Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Amazon Skin and Helmet

56 minutes ago, Cinnamon.Vector said:

By upper arms, do you mean her shoulder pads?

Nuuu, shoulder pads look good.

Right heeyah! (my masterful MS Paint skills are obviously top-tier)

http://imgur.com/uqTVRiv 

Like I said, could be the angle of the shot, the material used to render, the light, or simply time to get my eyes checked again, but to me it doesn't seem quite "natural" if that makes sense (probably doesn't). Like it's less arm-shaped and more robot-arm-shaped (even though it is kinda-sorta a robot).

I'll wait for your next screens, though, because I'm not really sure if what I'm seeing is entirely accurate to what's there. It's the design, I know, but it caught my attention. Whether or not I'm just an idiot is another matter entirely. 

13 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Nuuu, shoulder pads look good.

Right heeyah! (my masterful MS Paint skills are obviously top-tier)

http://imgur.com/uqTVRiv 

Like I said, could be the angle of the shot, the material used to render, the light, or simply time to get my eyes checked again, but to me it doesn't seem quite "natural" if that makes sense (probably doesn't). Like it's less arm-shaped and more robot-arm-shaped (even though it is kinda-sorta a robot).

I'll wait for your next screens, though, because I'm not really sure if what I'm seeing is entirely accurate to what's there. It's the design, I know, but it caught my attention. Whether or not I'm just an idiot is another matter entirely. 

That's how she looks in the first place :)

Check here :

profile-full-valkyr.jpg

Tennogen artists can't alter the base model, except for the helmet. So the shape is as it is on the original frame.

The lightning and the coloring on Cinnamon.Vector's skin just make it look sharper so it accentuates this weird muscle.

Edited by matto

9 hours ago, matto said:

Tennogen artists can't alter the base model, except for the helmet. So the shape is as it is on the original frame.

The lightning and the coloring on Cinnamon.Vector's skin just make it look sharper so it accentuates this weird muscle.

Ah, then it was indeed just me. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for your comments, really appreciate them!

I've worked on the helmet some more, switched out some of the colours to support other colour schemes better and reduced the overall scale of it as well as making it shorter front to back.

I'm glad people have picked up on the theming I went for. I wanted to riff on the "kitty frame" thing Valkyr has and do something based loosely on big cats. Sabre tooth, tiger stripes, spikes and fangs.

Here's the final look! DE approved the skin without the Corpus restraints so it'll retain this sleek look. Tonight I'll render out a video and maybe more colour schemes and then upload to Steam :)

MHuq7Mo.png

t9S0S4M.png

E16EhHq.png

OpFzWxZ.png

Definitely something defintely worthwhile for Valkyr, I would buy it ASAP.

However it does remove aspects of the default model like the bonds at the arms and such so I want to know if you have confirmation from DE if that is alright, otherwise I doubt it'll be even considered, let alone accepted.

1 hour ago, RahuHordika said:

Definitely something defintely worthwhile for Valkyr, I would buy it ASAP.

However it does remove aspects of the default model like the bonds at the arms and such so I want to know if you have confirmation from DE if that is alright, otherwise I doubt it'll be even considered, let alone accepted.

I'm glad you like it! Yes, I did ask DE Kary directly if it was ok to remove it and they said it was fine to leave out. :)