Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your thoughts so far about the new Weapons ?

Zdeadfallout

Hit and miss

Love scan hammer 2.0

Not so fond of the spear that builds radial blind by blocking (especially since it's on a spear and not say ack and brunt which actually has a mod conducive to blocking).

Biggest miss is that, surprise surprise, I can't find anybody that wants to just trade syndicates melee straight across just platmongers, platmongers everywhere.

Edited by Irorone

Secura Lecta is a bit unimpressive. Against lvl50 infested it has hard time killing infested Eximus units (with 2 forma and potatoed and Primed Pressure Point) in the hands of Valkyr and it has no passive like all the others. It has only a bonus on kill...

Magistar, really? Who the hell is using Charge attacks? While I do 1 charge attack to heal myself, the enemy kills me twice.

Edited by Doxorn
Added magistar

Did not yet have the time to playtest but from the Info I'd say that most look pretty good though I'm not a fan of the synoid switching from crit to channel and the specter is a bit of a fun gimmick instead of really useful. And the lecta has no combat bonus next to the credit drops so that is not that great though the weapon got a nice upgrade.

Other than them gimping the damage of the Heliocor compared to the normal one (both in the form of actual reduced damage across the board, and reduced crit) I quite like them. I'm still not sure what the point in making a hammer that has 2 abilities based on activating on kills, LESS damage than the default one. I'm really enjoying the Boltace though, despite hating its looks (delux tonfa skin when?) and being salty that it's not a sword, despite the syndicates motif being a sword...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Onyxflamegod said:

Other than them gimping the damage of the Heliocor compared to the normal one (both in the form of actual reduced damage across the board, and reduced crit) I quite like them. I'm still not sure what the point in making a hammer that has 2 abilities based on activating on kills, LESS damage than the default one. I'm really enjoying the Boltace though, despite hating its looks (delux tonfa skin when?) and being salty that it's not a sword, despite the syndicates motif being a sword...

Big reason the syndicate heliocor has less damage than the normal is that its passive makes it somewhat scaling.  Admittedly it needs to channel kill a victim you've completed the codex on to show what it can really do but obviously that is harder to pull off if you have less damage AND you're consuming energy on every hit.

Edited by Irorone

10 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Big reason the syndicate heliocor has less damage than the normal is that its passive makes it somewhat scaling.  Admittedly it needs to channel kill a victim you've completed the codex on to show what it can really do but obviously that is harder to pull off if you have less damage AND you're consuming energy on every hit.

I mean, I'd have been fine with the lower base damage spread seeing as they gave it increased channel damage, so that would have come out in the wash when killing things. But shifting it's crit into status chance on a damage type that's main advantage (when applied to status chance) is CC stuns, not damage, doesn't make sense at all to me.

9 minutes ago, Irorone said:

I'd have been a lot happier by having it get reduced base damage in exchange for attack speed - but to severely reduce its crit capabilities on top of that is sort of unwarranted. A good medium would've been around 120 base damage and 15 or 20% crit chance.

Even more so because the specter itself is still stupid asf as most AI allies are, and:

• you can only have one at a time
  • duration is fairly limited
  • you can't spawn eximi, so no useful bonus like an arctic giving you moderate CC
  • it has the enemy's stats, thus making it almost invulnerable to enemy damage but also unable to contribute in any significant way

If it stays like this i might just keep the regular Heliocor tbh.

Boltace and Magistar are the only ones whose passive I like so far.

Sydon's passive is downright useless since the duration is 5 secs.

Dark Dagger is ok but not too good.

Heliocor effect is meh since AI is dumb.

As for Lecta - who the hell cares about credits from enemies? Run DS missions 4-5 times and you have enough credits. Not to mention the fact that we veterans are swimming in credits.

Also, I don't get it why DE didn't keep the scanning ability to Simaris alone. DE should have added scanning ability to normal Simulor as well and should have kept the Synoid Heliocor stats same to Heliocor but just change the effect to spawning upto 3 spectres. I mean Simaris is the scanning dude. Suda isn't.

Edited by DEADSHOT456

41 minutes ago, Weidro said:

THEY ARE AMAZING because all of them offer 3k MR points each

now i need just 4 more weapons to get to MR 23

and then there is MR non founder over here who needs extra 12k-18k more than you. I have no clue if you got lato or braton vandal

Not enough time spent to really say how good they are or are not.  These initial thoughts are after messing with them a bit, cept for the Boltace.    Have it just didn't play yet.   Vakyor was taken to 30, others just messed with in simulcrum.  

Scan Hammer 2.0 - Ok weapon, bit clunky to use its power.   Still, in most missions the dmg from its crit brother isn't needed so its ok.

Trident 2.0 - This one needs some adjusting.  Power use is beyond clunky.   Potential is there.

Dark Dagger 2,0 - A nice upgrade, but, with Covert, its just another dagger really.

Magistar 2.0 - Most interesting effects so far to me.  Stacking with Rapid Resilience and maybe a dmg resistance mod, procs can be more or less ignored. Bit of healing as well.  Seems like a nice 4 spammer hammer.

Boltace 2.0 - Not played yet, so dunno. 

Lecta 2.0 - Show me the money!  Soon to be seen in Dark Sector five and outs on a planet near you.

*edited as just noticed MR 8 required. 

Edited by _Vortus_