this thread regarding excalibur umbra:

Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 

Also, comparing the name of the update: War Within and this quote:

Umbra Warframes

• A darker side to the  Prime Warframes
• Lore connections : (Warped version of Warframes)

Yes. While it isn't obviously confirmed, we may very well be getting Umbra warframe(s) with the next few bigger updates.

Warped versions of Warframes, combined with the infestation on our ship, and the fact that infestation literally warps and mutates beings, and the teasers about the infestation spreading... Yeah, obviously not confirmed, but the links are pretty easy to draw from these.

19 minutes ago, jscar said:

there's no evidence that frames could be controlled ONLY by tenno

So far, all the working systems to link to and control a warframe that have been shown are explicitly tied to working with Operators in a mental connection.

Also warframes are meant to be used to channel the operator's void powers meaning that even IF an AI gets control of a frame, they don't have the specific energy to use with it. Overall, Frames are made to work with the void powers of the Zeriman survivors so others shouldn't be able to "fuel" them properly.

PS: lets say Ordis gets a frame. He won't have the ability to use powers with it. And a connection jam will block his link to the frame as it's not as strong as a subconcious link with an Operator.

Edited by Major_Phantom

Might I cite the time Alad V controlled a Warframe? I feel that with enough plot conveniences, a Cephalon could probably figure out how to pilot one. OPs propositions of this possibly happening right now have been disproven already, but it's still a thought.

4 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

So far, all the working systems to link to and control a warframe that have been shown are explicitly tied to working with Operators in a mental connection.

Also warframes are meant to be used to channel the operator's void powers meaning that even IF an AI gets control of a frame, they don't have the specific energy to use with it. Overall, Frames are made to work with the void powers of the Zeriman survivors so others shouldn't be able to "fuel" them properly.

PS: lets say Ordis gets a frame. He won't have the ability to use powers with it. And a connection jam will block his link to the frame as it's not as strong as a subconcious link with an Operator.

I don't think that's entirely true.... You see when fighting Mutalist Alad V, his collar WILL take direct control over a frame when attached. This clearly implies that the frames can be controlled by alternative sources other then Operators. True, it requires the collar to be physically attached to the frame and Alad is in close proximity. But for example with the Infested Mesa, if he is in direct control then he could be anywhere, implying that this type of connection can have a lot of range. And when Alad is controlling our frames, correct me if I'm wrong (haven't done that assassination in ages) but the frames do use powers, thus proving that non-operators can control the frame and use their void powers. 

This is all conjecture, but based on Mutalist Alad V's fight AND the fact that Vor can to some extent control parts of our frame with the Ascaris worm thing, proves that frames can be controlled by anyone with the right "radio equipment and frequency list". 

11 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Quest Chroma? Infested Mesa? Mutalist Alad's Collar?

Edited by jscar

[DEV #67]

Excalibur Umbra & the Umbra warframes

• A new system is being worked on for the Umbra warframes 
  • Excalibur Umbra will possibly have his own quest/cinematic
  • DE wants to make Excal Umbra release something special, and do not want to just release him, and disappoint the fans.

nah

Edited by yual

9 hours ago, Nashucus said:

I am confident that umbra will not be in 19. I don't see any kind of indication. I would have expected some kind of teaser for such a new mechanic. Also, if there has not been anything to hype umbra in 19 then all of my excitement regarding it has gone out the window. Thus confirming what we all dreaded, excel re-skin.....

There was also no teasers for Focus, and they stated that they want Umbras reveal to have the same "Wow!" effect that Tenno reveal had

this might be spoiler

Hey Guys i have analyze about the differents Normal Excal, Excal prime, and Umbra Excal

this is the stat of the excal :

Excalibur
Health 100 - 300
Shield 100 - 300
Armor 225.0
Power 100 - 150
Sprint 1.0
Excalibur prime
100 - 300
100 - 300
100 - 150
Umbra Excalibur (prime)
100 - 300
100 - 300
100 - 150

from what i see from a vids on china server that Umbra excalibur already equip a syandana but u can use 2 syandana example Targis prime syandana & The umbra syandana

that means the syandana that the umbra from the trailer is a cannot remove-able? but from the launcher i saw it got remove i hope this help

im thinking that the  Umbra excal have the same POLARITY with Excal prime

Im not smart at editing text siriusly

Edited by HELIOS_JINOUGA009

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

*cough* <.< 

nothing tenno ^. ^; 

like to place plat on that tenno? 

So you still think that refers to Umbra? There was no direct mention and there were a lot of possible interpretations, without forgetting that the infested arm will be part of U19 for sure, with a new system and so on. 

Edited by siralextraffo

22 minutes ago, HELIOS_JINOUGA009 said:

this might be spoiler

Hey Guys i have analyze about the differents Normal Excal, Excal prime, and Umbra Excal

this is the stat of the excal :

Excalibur
Health 100 - 300
Shield 100 - 300
Armor 225.0
Power 100 - 150
Sprint 1.0
Excalibur prime
100 - 300
100 - 300
100 - 150
Umbra Excalibur (prime)
100 - 300
100 - 300
100 - 150

from what i see from a vids on china server that Umbra excalibur already equip a syandana but u can use 2 syandana example Targis prime syandana & The umbra syandana

that means the syandana that the umbra from the trailer is a cannot remove-able? but from the launcher i saw it got remove i hope this help

im thinking that the  Umbra excal have the same POLARITY with Excal prime

Im not smart at editing text siriusly

can you get a screen cap of this 

but from the launcher i saw it got remove

1 hour ago, markus230 said:

There was also no teasers for Focus, and they stated that they want Umbras reveal to have the same "Wow!" effect that Tenno reveal had

^ well put

6 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Seems likely, I'd definitely bet on the arm gun!

yep that is supposed to take all weapons slots if not mistaken? 

7 hours ago, yual said:

[DEV #67]

Excalibur Umbra & the Umbra warframes

• A new system is being worked on for the Umbra warframes 
  • Excalibur Umbra will possibly have his own quest/cinematic
  • DE wants to make Excal Umbra release something special, and do not want to just release him, and disappoint the fans.

nah

system is implementation and how we get it/them

• De has stated that Excalibur Umbra will be apart of something big that will be coming our way,  they may be referring to the next cinematic quest 
10 hours ago, Nashucus said:

I am confident that umbra will not be in 19. I don't see any kind of indication. I would have expected some kind of teaser for such a new mechanic. Also, if there has not been anything to hype umbra in 19 then all of my excitement regarding it has gone out the window. Thus confirming what we all dreaded, excel re-skin.....

umbra excal is not a reskin

Per [DE]Danielle:

Hey Tenno, 

Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58#61#64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 

We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept. 

Thank you ^.^

also

Umbra will be coming.... [SOON]... 

• Rebecca made a comparison to the second dream, about how if DE had revealed info it would have spoiled it. which was true,  it was a BIG surprise that finally answered some questions we all had.

umbras are to be equivalent if not more so, then second dreams big surprise

and possibly answer the question..what are warframes ...

6 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

So you still think that refers to Umbra? There was no direct mention and there were a lot of possible interpretation, without forgetting that the infested arm will be part of U19 for sure, with a new system and so on. 

I still think the arms coming as it has new mechanics 

but I do feel imo that u19 is umbra (part 3 specifically the war within) 

the concepts of a war within, war between tenno ?

Dev 67

• De has stated that Excalibur Umbra will be apart of something big that will be coming our way,  they may be referring to the next cinematic quest 

[DEV #72 recap]: 

• Umbra is [soon] to come , and will be apart of some game changer similar to the second dream: [Steve: " its nice to have little surprises"] 

The War Within unravels across a broad timeline. Each successive week shall reveal new elements of this major Update. Don't miss a single moment – our Hub provides all the Update information.

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

I still think the arms coming as it has new mechanics 

Dev 67

[DEV #72 recap]: 

• Umbra is [soon] to come , and will be apart of some game changer similar to the second dream: [Steve: " its nice to have little surprises"] 

Yea but I mean, isn't most likely the arm getting introduced with its new mechanics in U19 rather than Umbra? Or is there something I missed between what I read her and there? 

You sound sure Umbra will be in U19 so perhaps I indeed missed something after that list of quest lines... 

2 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Yea but I mean, isn't most likely the arm getting introduced with its new mechanics in U19 rather than Umbra? Or is there something I missed between what I read her and there? 

You sound sure Umbra will be in U19 so perhaps I indeed missed something after that list of quest lines... 

in all honesty its just  my opinon as we are closing in on a 1 year /12 months from release in china

and de has made multiple mentions of it coming soon and per dev streams. stating it will be apart of something big, i just rationalize that the next big thing besides lunaro would be the quest for war within

and per the poll taken (straw poll) most voted it dropping in u19 as well

5 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Just another general reminder that datamined content and spoilers on unreleased content isn't allowed. With U19 drawing closer it was worth mentioning. 

Remember: no one likes spoilers. Especially like how Snape kills Dumbledore.

agreed 

also thanks for that spoiler i haven't watched it yet TT -TT