Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people keep using the stalker's color scheme?

(PSN)GrinnerChaos

4 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

They use the color scheme for the same reason they make a topic every week about how they want to join the Stalker or have a Stalker faction.

Because edgy.

...How...The Stalker spends every moment near you telling you you're a terrible person and trying to kill you. HOW would you join him is more important than WHY would you join him.

Better question, why is stalker use those colors? he clearly copy other people, and try to kill them to claim its his fashion sense.

i use whatever colors i see fit, if some weirdo stalker happens to use those as well, he can say hello to my bullets and run with his silly sword up his ***.

1 hour ago, BloodKitten said:

Better question, why is stalker use those colors? he clearly copy other people, and try to kill them to claim its his fashion sense.

i use whatever colors i see fit, if some weirdo stalker happens to use those as well, he can say hello to my bullets and run with his silly sword up his ***.

I can't figure out if this is a joke, satire, or legitimate narcissism.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)GrinnerChaos said:

I can't figure out if this is a joke, satire, or legitimate narcissism.

i used black and red in games since 2008, i dont see why they are "stalker" colors, its just an NPC that happen to use them as well, it was never stalker colors to start with.

2 hours ago, Katinka said:

Black and red are usually considered warning colours in nature, signifying poisonous or venomous creatures.

I thought it was bright colors on creatures that signify that this animal is something you really shouldn't eat (either because it is not edible or because it is poisonous)

Venomous creatures also tend to be a variety of colors (the only black and red venomous creatures I know of are widow spiders such as the black widow and redback)

I have been using black on characters since Halo 2, and people were edgelords LONG before Digital Extremes was even a concept, so don't even try to say "Stalker colors"  >_> 

Also, black looks good, red looks good. They look pretty good together.

More than that, it's a very simple and passable color scheme. Looks decent on most frames.

However, I like to be bright and colorful. None of my frames have black and red because I don't personally like it, but I can respect that other people like the colors. It's not a detriment to anyone playing, so I don't really see the point in actually questioning it or looking down on it. 

Naturally, it is funny to poke fun at it, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Why some people nitpick purely aesthetical choices of others?
I personally like & use black-red & gold bits. Is it because of Stalker? Nope.

I picked these colors before I even knew or recognized the Stalker. It fits my theme and that is about it. Is it good? Is it bad? It's in fact, neither. All it is, is a personal preference. The whole need of some folks to do the 'fashion police' is... amusing at best. Just let people do whatever they want with their 'frames. It's not like they're forcing you to use the same color schemes if you do not like them. :)