The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does everyone else feel about the fact Guides of the Lotus now have an "exclusive" armor set?

Eldnacpeek

Next, they need to have uniquely colored names in the Relay, make them Purple-ish.

With so many Fashion enthusiasts in the Relay, I believe a Unique name color would work better to contrast with the White names floating above than an armor.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's DE's way of thanking them for their hard work and dedication to the community. Guides as well as DE can't help the fact that there will be people who are jealous and feel it is unfair. But that's their own fault for being so childish. It's the least DE can do to say "hey you're doing a good job, we know it can get kinda rough out there". I mean it's not a spell that makes players stop harassing and bullying Guides, since that happens more than you will ever understand, but it's something. They worked for it, whether it be they put money into the game like a Founder, or put hours into the game to help other players like a Guide. They DESERVE it, and it should stay exclusive. Regular players get tons of different accessories to choose from, and yet get so salty about the Guides receiving a nice little gift. Are you not happy with all of the things you get? Prime access, Prisma, Tennogen? Can't you be a little more grateful for what YOU get instead of worrying about what everyone else has? I.E. a couple shoulder pads, why would anyone get whiny about that? You're not a Guide, you didn't apply, and if you did and didn't get accepted, then you don't deserve it. And if you ever even think about signing up for Guides just for the cosmetics, it'll get around and you DEFINITELY wont be accepted. This situation honestly holds so much resemblance to that of 2 children, both with lots of toys, but one of them always wants what the other has in their hand. You can't have EVERYTHING, and it's time to accept that.

I also applied for GoTL and was not accepted and I respect there decision. The "special" cosmetics these guides get make it easy for begging players to locate them and help prove they are who they say they are, and not someone impersonating.

I think it'll make recruitment harder in the future. You just know that some people will type up a bogus application talking about how they're a fallen angel seeking to help every living creature, when in actuality they just want the l00t. 

Is this also going to be a thing from now on? Will each new recruitment period bring yet another exclusive for those DE deem worthy? 

Doesn't look very good, so i'm not jealous.

That being said, I think it's a waste. New players are the ones that need the Guides the most. They aren't going to know about the armor; most won't know about the purple text.

Find a way to make it obvious who is and isn't a Guide. Have "Guide of the Lotus" float above their head or something.

Exclusive armor isn't going to help and all it will do is make people mad about more exclusive things.

Well, the GoTL take time from their own day to help out new players, at very least they deserve something special to show that they're on duty.

Cosmetics aren't going to split the community, if anything GoTL participants are already slightly separated from the rest of the community in terms of their responsibilities. 

1 minute ago, Agentawesome said:

Well, the GoTL take time from their own day to help out new players, at very least they deserve something special to show that they're on duty.

Cosmetics aren't going to split the community, if anything GoTL participants are already slightly separated from the rest of the community in terms of their responsibilities. 

Fair enough that they take their own time but so do many players who just do it for nothing. They literally take their own time to help players and they aren't even GotL. And believe me there are a lot more players like this then GotL because the GotL is a small community.

To be clear I'm totally fine with them getting their own uniform or armor set. I think it's good. But to say they deserve simply because they take time out of their day is kind of not saying much because a lot of player do it just because they want to not even because they are suppose to because their part of a DE program.

4 hours ago, KarmaINC said:

ON the subject of guide, the lotus guide in our region , only chats all day long with purple text, commenting on silly stuff, where millions of newbie questions fly by. Infact i asked a question today whether all mods irrespective of rarity when dissolved gave the same number of endo? whether it was right they were and if i should proceed with a bug report, guess what he said "Don't know" . I am not undermining their dedication but after that i kept watching chat i found all he did was gossip, chat , laughed while newbies kept on asking the questions.When asked, answer was chat flies so quickly . Then why are you responding to silly conversation when newbies still need your help. What kind of criteria was used to select these "guides". Hate the purple text coming from a guy who can't answer warframe questions even.

the guides are players, they have no inside info from DE.

If they cant answer a question is because as a player they dont know. They know about stuff as quickly as the info comes out and they decide to look at it.

This is the reason why they keep adding more, because not every single person will know every single thing about the game.

I don't feel bad but if DE could put some effort in releasing armor sets for normal players too that don't require buying a PA... That would be great.

Yes we got the Lunaro armor and a few cosmetics from Baro. But I really want to see more armor sets in game. Not just a syandana from time to time.

We've been waiting for an armor set from Baro to complete the Syandana for such a long time... And we got a sigil and one badge.

I just wish they would stop relying on Tennogen to bring more customization and start releasing more stuff.

5 minutes ago, matto said:

I don't feel bad but if DE could put some effort in releasing armor sets for normal players too that don't require buying a PA... That would be great.

Yes we got the Lunaro armor and a few cosmetics from Baro. But I really want to see more armor sets in game. Not just a syandana from time to time.

We've been waiting for an armor set from Baro to complete the Syandana for such a long time... And we got a sigil and one badge.

I just wish they would stop relying on Tennogen to bring more customization and start releasing more stuff.

At least you guys have Tenno-gen stuff lol. I wish we had some of that stuff.

5 minutes ago, matto said:

6 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

The community itself fills the role of a 'guide' so I have no idea why they exist in the first place. I've literally seen one ever and not a single noob has a clue who these people are.

Also why the need to have official titles, badges, text, etc? It's just goofy. I've never considered applying because why would I need all this when I can help noobs normally?

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

12 minutes ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

The community itself fills the role of a 'guide' so I have no idea why they exist in the first place. I've literally seen one ever and not a single noob has a clue who these people are.

Also why the need to have official titles, badges, text, etc? It's just goofy. I've never considered applying because why would I need all this when I can help noobs normally?

I think GO GUIDES OF LOTUS!.

With respect as to why they need an official group of mentors to help players as opposed to whoever happens to wander by...  Of course they need people that can be identified and are not going to give things away and/or insult the new players.  Every game has them, and no the entire comunity does not help new players.  I have seen several cases where new players were given bad advice, sometime the giver doesn;t know better - sometimes the person giving the advice thinks it is funny... All in all, they are needed for new players and provide an excellent service.

Do I want to dedicate my time to it?  No Thanks.

Like I want to be a guide of the Lotus now honestly, hopefully saying that doesn't doom my chances of ever becoming one not that I plan on doing it anytime soon.

I always felt the sigil was pretty eh if these are supposed to be upstanding community members, though I'm not fond of sigils in the first place. I'm glad for them to have such a nice badge of office now.

Edited by DrProfSirCarmen

I appreciate the work Guides do volunteering and all that. Also lots of really cool people who aren't guides but regularly help new players. Those people are awesome too. 

As for the armor. Well, I don't like more exclusives per say, as a matter of principal. They generally just tend to lead to more butthurt and stupid arguments. However, I'm not sure I really care in this situation. A lot of games have special identification/swag for the people who have volunteer positions like that in MMO's... hardly unheard of. It's basically a uniform. Yeah, it's kind of a job perk too but... remember, if you help people on your own. That's great! But if you are doing it because you want stuff... that's the wrong reason. If you are jealous you don't have stuff... still the wrong reason to be helping. 

If you think the armor looks cool and don't see why you can't buy something similar with plat... I feel you. But I also get the idea of having a uniform/armor set for a position that DE wants to have high visibility. Also, remember that if you help people but aren't actually a guide... you can choose to stop helping, or start helping anytime you want. On your own schedule. I believe the guides have to commit to being on and in certain places at certain times. That is more of a sacrifice than you think... who cares if they get a tiny perk or two for it? 

Edit: But I do get it. More exclusives have always been a contentious issue in this game and led to strife. And I think in general DE should try to avoid exclusives like the plague for that reason... but in this case, I think an argument could be made for a reasonable exception. 

Edited by Tesseract7777