Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic proc aura BS

Demon.King

2 minutes ago, Keth-Selhan said:

Yeah no, they don't ignore all resistances.

Just because I could bypass an inconvenient you assume I want a pure-gun-3rd person shooter? I'm an energy junkie, Zenurik fanboy and an Energy Siphon addict, I cast like a madman through the game and I still didn't have a problem with these Hyenas. There were like 5 of them through 10 waves, they didn't even swarmed you. The first one caught me, "Oh damn, gotta change tactics!" you sneaky DE. Again, bring status prevention, shoot them faster, leave some Blue Orbs around from enemies killed before, kill the Hyena and THEN fill your meter up with those orbs. So many solutions!

gotta change tactics, I get it, thank you. next time I will come with intention of standing still and just shooting aoe bs to avoid all the S#&$(tactics). Oh and it was 2-3 hyenas per wave btw.

@(PS4)bonateIIo I feel like you're being intentionally dense.

People don't want a generic first-person shooter. We do have abilities regardless of whether or not you can spam abilities. What I said even touched on how you could still cash abilities plenty ... just not spam them.

As far as resistance to conditions ... there are other frames that have that and can be mobile. Additionally, Oberon can recast as he moves from spot to spot.

There are plenty of options. You just seem hell-bent on ignoring them.

28 minutes ago, Sebrent said:

@(PS4)bonateIIo I feel like you're being intentionally dense.

People don't want a generic first-person shooter. We do have abilities regardless of whether or not you can spam abilities. What I said even touched on how you could still cash abilities plenty ... just not spam them.

As far as resistance to conditions ... there are other frames that have that and can be mobile. Additionally, Oberon can recast as he moves from spot to spot.

There are plenty of options. You just seem hell-bent on ignoring them.

uhmmm, what options. as I already said, jumping, bullet jumping, wall latch, escaping their LOS and you still get procced. unless leaving defense target and going to the end of the map to escape their proc I see no other options and that one is beyond illogical. please give me some MLG options. next level tactics, how pros roll. btw 1 shotting everything is not an option, thats what I had to do cause there was nothing else. so best option is stand in the middle and 1 shot stuff, I guess I learned something.

24 minutes ago, Keth-Selhan said:

This is getting personal and I don't like it. I just wanted to help, not enter in a virtual and verbal bar fight on the Internet. If my little piece of advice won't do, I'll just stop replying.

"Wanted to help", proceeded to treat the other players like dimwits with a very poor choice of words...maybe you should THINK about that first?

Ignoring that, I had to redo proc-resistance testing personally, where the conclusion is either DE changed how some abilities interact with magnetic aura since, or it was bugged. Iron Skin and Warding Halo still don't block it however, still need to check some others.

28 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I had fun, maybe if you actually tried to have fun you would, you know, have fun. 

And it was counterable... range.

I don't have fun when my screen gets scrambled every minute and all I'm doing is holding fire, because that was the optimal strategy due to how laughable the enemy units were.

22 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Wew. A whole one missions worth of magnetic procs. End of the world.

>No powers equals CoD

Yeah like sniper only sorties equal Sniper Elite right?

This is the result of a series of events regarding a ton of threads about ability nullification and the constant stupid repetition of "use guns". It's either Warfame (i.e. guns + powers) or not (i.e. COD). Rare occurrences are negligible, constant occurrences are not.

Edited by Demon.King

Just now, Demon.King said:

I don't have fun when my screen gets scrambled every minute and all I'm doing is holding fire.

Why was your screen getting scrambled every minute, were you always allowing it to get in close range to you?

And why were you just holding fire, you do know that DE is not forcing you to use that play style and you are fully allowed to run around, dodge the knock-down spam, combine the might of your weapons etcetera, you can have fun... if you want to.

14 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Why was your screen getting scrambled every minute, were you always allowing it to get in close range to you?

And why were you just holding fire, you do know that DE is not forcing you to use that play style and you are fully allowed to run around, dodge the knock-down spam, combine the might of your weapons etcetera, you can have fun... if you want to.

Because that was the optimal strategy. I'm not leaving the defense target, and I was frost, the least mobile frame.

Also because I absolutely hate Mag proc auras, so i basically went semi afk the moment it happened the second time.

Also because Darvo was a badass shooting dual cestras, which was the only positive thing in the mission.

Edited by Demon.King

11 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

because not all frames are CC heavy, which points to the issue of CC dominance. And no you can't have fun just because you want to, thats not how the world works.

8 minutes ago, Demon.King said:

Because that was the optimal strategy. I'm not leaving the defense target, and I was frost, the least mobile frame and apparently a Hyena magnet, since they chased me everywhere but the second floor, which I'm not staying at leaving the target.

Also because I absolutely hate Mag proc auras, so i basically went semi afk the moment it happened the second time.

Sadly DE will not respond or change anything. The Pros will give you the same advice and don't acknowledge the issues.

Mag proc: lock down the map, or some other heavy CC. though they are saying jump and run, but they forget to mention the CC frames they had on their squad.

30 frames- their advice is limit that to five

400 weapons- their advice is use high ROF

5 focus schools- use naramon

you are using map lock down- you are cheesing

you are 1 shotting enemies- you are cheesing

you don't use map lock down- git gud

you are not 1 shottting- git gud

at the end of the day it doesn't matter. we will cheese the S#&$ like everyone else and wait for DE to fix their S#&$. Which might happen someday or not.

5 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

He's overreacting for sure.

'Clearly targeted at those complaining about nullifiers'

DE does stuff like that. Most obvious example was when people complained about a few aspects of difficulty, so they promised that they'd have an alert that would solve that problem.

It only had propaganda drones. It was a pretty clear middle finger from DE.

Wow wow I just can't handle that constant screen shake of being caught in the magnetic aura proc thing, wtf did I just play.  If your going to limit me to gun play 90% of the time can you not make me cross eyed in the process.  I have to go away for a long weekend I don't think I'm coming back to this game after that.  I don't know are the devs are trolling or actually trying out enemy concepts either way I'm disgusted. 

If you hate something, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. It stops there though; as an opinion. It does not make it good/bad though. 

If you are leaving a game because of one mission ... you were going to leave for any other reason anyways. Enjoy whatever you decide to play.

Seriously? I barely noticed those auras as i used skills from distance, all i seen was some distant sparkle explosions with big exp.

I seen hyena itself only on last wave when scrambus/comabas started to nulify my skills(when they appeared with flash like stalker). 

If there were no combas/scrambus it could be handled even faster. 

11 minutes ago, Sebrent said:

If you hate something, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. It stops there though; as an opinion. It does not make it good/bad though. 

If you are leaving a game because of one mission ... you were going to leave for any other reason anyways. Enjoy whatever you decide to play.

I really wasn't going to leave I've been purchasing plat consistently when I need it.  Just yesterday I was thinking about ways to better the game theres a lot about this game thats so cool that you want to really see it evolve.  This was the opposite.  

10 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

Seriously? I barely noticed those auras as i used skills from distance, all i seen was some distant sparkle explosions with big exp.

I seen hyena itself only on last wave when scrambus/comabas started to nulify my skills(when they appeared with flash like stalker). 

If there were no combas/scrambus it could be handled even faster. 

there were at least 2-3 hyena each wave I know this made me feel like I need glasses but are we playing the same game for you to say that or were you carried so hard by naramon players you didn't even notice?  

I appreciated darmons sense of humor as it went on but other then that this was frusterating because its was visually awful to be inside of magnetic procs auras constantly.  Its like they went lets take all of our beautiful art and powers and make them both unenjoyable for 15 minutes with the aura constantly shaking the screen.  If you want to defend that go ahead.

Edited by (PS4)Del-ProdigyT

it certainly made the Alert not very interesting. it was neat until i saw that Magnetic Auras would be flying around the Tile during most of the Mission.

it was super easy to compensate for the game cheating, but that doesn't matter - it still made the Mission uninteresting. there's ways to circumvent being affected but most of a Mission being randomly covered with Magnetic Status isn't entertaining or challenging either way.

• ... we knew this would be a trolly affair , after all its a protect Darvo type of mission .. . so my clan and myself went in with the right mindset ...lets have some fun and prepare for a no-lvl Corpus Mission ... we took titania , max range spam 2 slowing frost , slow nova and the last guy went with a max range some duration rest and rage night-equinox with augment .... magnetic proc bullS#&$ is nothing new or nerve-racking ... we will drop energy plates even if we have to drop alot of them , those are all MR22 with an abundance of that... then we cast like there is no tomorrow ... then we enjoy and we reap what we saw... we make fun of the whole map simply standing still ... Darvo shooting with his Dual Cestras (lol) like a madman that he is ... we scan the hyenas just because we can ... we mock the enemys .. then we procede as someone called it earlier into the naramon Phase still taking a scan once in a while .... big fun... next wave please.. where are those hyenas we miss you ... cant have enough of them .. after all we are naramoning the S#&$ out of it and dont forget Darvo who has his OP Cestras ... when in the final wave suddenly some combas and scrambus Units appeared we high fived ourselfs and played with the new glyphs on the wall and using sit and kneel emotes in Darvos honor .... this was some big big fun we had ...  noone can troll us ... we will always find a way and prevail ... Long live EGT -- Long live my CLAN

Better not be yet another mod locking this thread and a DE replying instead. This is good stuff.

I did NOT think of using Oberon and/or Titania.. So much for being one of the Broberons ;-;

I'm pretty sure we have a few abilities that can negate aura procs and all kinds of proccing.

true it is so stupid, us tenno rely on energy so much, taking that energy away form us is like insta kill, so what is the point of energy when DE puts guys with mag proc and takes it away same with nullys if u did not have any weps that shoot fast liek soma or boltor u can say goodbye to long runs in void and corpus maps

18 hours ago, Demon.King said:

I'll be short and to the point. Remove any and all resistance ignoring instant uncounterable not-even-los mag proc auras.

Thought I wouldnt have to repeat this again so soon, but DE decided to spawn mag proc aura Hyenas in the Darvo alerts...for real DE?

Another failed attempt to curb energy spam...which will end up encouraging it. I will bring a Slow Nova on every one of these alerts, to keep these things from getting near me. Its really a no brainer that this sort of thing has the opposite effect its intended to have.