The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1 - Nekros Changes

[DE]Danielle

I agree that the summons should not die should they enter a bubble. That's a little too crippling considering you have no control over what they do, and how you -must- kill things to get more summons. At the very least it should say...make the shadow immune to being teleported back or receiving heals from recasts of sotd.

Perhaps as a quasi fix, the summons should prioritize shooting at bubbles as a target. (or just get special AI concerning nullifiers to ignore them/stay away)

Edited by Zagrax

Overall it´s a great rework. I mainly started with Warframe to play the Nekro Frame. After years i have an active char now, that is really fun to play - BUT: You need to have excellent (primed) mods and arcanes to have him smooth running. 4-5 Forma is also a must.

Well and at least the decay is just annoying - seriously unneeded - please remove it as promised.

22 minutes ago, Zagrax said:

I agree that the summons should not die should they enter a bubble. That's a little too crippling considering you have no control over what they do, and how you -must- kill things to get more summons. At the very least it should say...make the shadow immune to being teleported back or receiving heals from recasts of sotd.

Perhaps as a quasi fix, the summons should prioritize shooting at bubbles as a target. (or just get special AI concerning nullifiers to ignore them/stay away)

Or maybe DE needs to trash Nullifiers period. All they are is a stopgap that's outlived any degree of utility it may've had. Anyone with a degree of tactical sense targets those shiny asses the moment they appear. Should know... I do it all the time.

Eximus units can more than cover the role Nullifiers occupy, and with greater tactical ability, to boot.

And by "role" I mean "Elite unit that offers a challenge when it appears"... Not "rotten troll with no reason to exist."

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

15 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Otherwise you can just "stun" the summonings that enter the bubble

I think this would be a good idea until they change the Nullifiers in some way. Especially for Atlas since his pets are melee focused.

Just now, Klarbauter said:

Imagine how boring it would be without nullies or if they would work differently. No challenge at all.

I can only imagine how fun it would be without nullies considering i will be able to use my abilities and snipers. Also, there is still no challenge at all so removing nullies would reduce challenge from 0 to....0.

3 minutes ago, Klarbauter said:

Imagine how boring it would be without nullies or if they would work differently. No challenge at all.

As if nullifiers were a challenge in the first place.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind all abilities being nerfed to the ground if that meant I could use them whenever I wanted without them being turned off by an annoying unit. 

4 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind all abilities being nerfed to the ground if that meant I could use them whenever I wanted without them being turned off by an annoying unit.

And this is how warframe should be...

Abilities should be a tiny plus added to your arsenal, and not an arsenal in itself.

Just now, Trichouette said:

Abilities should be a tiny plus added to your arsenal, and not an arsenal in itself.

A tiny plus? I don't play a necromancer so i can occasionally punch someone's soul out every few minutes. I play him to feel like a necromancer who can keep his shadows alive, loot, terrify and punc souls out. If abilities are just a "tiny plus", i might just as well play inaros only.

9 minutes ago, Genitive said:

As if nullifiers were a challenge in the first place.

As you can see, and in alot of other posts, people have trouble with them.

Edited by Klarbauter

7 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

A tiny plus? I don't play a necromancer so i can occasionally punch someone's soul out every few minutes. I play him to feel like a necromancer who can keep his shadows alive, loot, terrify and punc souls out. If abilities are just a "tiny plus", i might just as well play inaros only.

Summoning units and punching enemies' soul don't make the whole game, they're added abilities on top of your weapons, they don't wipe out the map or render enemies useless.

Look at other abilities like nova's molecular prime or ash's blade storm, they render the game pointless.

See what I mean ?

Abilities should be in the game but not this powerful (yet they should scale better...)

Edited by Trichouette

Just now, Trichouette said:

Summoning units and punching enemies' soul don't make the whole game, they're added abilities on top of your weapons.

They are already added on top of my weapons. I use my weapons more than enough. MPrime might just have to get a shortened duration if anything and blade storm is already in the planning for a rework.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

See what I mean ?

Sorry man. Just because there are a few press 4 to win abilities out there, doesn't mean we have to completely turn warframe upside down. It's better to balance out the outliers like bladestorm or pre-ner..i mean rework miasma. Then again i want blade storm to still be powerful...just not press 4 and watch your god mode frame eliminate everything. I hope they can pull out like what we have as peacemaker now.

8 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

They're not difficult. They're tedious.

Thats your opinion ;)

For me it would be tedious without or with a change of them.

We got a little bit of topic here, i agree it would be nice if Nekros Shadows would prioritise nullies.

Edited by Klarbauter

3 minutes ago, Klarbauter said:

Thats your opinion ;)

For me it would be tedious without or with a change of them.

I don't think official language terminology definitions have opinions, but sure mate.

Edited by Navarchus

46 minutes ago, Klarbauter said:

They dont run into the nullifiers, they shoot it. So should you ;)

Sure, melee unit can shoot. Why not.

BEST AI Shadows in the world shoot the bubble. Riiiight.

Imagine how fun it would be without nullies.

You would actually be able to use snipers and bows! Or any other slow fire rate weapon!

With some shotguns i can't even reload fast enough to shoot down the bubble - without mods.

We have great "new" Scrambus units! That appear once a year. Nullifiers spawn like candy.

And most people find them annoying. Yet DE keeps them in game.  Why? Why would you keep something that your audience doesn't like?

Edited by Kialandi
typo

4 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

<snip> And most people find them annoying. Yet DE keeps them in game.  Why? Why would you keep something that your audience doesn't like?

They don't just keep them in the game...they buff them.  Despite countless threads explaining how fun-killing they are.

I don't like nullifiers but when I think about it, corpus have nothing strong you could say so eliminating nullifiers would be a big nerf in corpus faction. 

Bursas spawn every now and then. The big red dudes are pretty much the only "strong" unit they have. Ospreas are pretty easy to kill as well as every other drone. 

Corpus fight with gadgets, stoping our spam of abilities.

I would say rework nullifiers but not take them out of the game.

Maybe mute abilities once inside of the bubble and when you get out the ability continues?

Edited by Cryostasisprotoss

19 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Sure, melee unit can shoot. Why not.

BEST AI Shadows in the world shoot the bubble. Riiiight.

Imagine how fun it would be without nullies.

You would actually be able to use snipers and bows! Or any other slow fire rate weapon!

With some shotguns i can't even reload fast enough to shoot down the bubble - without mods.

We have great "new" Scrambus units! That appear once a year. Nullifiers spawn like candy.

Sounds like you want every weapon and every frame to be the best against any enemy.

Yeah corpus have so many melee units,right, i forgot, and it is not like the ability now priorities the best enemys you killed.

Thats why you have secondary weapons you could use to kill nullies and switch back to your main weapon, lazy people nowadays.

Edited by Klarbauter