Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augments on exilus mod slots

thedarkknightdieded

14 minutes ago, NoticeMeValkyr-senpai said:

Exilus = Utility

Augments... Are a PowerUp

DE has made their stance on this pretty clear, but that stance was made when only a few frames had one. There are many frames that I'd like to have 2 or 3 augments on, but can't sacrifice two slots. I don't think we should have an augment slot, but being able to put those mods in the exilus slot would be fun and fair.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

I've been a strong fan of this idea for a while now... Would make the exilus slot tremendously more useful while allowing more build variety without gimping your builds... Especially now that many frames have two or more really usefull augments... Plus it requires no work from DE's part whatsoever.... Just increase the pool of mods that can fit into an exilus slot and you're good to go.

23 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

There would be no reason to use exilus mods then.

not speaking of other players but i personally don't use any exilus mods and usually all mu exilus slots usually consist of drift mods so why not make them more useful? as the slots themselves now affect strength, range etc so its not just for utility and directly affects stats of a frame. Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

DE has made their stance on this pretty clear, but that stance was made when only a few frames had one. There are many frames that I'd like to have 2 or 3 augments on, but can't sacrifice two slots. I don't think we should have an augment slot, but being able to put those mods in the exilus slot would be fun and fair.

isnt DE policy never say never? hopefully they look at this idea it could lead to a useful change in game and help players mod better 
also its not easy to get the exilus adapter which requires 2 forma and an argon hence it isnt easy to put on every frame in game easily and requires work so hopefully the slot could be made more attractive through this?

10 minutes ago, thedarkknightdieded said:

Isnt DE policy never say never? hopefully they look at this idea it could lead to a useful change in game and help players mod better 
also its not easy to get the exilus adapter which requires 2 forma and an argon hence it isnt easy to put on every frame in game easily and requires work so hopefully the slot could be made more attractive through this?

I agree wholeheartedly. Letting us put augment in exilus slots would be a godsend for me. Like I said in my previous post DE keeps releasing wonderful augments that I just can't fit on my build (the polarity doesn't help). I would love to have the ability to put augments in the exilus slots.

No, I don't think they should be placed in exilus slots.

Exilus slots were made for mods like Rush, Maglev, Thief's Wit, etc, because they were useless compared to some mods that are necessary for dedicated builds. Being able to put the augment there will once again make them easily replaceable by more useful mods.

However, I'd like an additional slot for augments, and as LegioN said, it has to be unlocked by something from syndicates.

37 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Exilus slots were made for mods like Rush, Maglev, Thief's Wit, etc, because they were useless compared to some mods that are necessary for dedicated builds.

And yet, DE went ahead and added Drift mods that can increase Power range and strength, which literally makes mods like Thief's Wit and Maglev useless again. Why would someone use Rush when they can increase the power range or strength, unless, of course, they want the build to be different just for the sake of it?

With the new parkour system, I see no reason to use Rush instead of Power Drift.

2 hours ago, DEADSHOT456 said:

- snip -

Weeeeell...
Powercreep aside, I would never choose a mere 15% boost on a single feature if that meant running like a fatso-bobo-slowbo and get left behind even with supreme parkour combo skills.

Seriously... 15% more when you're already around 200% will get you nowhere... Rush will do that, instead - and 30% faster! Rush is just an example, I don't use it so often...

3 hours ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

They should just add an augment slot now. More and more frames are getting must have augments and unlocking it will give vets something to do.

I personally want to see it happen just because.. no one is going to touch a lot of these augments otherwise. Not all augments are created equal but some of them will never see the light of day unless we have a new spot to place them to fool around with.