Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

Just now, Magneu said:

I mean, I haven't used Carrier Prime in...sixth months? And those hour runs on Mot/sorties still seem perfectly doable to me.

Hell, the only time I think I ever bring him out is dedicated farming for resources, and even then, it's usually 20 minute runs. 

Would dropping Fast Deflection, Coolant Leak, and w/e build filler really be as bad as everyone says?

It's not about that, it's about convenience.  It's about DE having a very obvious choice to fulfill the hopes of their players, then turning around, sticking up their middle finger, and doing something unnecessarily annoying for absolutely no reason.  Vacuum should be inherent on warframes or companions or whatever, it shouldn't be a mod--it's a fast-paced game, walking around precisely on top of loot is cumbersome and antiquated.

Vacuum is not a necessity. It's not even remotely close to being required. Being lazy does not justify grounds to demand the devs change something to allow more laziness. You should be prostrate at Scott's feet praising his wisdom and being grateful they aren't removing it from the game entirely since it's not something that's even remotely as useful as people make it out to be and not required to play the game in any way.

Edited by Ceryk

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

Nope.  I think that's a top notch idea.  Let's get a player count now, implement a manual requirement to pick everything up for a year, and then check the player count again.

Taking Vacuum out wouldn't be anything like implementing whatever it is you're even talking about though you make no sense

Just now, Airwolfen said:

Count me not concerned. Like not even close.

So you say that you know nothing about the change

13 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

What I see is a lot of people jumping the gun here with over dramatic assumptions for a change we know almost nothing about. 

then you say you don't care

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

Count me not concerned. Like not even close.

So why are you even in the thread?

Just now, Noamuth said:

Er, as in we can only have 1 of the 3 mods at a time?  Deer Lorde, I hope not.

No i was just saying that having 3 mandatory mods on sentinels isn't a that a big deal since there's so very few useful sentinel mods and you would be able to equip all of them without having to make any real trade offs (which i erroneously assumed was what you were talking about in your first post)

I sincerely don't think they would dare restricting us to only one, now THAT would really make people get the pitchfork primes out.

4 minutes ago, Momaw said:

I don't have any issues either.  Even when I am looking for some specific resource, it's not difficult or especially slow to scoop up thousands of whatever you need. Animal Instinct is my "Vacuum", it shows me whatever is near me and I make a decision what's worth picking up. Players need to focus less on picking up "all" the loot, because having all the loot is a pointless over-abundance.

hopefully, DE will make the resources more distinctive like they said they would, no more of that orange thingy for all common and uncommon resources, plastids will show plastids and alloy plates will show alloy plates, I'd use the carrier mods less if I'm farming for a specific resource and I know that that is the resource I'm looking for.  

Just now, Xiusa said:

Taking Vacuum out wouldn't be anything like implementing whatever it is you're even talking about though you make no sense

No it wouldn't.

But I wasn't talking about that, was I?  I was replying to your idiotic reply that requiring players to manually pick up every item wouldn't be that bad.

Just now, timur_the_lame said:

It's not about that, it's about convenience.  It's about DE having a very obvious choice to fulfill the hopes of their players, then turning around, sticking up their middle finger, and doing something unnecessarily annoying for absolutely no reason.  Vacuum should be inherent on warframes or companions or whatever, it shouldn't be a mod--it's a fast-paced game, walking around precisely on top of loot is cumbersome and antiquated.

Carrier has been around since what, update 10? It's not like DE is pulling a fast one on us, it's rebalancing sentinels so that 95+% of players don't use just one companion.

1 minute ago, timur_the_lame said:

walking around precisely on top of loot is cumbersome and antiquated.

No, its laziness through and through. Plenty of us rarely ever use carrier and do just fine with resources. If DE intended you to get everything that dropped without you having to put in effort to go get it then they wouldnt make the item drop at all and theyd just be delivered to you at the end of the mission for 100% return. DE breaks down after all the complaining and gives people the ability to have universal pick up and people still complain like they did before. Why should DE listen to you anymore if nothing they do is going to appease you?

3 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Vacuum is not a necessity. It's not even remotely close to being required. Being lazy does not justify grounds to demand the devs change something to allow more laziness. You should be prostrate at Scott's feet praising his wisdom and being grateful they aren't removing it from the game entirely since it's not something that's even remotely as useful as people make it out to be and not required to play the game in any way.

Oh look at you, you blow the devs professionally.  It isn't required; it's a luxury, and players who want to use the luxury should be allowed to.  What is it with people getting all pissy about people not wanting to be annoyed when the play a game?

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

No it wouldn't.

But I wasn't talking about that, was I?  I was replying to your idiotic reply that requiring players to manually pick up every item wouldn't be that bad.

Idiotic?? What's your deal????? People manually pick up items already and it's really not a big deal, so yeah, it wouldn't be that bad?

Oh look at you, you blow the devs professionally.  It isn't required; it's a luxury, and players who want to use the luxury should be allowed to.  What is it with people getting all pissy about people not wanting to be annoyed when the play a game?

What is it with people getting pissy when they come onto a forum to complain and then get a reply? You are fully capable of using the luxury, so stop expecting your luxury to be diamond studded.

All I know is if my Carrier Prime which can currently pick up everything, can now only pick up a couple of set resources or mods  or health I will not be happy. I agree that carrier should be left as is and let the other sentinels enjoy the hassles of trying to use resource specific pickups 

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

No, its laziness through and through. Plenty of us rarely ever use carrier and do just fine with resources. If DE intended you to get everything that dropped without you having to put in effort to go get it then they wouldnt make the item drop at all and theyd just be delivered to you at the end of the mission for 100% return. DE breaks down after all the complaining and gives people the ability to have universal pick up and people still complain like they did before. Why should DE listen to you anymore if nothing they do is going to appease you?

Yeah, like health and energy pickups--super useful after the mission.  It's not laziness.  I don't want to be playing a high-level mission and take breaks walking directly on top of the S#&$ that my allies killed.  Not to menion the fact that loot can oftentimes get stuck in walls in this busted &#! game.  Just because you feel like a special little butterfly for not using a carrier doesn't mean that the devs are right with this change.

What the majority wants isn't automatically whats best, especially if that majority has a vested interested in it. Also, don't speak for "the community" as a whole when there are a significant amount of people completely against vacuum as a whole or prefer to see it nerfed. You're not entitles to an unconditional vacuum without any drawbacks since its not a basic gameplay mechanic needed to enjoy the game. If it is for you, you'll have options, but don't project your preferences onto everybody else.

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Just wanted to seed a thought to some of the community, since i see some doom & gloom. Consider that the 3 versions of Vacuum could possibly be like the following:

Vacuum Type 1 - Picks up all drops(current).

Vacuum Type 2 - Only picks up Energy Orbs, Health Orbs, Life Support Capsules and Ammo.

Vacuum Type 3 - Only picks up Mods, Resources, Endo, Credits.

Everyone that uses Vacuum would be able to choose what they prefer to have brought to them. I've seen players that don't use Vacuum purely because it wastes the things listed in Vacuum Type 2.

So that is the thought. Hopefully this is what we get.

I'm hoping for Type 1, but I doubt DE will do that. 

Yeah, like health and energy pickups--super useful after the mission.  It's not laziness.  I don't want to be playing a high-level mission and take breaks walking directly on top of the S#&$ that my allies killed.  Not to menion the fact that loot can oftentimes get stuck in walls in this busted &#! game.  Just because you feel like a special little butterfly for not using a carrier doesn't mean that the devs are right with this change.

And just because you can type on a keyboard doesn't mean that your opinion for how you believe the game should function is in fact the one they agree on. Judging by how they went about providing a universal vacuum, they specifically don't agree with your opinion.