Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salty over beam removal?

(PSN)mmcareen

Are people really that salty over beam removal on infested defense?  I was reading comments such as its a nerf, rip Akkad, its slowing down xp gain but its really not.  The XP is the same, nothing has changed about that in the slightest.  The only thing it does it make you move over to the container by the wall, have a ivara in squad, or god forbid... move around.  Does being made to move in a game really make people that salty?

Of course.

Certain players only care about the end reward and 'winning', gameplay is an annoyance along the way to be minimised as much as possible.

Shame, one day they'll realise that the rewards they care so much about are all there to augment the gameplay they seek to avoid...

What's funny to me is I've been playing Akkad like I always have, which is to melee only + Lifestrike to take advantage of the melee kill bonus. But Toxic Ancient Aura procs in the later waves tend to kill people hiding up on the rafters, and then I have to jump way the hek up there to res their butts as opposed to just walking over to res them. At least now when lazy people die it will be easier for me to res them. 

Edited by Gelkor

Finally someone with common sense!

Sorry but sometimes it feels like people whine about the silliest things.

I too am perplexed about the fact that there is salt about this. Sure, the beams made that particular Infested Defense easy mo-*cough* convenient but there are plenty of other methods to trivialize the mission.

Not to mention that good squad really doesn't need the beams or the container.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Wait , what beams ?

5 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

I am curious as well

Just now, Hesyol said:

Me too. What is this all about?

If you remember when you do a infested defense, the pod is in the middle off the big open room, and if you look up, there are 2 sets of beams that run from one side of the room to the other.  They removed those with the most recent update on PC

19 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Are people really that salty over beam removal on infested defense?  I was reading comments such as its a nerf, rip Akkad, its slowing down xp gain but its really not.  The XP is the same, nothing has changed about that in the slightest.  The only thing it does it make you move over to the container by the wall, have a ivara in squad, or god forbid... move around.  Does being made to move in a game really make people that salty?

Using the word "salt" just shows how much you really care about the situation. At this point you just want to see how many people you can fish up into your clickbait thread.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

If you remember when you do a infested defense, the pod is in the middle off the big open room, and if you look up, there are 2 sets of beams that run from one side of the room to the other.  They removed those with the most recent update on PC

This is why more people need to play Ivara, you can set up your own walkways.

Just now, Wevi said:

Using the word "salt" just shows how much you really care about the situation. At this point you just want to see how many people you can fish up into your clickbait thread.

actually I used salt because someone else said it in the comments off the update and to be honest too lazy to come up with a better word for it.  If you go and read the update comments yourself, you will said a LOT of people commented on how it adds to the grind, slows down xp farm, way more people then you would expect... at least I would expect over something so minor

3 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Ty! My god, I was thinking about beams (rays of light) not beams (parts of construction) xD

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I still haven't been on the akkad leveling train yet. How many waves does it take to get 100k focus? How long do people usually go?

idk about the 100k focus, but most people run to wave 20 for leveling and your frame/weapons can get pretty high with one run and a good group.or they go 5 for credits

People are salty cause DE refuses to give us CHAIRS those beams were a close enough proxy to sate our never ending pursuit of CHAIRS!

On a serious note yeah I dont get why people crying over beams on one node im pretty sure Berehenyia is still there and you can still use Akkad just stand/sit somewhere else cause the xp didnt change.

Edit: And someone said stealth lvling is also still there so again yeah no reason to really cry over..."beams"

Edited by Omnipower

9 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:
10 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I still haven't been on the akkad leveling train yet. How many waves does it take to get 100k focus? How long do people usually go?

Wait , people are actually salty about those "beams" ? Hmmmm weird .

I tried it to before just to see what its like, its no draco that's for sure.  But from what I heard from my alliance is if you don't go in with your own group you never know what wave someone is going to bail.  But PC would be different then PS4.