Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No syndicate AOE on new melee weapons?

Exaltas

41 minutes ago, Exaltas said:

Then don't bring it for stealth, shesh. 

So, when I'm doing stealth stuff, you don't want me to bring a dagger that has a bonus specifically for stealth gameplay along with me.

Seems legit. :clem:

Edited by Silvus-Sol

20 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Sad about the whip. Great if you need credits but once you have almost all the weapons and everything else, it loses its purpose. Would have rather have seen have some non farming gimmick seeing as it is a whip and all and I never see people using them. Oh well.

You don't? PC has piles of red crit Atterax maniacs.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The Sydon's effect is terrible. You have to block 15 attacks to charge the Blind, you lose the charge if you do anything at all other than stand there or walk while holding the block, and the blind lasts only a few seconds, long enough to perform finishers on two enemies if they're standing right next to each other. In all ways, the Sydon's effect is inferior to just using the weapon's own ground slam.

I am really hoping that DE will do some mechanical tweaking.

Well, i guess it's time to make a petition post.

To the weapons section!

16 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

So, when I'm doing stealth stuff, you don't want me to bring a dagger that has a bonus specifically for stealth gameplay along with me.

Well, I don't know what it means by reduced visibility. How much harder are you to see? But the second part isn't stealth at all. If anything I think its more of a "hey they can't see me but they can see my allies over there and will attack them instead, so now I'm going to go poke them in the butt a few times and get some overshields from it before they realize that I'm there" type of thing.

Edited by Exaltas

21 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Of course, alienating the whole crowd of people who want to enjoy stealth with cool synd weapons.

Well, instead they have alienated "the whole crowd of people" who wanted the AOE buff for large scale fighting of high level enemies. So whose crowd is bigger? Yours or mine?

7 minutes ago, Exaltas said:

Well, instead they have alienated "the whole crowd of people" who wanted the AOE buff for large scale fighting of high level enemies. So whose crowd is bigger? Yours or mine?

Not realy, as the Primaries and Secondaries have that AoE buff. 1 out of 3 weapons better suited for stealth play it's totally legit.

Edited by Nazrethim

27 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

You should be stealthing with the Galatine Prime, because cleaving enemies in half with 1 swing silences enemies pretty efficiently. :clem:

23 minutes ago, Exaltas said:

Well, I don't know what it means by reduced visibility. How much harder are you to see? But the second part isn't stealth at all. If anything I think its more of a "hey they can't see me but they can see my allies over there and will attack them instead, so now I'm going to go poke them in the butt a few times and get some overshields from it before they realize that I'm there" type of thing.

Yeah, the second part of it is pretty useless honestly. Since the main point of having a dagger for stealth is Covert Lethality then that means there is little to no chance of the enemy getting a radiation proc in the first place as they would ideally be receiving lethal damage with every attack. So the weapon kinda works against itself there. As for the reduced visability... well... I was running Loki so... I didn't really notice if it made a big difference or not.

I suppose I'll have to make a more fighty build and test out the overshield stuff with Oberon or something.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

You should be stealthing with the Galatine Prime, because cleaving enemies in half with 1 swing silences enemies pretty efficiently. :clem:

latest?cb=20150808114247

Nah, I'll stick with my knives.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

1 hour ago, Exaltas said:

F*** the damage. I want that health restore and armor increase.

thats basically the sentiment from the anti aoe-dmg-spam camp, the bonus effects for yourself or nearby friendlies are fine, but replace the radial aoe dmg with something else more interesting and unique to each weapon/syndicate

3 hours ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

and the existing radial AoE dmg from the primary/2ndary syndicate weapons might also be going away in the near future considering that many ppl have complained about how boring/lame/annoying of an effect that it is

Please show me the threads where ppl complain about how boring/lame/annoying the radial AoE dmg from Syndicate weapons is (Shouldn't be to difficult cause you said "many ppl complained about it"). Ppl only complained about the syndicate proc cause it breaks stealth and NOT CAUSE IT'S BORING/LAME.

3 hours ago, wanderere said:

yeah i wish the melees had the aoe instead of the buffs they have now, at least they would be uniform to their respective syndicates. 

was really looking forward to these weapons, oh well i guess.. more MR fodder..

Look at Sancti Magistar stats and ability and tell me how it's mr fodder

In case some people missed what the majority have said about syndicate melees...

Hype train derailed in all of about 10 minutes for me after launch.

Walk into an arc trap, get hit by a little damage, get a worthless proc(electricity does nothing to us Tenno), break arc-trap and move on with my life.

Walk into an arc trap with this new fangled Sancti Magistar;

Spoiler

OMG I'm being electrocuted and I can't move!!!

The passive 'bonus' of the weapon becomes it's biggest downfall.  Stunlocked for ages.  I only wonder what would happen if I stepped in a fire on sabotage missions...

13 minutes ago, zehne said:

In case some people missed what the majority have said about syndicate melees...

Hype train derailed in all of about 10 minutes for me after launch.

Walk into an arc trap, get hit by a little damage, get a worthless proc(electricity does nothing to us Tenno), break arc-trap and move on with my life.

Walk into an arc trap with this new fangled Sancti Magistar;

Reveal hidden contents

OMG I'm being electrocuted and I can't move!!!

The passive 'bonus' of the weapon becomes it's biggest downfall.  Stunlocked for ages.  I only wonder what would happen if I stepped in a fire on sabotage missions...

That looks more like someone using the parry mod which almost no one uses.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

That looks more like someone using the parry mod which almost no one uses.

except it isn't, it's a 'feature' of the new syndicate melee.  Instead of taking a status effect you are simply forced into a blocking animation. Idk who thought that would be a 'good thing' but it definitely needs to be re-addressed.

Yes, did it first thing when while leveling the weapon in rescue missions I encounter this, then again and again.  Considering that this thread mentions one of the reasons why 'we' are unsatisfied about the new melee's, I thought i'd throw this in there also.  Not only are some of the effects lackluster, but even the 'good ones' have hidden thorns to them.

I mean really, who would ever think that a passive chance to resist status effects could be a bad thing? Answer; anyone who's encountered a arc trap(s) with Sancti magister.

Edited by zehne

Couldn't care less about the aoe dmg. I miss the proc heal and armor on my Sydon though.  The vaykor Sydons ability is rather lackluster though considering you have to sit and just eat dmg and it doesn't work with iron skin (didn't think it would but sad) 

Edited by Echoa

6 minutes ago, Mellaus said:

That's too bad, i like the AoE and its boom, that really felt neat.

And yes, the sydon seems worthless. Blocking and blocking only waiting to get a couple seconds blind, who does that ?

It's good for closing the distance, besides once they are blinded just slide attack and hit a group. You still get a melee damage boost if done right and don't DOA finisher on a single target.

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

They were purposely made to not have an AOE, DE asked the design council for unique ideas and this is what they picked after picking their brains.

Honestly I like 99% of them.

Did DE asked the Design Council IF they want something different then the usual Syndicate proc on Syndicate melees or did they said "We want something different for the Syndicate melee" (cause diversity/ "change is good" mentality) and asked them for ideas?

I just want to know whose to blame for this.

Edited by The-Tective

4 hours ago, (XB1)Beck117 said:

Look at Sancti Magistar stats and ability and tell me how it's mr fodder

okay so one or two are alright and the rest are extremely underwhelming as i was saying they aren't balanced..

so basically a bunch of average melee weapons, so much for getting people to use different weapons, yeah right

Edited by wanderere