The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Endo be our next Rare resource ?

DxAdder

It would be cool if instead of random fusion core drops from enemies every now and then, all enemies drop a tiny amount of endo that adds up to a fusion core after a while. Kind of like their life energy that we steal with each kill and channel it into our mods.  

the way it's presented: it'll drop like candy and it'll make fusion better for everyone.

the way it will likely be: more waiting for timed alerts just to progress further in the game, and another resource to farm.

don't get me wrong, Rebecca puts it forward in a really positive way, but I'm not buying into it until I see some concrete proof that this is not just another Grindwall. until then I choose to remain sceptical, rather than get my hopes up and become disappointed when I find out it's worse than the old fusion system.

Last time something was made easier for us, it ended up being more difficult for me. ( Void fissures). This time, they try to make fusion easier. Will it actually be easier and more simple? I highly doubt it honestly, but I'll wait and see for myself.

I mean, Endo just sounds like it's turning the Fusion process into clear numbers.

From what I can tell, it's just gonna be like "Instead of a Common 3 Fusion core dropping, you get 3 Endo", "Instead of a Rare 5 Fusion core Dropping, you get 15 Endo"

And every mod rank requires some amount of Endo to rank up.

Depending on how DE decides to do this, this could literally just be a way to make the process more clear, without making fusion-resources easier or harder to obtain. 'course. Problem is, DE's a bunch of sneaky devs with basically every rework they do. They feel the need to add a negative Catch to everything. Even if it's something that didn't need a downside, like the Shadows of the Dead Rework.

Edited by Zandermanith222

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

don't get me wrong, Rebecca puts it forward in a really positive way, but I'm not buying into it until I see some concrete proof that this is not just another Grindwall. until then I choose to remain sceptical, rather than get my hopes up and become disappointed when I find out it's worse than the old fusion system.

Sadly, that's how I see every new thing that DE makes a thread about/talks in devstreams 

with DE, there's always a catch, I try not to get my hopes up before I see it with my own eyes 

the good side i think is cores or endo won't be like mods anymore, hopefully it'll clear some space in drop tables and we won't run to a rare mod just to see that it's a core.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed Profanity

22 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Yes it is our new rare resource and yes it is replacing cores, but for me this doesn´t look like a simplification. Will have to see.

It's because you're used to the current system.

For example, I found out that the most economical way to max out a 3 rank rare mod is to use 2 rare cores, 1 uncommon, and 1 common. But a new player doesn't, and from what I've seen, they always burn up their mod collections in fusion, which they will later regret because they learn that those mods could've been used more wisely (matching polarity, rarity, etc). In the new system, the requirements will be clear. No more checking the wiki if you want to know how many fusion energy this or that needs, you'll see everything you want to know in-game. I don't see how it isn't a simplification?

Edited by TheScytale

1 minute ago, Zandermanith222 said:

I mean, Endo just sounds like it's turning the Fusion process into clear numbers.

But I from what I can tell, it's just gonna be like "Instead of a Common 3 Fusion core dropping, you get 3 Endo", "Instead of a Rare 5 Fusion core Dropping, you get 15 Endo"

And every mod rank requires some amount of Endo to rank up.

Depending on how DE decides to do this, this could literally just be a way to make the process more clear, without making fusion-resources easier or harder to obtain.

That's the way I took it too.
Need a Serration leveled? "Hmmm, it takes 8000 Endo to max it, and I have 5990... but need those for leveling Primed primemod. I need more, better go do some missions."

Frankly, I'm looking forward to this a lot more than I do going to the wiki to find out how many R5 Fusion Cores it takes to level an Uncommon or Rare mod. A good solid number that we can see is very welcomed.

I wonder if Ivahydrochromokros or boosters increase the drop rates.

21 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

For example, I found out that the most economical way to max out a 3 rank rare mod is to use 2 rare cores, 1 uncommon, and 1 common. But a new player doesn't, and from what I've seen, they always burn up their mod collections in fusion, which they will later regret because they learn that those mods could've been used more wisely (matching polarity, rarity, etc). In the new system, the requirements will be clear. No more checking the wiki if you want to know how many fusion energy this or that needs, you'll see everything you want to know in-game. I don't see how it isn't a simplification?

It is a simplification but it looks like we will lose any bonuses by combining duplicate mods or matching polarities.  For example, a Vitality mod will probably convert into the same amount of Endo as Fast Hands.  If you are a beginner looking to looking to rank up a Vitality, you no longer gain any efficiency by combining duplicate Vitality mods.  It's all the same amount of Endo.  The same for using trash mods of matching polarities to rank up the mod you want.  We will lose the bonuses since everything will convert into a set amount of Endo..

36 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

That´s how it should work on paper but I know DE and that´s what worries me.

11 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

The question is after the conversion will it take the SAME amount of Endo as it does cores to max  mods?

i.e 528 Endo wont be enough to max a Prime Mod, it will cost more. 

I doubt that DE will convert every core with the same amount of Endo, so a r5 core should give more then a c1 core. But nevertheless I believe that lots of mods will cost more after this update.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'm not buying into it until I see some concrete proof that this is not just another Grindwall. until then I choose to remain sceptical, rather than get my hopes up and become disappointed when I find out it's worse than the old fusion system.

Same, I also see this as another reason to basically run carrier sentinel all the time because I can see it being a pain to collect, either that or just another coloured globe like the gold void reactants that we need to physically touch to collect which would be seriously annoying

1 hour ago, DxAdder said:

I would like to think that it will be status quo but looking this over and will no further information we may be looking at our next rare resource to grind for.

humm common mods and common fusion cores are common as sin, the lowest quantity of endo is going to rain from the damn sky. that said it will take a ton of the things to level mods

edit: it will take a ton of endo to level because it would take 8184 c0  core to max a  Primed mod , 6138 to max  heavy caliber, 4092 for serration, 2046 for vitality

Edited by Geuax