Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee Weapons Are Just Too Much Fun!

Zarozian

ESPECIALLY THE TELOS BOLTACE!

That aoe slide attack man! 

THE RANGE ON THAT THING IS HUUUGE! O _O

YOU WILL ALL KNEEL BEFORE THE POWER OF THE TELOS BOLTACE!

FOR ITS POWER IS MAJESTIC AS IT IS GRAND!

BEHOLD ITS GLORY!

Edited by Zarozian

Mate....I think what you meant is that you, personally, are having fun with the Telos Boltace.

I am currently massively, hugely disappointed in the Vaykor Sydon. It has probably one of the worst mechanics which I have ever seen on a weapon or Warframe in the game.

Any time that you are ever, ever, ever considering using the Vaykor Sydon's block-to-charge-Radial-Blind trick, just charge in and perform a slide attack. Just....just run in and hit everyone. Standing there blocking is actively a terrible idea, and you will always be better off just fighting the bloody enemy.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Mate....I think what you meant is that you, personally, are having fun with the Telos Boltace.

I am currently massively, hugely disappointed in the Vaykor Sydon. It has probably one of the worst mechanics which I have ever seen on a weapon or Warframe in the game.

Any time that you are ever, ever, ever considering using the Vaykor Sydon's block-to-charge-Radial-Blind trick, just charge in and perform a slide attack. Just....just run in and hit everyone. Standing there blocking is actively a terrible idea, and you will always be better off just fighting the bloody enemy.

So? Don't use it then.

I find it cool.

2 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

I don't have it. How long does it take to fully charge?

15 attacks. You have to stand out in the open and block 15 attacks with it before you can use the blind.

Oh, and if you attack, jump or maneuver, you lose the charge.

Thematically cool.....just, a completely, utterly terrible execution of a cool idea.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

15 attacks. You have to stand out in the open and block 15 attacks with it before you can use the blind.

Sounds like a hefty piece of S#&$, and apparently syndicate melee weapons have no syndicate procs. These weapons are a huge disappointment.

Just now, OzoneSlayer said:

Im pretty sure the vaykor sydon's blind doesnt have finishers, but if it gives the stealth multiplier then gas will be op on it, since it's a status weapon

If the Vaykor Sydon's blind does not open for finishers, then....honestly, a weapon which I've been looking forward to is just trash. Just, just trash.

14 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

15 blocked hits.

It takes a little bit to charge up, so I would understand why people won't like it.

Because performing ANY animation (sprinting, jumping AND LETS NOT FORGET - MELEEING) actually resets the blind charge to 0.

Edited by Cat_Jam

19 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

BRUH! THE VAYKOR SYDON IS ENDGAME! 

ALL THOSE ASSASSINATES YOU COULD DO! >;O

YOU CAN ONE SHOT LEVEL 9999s WITH THAT! >;D

2 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

I have a personal bone to pick with DE and Vaykor Sydon. I've never seen anyone except for me using Sydon like ever. And I was always using it on Excal. And of course DE couldn't help themselves, but to add completely redundant effect for Excal to Vaykor Sydon.

All the effects are worse versions of abilities or ability features. just like base focus powers

44 minutes ago, Zarozian said:

ESPECIALLY THE TELOS BOLTACE!

That aoe slide attack man! 

THE RANGE ON THAT THING IS HUUUGE! O _O

Ohhh so much fun!
EEEEEEEEEE E E E EEEEEE E EEE EE EEEEEEEEEEEE
The game changed into better with so few changes!
EEEEEEEEEE E E E EEEEEE E EEE EE EEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Burnthesteak87

To be honest even without "why do I need a second Radial Blind on Excal?" thing, Vaykor Sydon's effect is pretty awful. You lose charges if you attack, jump, roll or block a shockwave. Getting 15 charges takes a significant amount of time, even against multiple enemies. If you're up against enemies you might want the help of Radial Blind, you're already not in position to just stay there and take over 15 attacks - it hurts a lot. And even then, after you've dropped your charges several times in a row, got to almost no health, but actually got the Blind to proc - all you get is around 5 seconds of blind, which then will be wasted on one/two finishers you'll be forced into.

Stats are very good. Effect is essentially detrimental for giving you an option to even try.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Then petition to make enemy scaling and combat mechanics more meaningful.

Blocking should be a thing, flanking and rear attacks should be a thing. Pressing one button and having 10 enemies drop dead should NOT be a thing, otherwise all other combat options are meaningless and we get people coming up with your exact argument.

47 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right, can confirm, the Blind from the Sydon does open enemies to Finishers.....for approx 2.5 seconds.

DE, guys.....I love ya, but I really think that you dropped the ball on this.

If what you say is fully accurate it could use quite a buff. I know these effects aren't supposed to be too gamebreaking, but they need to be within the realm of useable. 

Fifteen blocks for a very short lived blind, on a polearm weapon at that (weakest finishers in the game btw), is a terrible idea. If it were 3-5 and the blind were a bit longer it could be useful. 

I wouldn't say the mechanic itself is horrible, but they clearly way overbalanced in an effort to keep it from being op, and instead made it basically useless.