The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.2

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, skidnik said:

Cannot remember any examples of what you saying. And, BTW, Nekros never was that powerful. There are frames that have been reworked, yet still don't need anyone, like Endless War Valkyr(well, you must turn off Hysteria sometimes now, but, lets face the facts, it was OP), normal (not EV) build Trinity, don't remember more, but there are for sure.

Frost, Mag, Volt, Trinity, Vauban... the list goes on. Yes there are frames that still don't need anyone but like I said its the future of all warframes.

I don't know how long you've been in the game, but i've been playing for three years and the "reworks" aren't just "reworks". I remember how it used to be.
I understand what OP is but I can see where Warframes used to be as opposed to where they are now... and where it's headed.

Warframes are getting weaker and mobs are getting stronger. We can barely if at all use our skills on bosses now... like what's the point of having a warframe if you're constantly being nullified?

59 minutes ago, War-Zone said:

Frost, Mag, Volt, Trinity, Vauban... the list goes on. Yes there are frames that still don't need anyone but like I said its the future of all warframes.

I don't know how long you've been in the game, but i've been playing for three years and the "reworks" aren't just "reworks". I remember how it used to be.
I understand what OP is but I can see where Warframes used to be as opposed to where they are now... and where it's headed.

Warframes are getting weaker and mobs are getting stronger. We can barely if at all use our skills on bosses now... like what's the point of having a warframe if you're constantly being nullified?

Is this an issue of Dev skill creep?

Many of the devs have been playing for years now, and probably find all of the game too easy, thus nerfs, as everything is too easy to the people doing this for a living.

In any case, balance is heading out the window it seems to me.

Especially in the late game it's all becoming "find the overpowered weapon/skill/frame combo to counter the broken enemy scaling"

Then the most popular one gets nerfed, and we are left with.. fewer options.

I have only been here for about 6 months, but I'm getting bored of nerfs, and especially of 90% of the weapons in the game being just useless.

Maybe some things are overpowered and need nerfing(like tonkor, simulor, enemy armor, and nullifiers), but it looks to me like a bigger problem is a MOUNTAIN of things that need buffing, I'm getting quite bored of "mastery fodder" gear that I know I'll never use again, regadless of mechanics, because it's just too weak.

Edited by enizer

4 minutes ago, enizer said:

Many of the devs have been playing for years now, and probably find all of the game too easy, thus nerfs, as everything is too easy to the people doing this for a living.

Especially in the late game it's all becoming "find the overpowered weapon/skill/frame combo to counter the broken enemy balance"

I have only been here for about 6 months, but I'm getting bored of nerfs, and especially of 90% of the weapons in the game being just useless.

Maybe some things are overpowered and need nerfing(like tonkor, simulor, enemy armor, and nullifiers), but it looks to me like a bigger problem is a MOUNTAIN of things that need buffing, I'm getting quite bored of "mastery fodder" gear that I know I'll never use again, regadless of mechanics, because it's just too weak.

Yes, Dev creep is a possibility, But I believe it's also a matter of a company trying to make a lot of money with the "free-to-play" model and how much of the game they are willing to give up to players that can get through their content quickly with powerful Warframes.

The longer it takes to do a thing, the more likely a person is to spend money to get it. Most of us gamers suffer from instant gratification syndrome... that's why companies choose to use the "free-to-play" model. Our idea of balance is VERY different than their idea of balance.

You've only been playing for 6 months and have a very good grasp on what this game is based on. I agree with you.

5 minutes ago, War-Zone said:

Yes, Dev creep is a possibility, But I believe it's also a matter of a company trying to make a lot of money with the "free-to-play" model and how much of the game they are willing to give up to players that can get through their content quickly with powerful Warframes.

The longer it takes to do a thing, the more likely a person is to spend money to get it. Most of us gamers suffer from instant gratification syndrome... that's why companies choose to use the "free-to-play" model. Our idea of balance is VERY different than their idea of balance.

You've only been playing for 6 months and have a very good grasp on what this game is based on. I agree with you.

Thanks.

My main grief with this game is weapons like the mutalist quanta, it's got so much potential, it's a very unique mechanic.. and, it's got just a small fraction of the DPS potential it needs to be actually functional.

And the majority of the weapons are like this.. it's fun that it's not all perfectly balanced, and there is better gear to be found, but, I don't see a reason why any of it needs to be completely useless.

2 hours ago, Vuli said:

HAHAHAHAHHAA, whew, *wipes eyes*... *looks at mag*

Mag actually doesn't need much. People just cry because she can't nuke the map of all corpus enemies any more. I've used her since the rework, I see little to nothing wrong with her.

Same goes for nekros now, could just use two or three QOL tweaks and a couple percentage buffs.

12 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Mag actually doesn't need much. People just cry because she can't nuke the map of all corpus enemies any more. I've used her since the rework, I see little to nothing wrong with her.

Same goes for nekros now, could just use two or three QOL tweaks and a couple percentage buffs.

Remove the damage from mag's 3 completely

Be able to build (with power strenghth) A Debuff that would be able to completely remove 100% armor and shields

It doesn't nuke the map, it only debuffs. BAM now her 3 isn't the same powerwise as slight of hand

@DEMegan Now correct me if I'm wrong but shadows of the dead is no longer a duration based power and is dependent upon their own health and shield correct? If that is so then their is a bug because I just played a void defense and even after the wave was done my shadows kept dying off even though nothing was done to them. If someone can look into this thank you.

29 minutes ago, enizer said:

Thanks.

My main grief with this game is weapons like the mutalist quanta, it's got so much potential, it's a very unique mechanic.. and, it's got just a small fraction of the DPS potential it needs to be actually functional.

And the majority of the weapons are like this.. it's fun that it's not all perfectly balanced, and there is better gear to be found, but, I don't see a reason why any of it needs to be completely useless.

This is also one of the issues I have with the game. There doesn't seem to be a purpose (I believe) because it's an unfinished system... like a lot of systems in the game.

There's no actual meaning to mastery rank at the moment because the reward system was never put in place. MR mostly consists of weapon lockouts and 24hr waits when you fail your test.

If we had an actual purpose for grinding mastery, maybe it wouldn't be so painful to level the useless weapons.

I know what you mean though, my favorite weapon is the sancti tigris, I took a break from the game for a few months and when I got back they turned it in to a melee weapon. All of the real damage is at point blank range now... and the trigger gets stuck all the time now =/

Edited by War-Zone

1 hour ago, enizer said:

Especially in the late game it's all becoming "find the overpowered weapon/skill/frame combo to counter the broken enemy scaling"

They do need to shift their focus on weaponry, for sure. Nerf nerf nerf. I can understand the launchers really needed looking at, but now many are in need of a buff, badly. Lets see, Ogris, glaives, snipers (still need a fair bit of tweaking really), DSS, Stradavar, tonfas to an extent, dual daggers, hammers, the list goes on... and on... Reworking frames is good and all, but instead of flat tweaks, make some of them buffs. Nekros needed a buff, not a nerf disguised as a "performance tweak needed for all platforms" when in reality even a single slot toaster could handle 40 shadows easy, merely by toning down particle effects. If your pc can't handle even that, then you really need a newer toaster at least, because at that rate you're lucky to be able to load the damn internet browser lol. Mag was in need of a tweak, her utility is greater than ever imo, rather than a one power nuke frame limited to one faction.

15 minutes ago, M0deRa1n said:

Unspoken part of the changelog:

- Power Strength will no longer change the number of enemies affected by Nekros' Shadows of the Dead

Thanks for nerfing the only powerful ability of a nearly useless warframe

False, numerous times it was stated that SotD would be capped at 7. It is a nerf, but don't go getting all entitled claiming they did not warn us.