Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 80: Carrier Changes feedback thread [Megathread]

DonGheddo

6 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I like the changes.  It provides a new level of personalization that this game has needed for awhile.

Splitting up a collect-all mod into 3, requiring 3 mods to do what 1 mod could originally do, is NOT personalization. That's like splitting up Pressure Point into separate Slash, Impact, and Puncture mods, and removing Pressure Point altogether. That's not personalization. That's a nerf.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

3 minutes ago, Magneu said:

If i understand correctly, Carrier will be able to use the new three mods in place of the old Vacuum, but also gain an innate ammo mutation.

Other sentinels gain a nifty ability, Carrier might have to drop shield recharge/Coolant Leak, but also gains a powerful new utility. Oh dear.

You do understand that each of those "three new mods" is significantly worse than the one it is replacing?  It sounds like you are celebrating the loss of mod slots.

1 minute ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

dont predict how people do things. thats a bad idea in this situation.

And yet you post this

8 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

and who doesn't have ammo packs on them for emergencies?

There's a word for this kind of behaviour.

5 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Carrier gains a new precept that boosts your ammo capacity and gives ammo mutation effects but can still use Vacuum if you want.

Other Sentinels gain access to Vacuum.

Where's the nerf?  They all gain something.

Right here https://forums.warframe.com/topic/700093-everyone-is-missing-the-big-news-in-the-uni-vacuum-debacle/?do=findComment&comment=7810798

While it does sound pretty troll I'll wait for more info about it before getting wound up.  DE has a pretty good recent track record of good changes when they rework something.  My only concern is how left out kubrows and kavats are by these changes.  They cost the player significantly more resources and bring in far more plat to DE to be left in its current state.

Unfortunately I can only think of 2 solutions for it that would fit my playstyle.

1. Allow the player to use both types at once.  One sentinel.  One kubrow or kavat.  While the damage they do is noticeable, it is nothing compared to the damage my frame and weapons do, and they could always just half their damage when you use two.  Old school nekros shows how well the engine can handle multiple pets, and you summon up a rather large army already with specters.  And would stop any design headaches trying to make them separate but equal.
  2. Go forward with their 3 split idea, but allow it to work on the kubrow/kavat.  Would remove the sting somewhat for the people just seeing this as a huge carrier nerf

I just wanna use my dogs as something more than ship decoration.  DE plz!

Why not just make Vacuum an innate ability to each sentinel?  That would solve the entire problem.  Replace Carrier's Vacuum mod with a different precept.  Problem solved.  No new mods.  No losing mod space.  Completely bypasses all the nonsense and seems to me like the most common sense, no-thought fix there could be.  Unless, of course, creating Vacuum as an innate ability for each sentinel would create an unimaginable amount of dev work for each one.  I have no clue what goes into that.  But either way, I don't see why innate Vacuum hasn't already been done.  

33 minutes ago, BladeRunner318 said:

I really don't see what the problem is with you people.

People who wanted carrier/vaccuum to change are not the same people who wanted it to stay as it is.

And within the group of people who wanted a general change to item pickups (i.e. Vaccuum) are displeased with the proposed changes. While those who didn't want a change at all joined this bandwagon.

yes to the threadopener, and please DE; fix your horrible bugs which create a loss of plat, real cash and even more, TRUST

im not with this big announcements anymore until the main 2 bugs i wrote allready in a ticket, and here on a few threads about

thats all i want and im pleased for, AND, DE stop fooling me/us fix it as soon as possible please

im not interested in anything else right now, we know that you try to do a good job which is not right now ...

and the more days go buy im thinking about a good fight, im not a person which goes in a corner crying, you should know it, even that i feel ignored, please dont provoke me to get heared, im able to do it ^^)

please do your job on the bugs too, IM TIRED OF !!!

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Well...

I guess playing Mag has its advantages >:)

#TeamMagPrime

Seriously, it messes with me when I play other 'frames and loot isn't picked up when I Bullet Jump.

OP; I'd support the removal of Vacuum, but only if DE implemented end of mission loot rewards.

Just now, --Q--JoeTheBanshee said:

I haven't used vacuum in over a year and haven't really felt any need to use it since then. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I personally have no issue just collecting things manually.

I don't have any issues either.  Even when I am looking for some specific resource, it's not difficult or especially slow to scoop up thousands of whatever you need. Animal Instinct is my "Vacuum", it shows me whatever is near me and I make a decision what's worth picking up. Players need to focus less on picking up "all" the loot, because having all the loot is a pointless over-abundance.

1 hour ago, Xiusa said:

Vacuum is just a terrible ability. Back in the day it was cool and all but ultimately it was never really that great tbh. None of the sentinels are actually good now that I think about it can we just get a rework on every sentinel and make them all somewhat useful??

Sure.  Let's just have every player walk to each item and click to pick up.

11 minutes ago, JerechoNC said:

the fast pace of warframe does not pair well with picking up every ounce of ammo, every mod, every endo drop, and every energy orb.

Carrier was added in Update 10 (along with Nekros and Mag Prime) I coped just fine picking up my own loot with a Dethcube over my shoulder until then and I cope just fine picking up my own loot right now with a Kavat by my side.  Vacuum is not essential.

13 minutes ago, JerechoNC said:

In warframe, resources are required for progression. if it drops, we want it. leaving resources behind is like leaving money on the ground. We have to have it all or it feels like a waste.

Do you also break open every container and open every locker?  There's resources getting left behind in there if you don't.  Do you Master Thief to get extra resources from locked lockers too?  I know you don't Scavenge the lockers since you use Carrier...

I mean, I haven't used Carrier Prime in...sixth months? And those hour runs on Mot/sorties still seem perfectly doable to me.

Hell, the only time I think I ever bring him out is dedicated farming for resources, and even then, it's usually 20 minute runs. 

Would dropping Fast Deflection, Coolant Leak, and w/e build filler really be as bad as everyone says?

So carrier's vacuum mod is being split into 3 and able to be used on all sentinels? And each mod picks up a different object/energy/etc right?

now what if, just what if (and this is /hopefully/ unlikely but still) you cannot use all 3 mods, you can only use one.

Also, ha my first topic cx

Edited by RiotDragon

the whole game get a bit harder lastings, the droprate is good and i need my hands free for fighting, im also happy if i can use all my sentinels again if they carry ONE STRONG TYPE of vaccum, i dont wanna see mods or whatever for, we play hard, so this things should be a bit more easy, i loose even with the carrier a lot of loot behind because of the "enemy-spamming development politics" ^^) which i dont like really, i would be glad to get less enemies where i can use all duties of my frames, weapons, melee and skills

its nearly too late for ... and it was allready better in the past, dont screw warframe up, devs ... or do you wanna make me leave ?

Edited by Guest