Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have You EVER Gotten All 8 Medallions?

NGSBRReAPeR

Question

Here's what you do. Use Thief's Wit on your warframe (also animal instinct and loot radar if you have them). Then look at your minimap. See all those squares? Most of them are crates, but some of them are medallions. Now what you're going to do is break every single crate on the map. It sounds like a lot, but you can do it surprisingly fast. If you see a white square on the map, got get rid of it. Do that, and you'll find every one. You'll also find lots of secret rooms you didn't know about.

It really helps to have more than one loot mod, such as loot radar AND thief;s wit. Also bullet jump up from time to time, because those mods don't cope with vertical distance very well. Sometimes things will be close enough that you should be able to see them, but they don't appear because they are too high. In other words the area of effect of those mods isn't spherical, it's more of a short cylinder. So jumping will often reveal secret areas and medallions.

--Signed, someone with more than 140,000 standing worth of medallions saved up in all three syndicates.

I never leave a syndicate mission without all 8. That's the whole point of syndicate missions in the first place, and they only really help you, so why wouldn't you go out of your way to collect them all?

They show up on the mini-map when you have a loot-detecting mod on. I personally use animal instinct so I don't have to waste a mod slot on my frames. 

Also, as mentioned above, the Smeeta pickup buff affects medallions, and more often than not I end up with 10+ medallions before I leave. Sometimes I wait specifically for the buff to kick in before grabbing the higher-tier medallions that reward more Standing, just so I can boost my gains a bit more.

7 minutes ago, Govictory said:

8? wow sounds like someone is a smeeta-less casual

smeeta powers have granted me a perfect 16 medallion run once it was glorious, saddly it was all the normal medalions for hexis..........

I asked for how many of the total mission medallions people have, not if they used fancy resource boosters

Spoiler

And I DO own a Smeeta Kavat, he's called Ron Swanson

animal instinct and an ignis 

ember and carrier if you wanna do it quick

edit: can bring smeeta if you think standing around waiting for the correct buff for double medallions is worth it.

Edited by xXRiomaXx

The most I ever got in one mission was 24 medallions(It was a double drop weekend and the stage glitched extra medallions into existence.).  But yes, when I run those missions I always get all 8.  I spent a lot of time with overextended and stretch on equinox(maim instantly destroys all crates in a very large area with just a little stored damage) and loot detector/thief's wit(both), and eventually I learned every single spawn location on every single tileset.  Now I don't need loot radar and I can find them all in about 5 mins.

Every mission all 8 xD How?

4 Loot detector + Drift (They stack It's really insane Lol) + Thuef's wit + animal instict....

you can see loot 2-3 room before you get in...

Edited by NoticeMeValkyr-senpai

1 hour ago, That1Cactus said:

I've gotten 8 everywhere except for the Grineer Asteroid missions. That tileset just seems to never spawn the 8th one no matter how many hours I search for it. AND THAT'S WITH THE LOOT DETECT MODS.

There are a few very well hidden hidden rooms on the Grineer Asteroid tile set. Chances are they spawned there.

7 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

There are a few very well hidden hidden rooms on the Grineer Asteroid tile set. Chances are they spawned there.

I have searched every corner and spot in the tileset and there were never traces of that final medallion. I found more map holes than the medallions every time on the asteroids it's just a problem that never resolves.