Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salty over beam removal?

(PSN)mmcareen

What's the point of the beams, anyways? My Atterax has more range and power than a Tonkor or Syn Sim anyways. 

Besides, the map rewards you for using a melee weapon and funnels the enemies into an easily-manageable area. It's literally less XP and less efficient to sit up there and shoot things. 

You're actively wasting affinity and time by doing it this way, and I find it hilarious that people got salty over DE practically encouraging them to do it the best and most rewarding way possible. 

3 hours ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

Been thinking this since I saw the OP's post. Didn't even know there were 'beams' when every member of the team tends to just chill up there on Infested Defense.

The container is now lower, and infested can go on it.

I grinded a lot on Akkad, and I'm fine with those changes, no more Tonkor/Kulstar semi-afk 

2 hours ago, Silvus-Sol said:

My issue with the beam removal has nothing to do with how people played, but with the structural integrity of the ship. I mean, they just yanked two clearly load bearing support beams out of place. That's just asking for trouble.

Honestly speaking I always thought they were more like rails for cargo transporting, calling them beams was just more convenient.

On 9/23/2016 at 11:08 AM, Skaleek said:

I still haven't been on the akkad leveling train yet. How many waves does it take to get 100k focus?

People try way too hard to not play the game they are playing.  With an affinity booster and a smeeta I easily get from 30k-50k focus in a Hieracon run to 1200 cryotic (ie not a very long run).  The variance comes from how often the cat procs the affinity doubling charm and how well that overlaps a convergence pickup.

It is just another case of DE pouring jet fuel all over the FUN and forcing players to play in their designated fun box.

However, I would rather everyone stop firing and let me slide melee spam with Secura Lecta, neckros and a 3hr credit booster. 

Edited by Pyus
This edit was an inside job

18 minutes ago, Aristical said:

but if you are just sitting there while other people do the work are you really playing?

Depends on the group, obviously in a pug such a person is being a useless sack of S#&$.

But it's another story in a group that starts such a run to help a friend level up quickly, by letting him leech.

I will not say your point is invalid, as it isn't, but a nerf like this, as well as Draco and any farm node before will always come over to me as DE saying we aren't playing the way they want us to.

This whole thing never was a problem or issue for me. Why, because I either played Ivara, had Galatine with Life Strike, or both. Ivara with Dashwire is obvious. Galatine with Life Strike allows you to regain health while killing stuff. Never needed to use the beams up top at all as long as I had one of the two.

From the silver grove update:

On 19/08/2016 at 10:32 AM, [DE]Megan said:

The Silver Grove 

Changes

• The Jat Kittag has received the PBR treatment!
  • Infested Runners and Chargers will now resort to a projectile attack only on the condition that they have no chance of melee attacking you. 
  • Infested Maggots will now only attach to targets after a jump if they are still in range (possible for target to move out of latch range between jump animation start/end

Infested Runners and Chargers will now resort to a projectile attack only on the condition that they have no chance of melee attacking you.

Huh.

That's peculiar. Exactly why was this beam change even necessary when we have this? Or did that change just not happen at all? Personally I have yet to see an charger/runner do any type of projectile attack.

3 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

From the silver grove update:

Infested Runners and Chargers will now resort to a projectile attack only on the condition that they have no chance of melee attacking you.

Huh.

That's peculiar. Exactly why was this beam change even necessary when we have this? Or did that change just not happen at all? Personally I have yet to see an charger/runner do any type of projectile attack.

Because in Infested defense they'll beeline for the cryopod smack dab in the center over players dangling above the ground.

They'll basically spit at you from a distance. Try wall-latching away from any objectives.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Because in Infested defense they'll beeline for the cryopod smack dab in the center over players dangling above the ground.

They'll basically spit at you from a distance. Try wall-latching away from any objectives.

fair enough. I never wall latch against the infested. just jump on their heads and wasd all over the place.

But I do stand next to/near the cryopod, and even when I'm next to the objective, the infested will still attack you over it.

So why isn't the ceiling bar not considered near enough to the objective? And why not just change the ai to target those on the bars? It'd be a lot cleaner than more invisible walls (or whatever they did to that infested map I don't play on it very often)

2 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

So why isn't the ceiling bar not considered near enough to the objective? And why not just change the ai to target those on the bars? It'd be a lot cleaner than more invisible walls (or whatever they did to that infested map I don't play on it very often)

Melee-focused Infested won't attack you at range if there is something they can attack in melee nearby (pod for instance). Would melee-infested have other target priorities, you won't be able to jump, wall-run,wall-latch in the presence of infested, because of their numbers and unusually high individual ranged DPS. It's like Detron crewman, a room full of those, they don't hide or take cover, don't reposition, they just shoot.