Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #81!

[DE]Rebecca

#1: Will old weapon types like Sword and Shield see some love soon? I'm really looking for some silvia & aegis buffs!

#2: Probably impossible to answer, but the next two primes due are (if I'm correct) Banshee and Valkyr. Does that mean that one or both of them will be seeing some love before their prime is out in the next 6 months or so?

#3: Will TWW bring any new endgame content to keep some of the higher MR's interested? If so, can you drop any hints?

This is about Volt. When you compare him to the other two starter frames, his role is a bit fuzzy. If you wanna shorten this for the sake of not saying all this crap, just look at the third paragraph.

You got excalibur, his rework made him a cc/damage frame, mostly on the damage side. 

Mag, her rework made her all about cc/debuffing. You can say damage as well, considering the properties of her magnetize bubble, but her CC/debuff wins out over her straight up damage. Although the damage has quite the potential.

And now, we have volt. Let me say I don't hate or dislike his rework, I just think that it still didn't make him live up to his tagline: a potent alternative to gunplay. Now, when I hear that, I think of him being a high damage caster, something like saryn. However, what we have is pretty much a CC/buff? frame. In my opinion mag's CC outclasses his due to its versatility, and excalibur actually beats him damage side by a large margin. Funnily enough, volt actually fits the role of the basic multiple role frame better than excalibur. His shock is still a rather weak damage but decent CC, and his discharge loses out on damage big time due to the entire armor class of enemies and the strange health damage limit. Are there any changes or thoughts to make his shock and overload scale damage wise? I remember the initial plan was that overload scales off of remaining health and shock could supercharge it. 

A hurricane is about to plow into where I live, so I probably won't be able to watch this stream, but I'll ask anyways.

I'm MR 22 on ps4, had all primes and event weapons. I recently started an account on PC, cause all hail the master race, and all its glorious Tennogen. While I know it's been reiterated multiple times, it still kinda sucks that of the 1000+ hours I have on ps4, there is nothing that carries over, no reward (I guess) for doing almost everything on ps4. No mods, no MR, no frames or weapons, no color pickers, not even the plat I have left over. I'm willing to grind all over again a 2nd time, but I just wish there was something for my time on my previous platform.

Edited by BentTheGent

1. Why do you stick to the vacuum mechanics with sentinels, why not just increase pickup radius instead? There would have been no loot flying after running Tenno (and Limbo in the rift, btw), thus no loot hanging in the air at the bullet jump height, less unexpected bugs like the one with Ayatan stars and Carrier, etc.

2. Single dagger Prime, did it even exist in the Orokin era, will we ever have an opportunity to obtain it?

Any info on the progress of the ash deluxe skin and zephyr deluxe skin?

Will there be more nightwatch enemies, or are the ones from the long shadow the only nightwatch enemies coming? 

Will normal bailiffs return as a normal enemy? Will artificers ever come back? Will datalysts ever come back? 

Hello DE
 I first off want to say I really love this game you've made and how you've allowed us to have a hand in shaping it as it grows. I've logged in many hours and fed in more money for plat than I can honestly recall in the last few years. I've had moments where I was pissed at this game but I've never hated it. Even with the Recent disappointments with the War Within I Don't hate the game at all. I have tried to make most of my forum posts be constructive even if I lack some of the elegance to my manner of speech that others have. Anyway enough of my rambling and to some questions and suggestions I have.

#1- Companion Commands -  I have been pushing for this for a long time, the Pet skills were the big point I was using to Validate why we need these. But now with the new Machete having relation to Djinn's ability I really think it's time to look into being able to set your companion on free use or Have you control when they use the non passive abilities. They could have cool downs or actually use the Energy listed on the Companions or something like that.

#2- Unarmed Melee - This got shot down when it was brought up on Dev Stream, But I'm Still pushing for it ... It's already programmed in the game. You don't need to make it super special. Just for times if we have no Melee equipped for Mesa or leveling and need or want to break containers without having to fire our guns and waste ammo ... more so if we are using a bow and the pox.

#3- Daggers/Dual Daggers - Mainly the Dual Daggers , why do these Weapon types have to suck ? Sure they are fast but it's not enough ... Covert Lethality made Daggers have a use .. but the duals ...ugh. The Sais are the best and the only prime is the sorriest prime next to the Sicarus.

#4- Staff/Pole-arm - Honesty I can't even tell the difference , the weapons look the same the stances all look and feel the same. These weapons I think need a Rework. First off Staves should be given long sweeping and vaulting attacks, Pole-arms given attacks that more use chopping or spinning moves. I think a Spear type should be added with lunging and swiping moves. If it's blunt , it's a staff, if it's bladed on the sides or at both ends it's a pole-arm, and if it's bladed at one side it's a spear.

#5- Glaive - The Holding mechanic ... Well I think it's needed for it's use in quick melee But I think if you Equip the weapon in hand you should just use the alt fire button to throw it... Same for the Whip Swords like Mios

#6- Alt Fire - Like mentioned in the previous point Alt Fire doesn't get lots of use. What with the wide array of weapons each one could have an Alt Fire, even if it's as simple as firing a single shot on a burst weapon or switching it to a different element or shot type. ( Syndicate Blast Effects Should charge and then given a button that Allows us to set it off when we want/need to )

#7- Quick Fire - Can we get something Like quick melee but for your guns when Melee is equipped?
Like changing the Quick melee button to fire your secondary weapon from the hip while your melee weapon is in your hand?
This would help with Melee focused players with getting through Grineer Energy Sapping doors or taking out other distant or flying objects without having to switch

#8- Dark SplitSword - To go with my Section on ALT FIRE The Dark SplitSword and any other Splitsword that may follow ( Heat Sword and Ether Sword I'm looking at you ... Perhaps a Fang and Pangolin sword type ) This Weapon type should have 2 Stance Slots. If you're worried about having 20 extra mod Capacity than just make each slot count for half or cap it at 10 extra. With both Stances equipped use the Alt Fire button to Switch stances one the fly MID BATTLE. They NEED this because as it stands , it's a nice idea but offers nothing to pick it over a heavy weapon or Dual Swords

#9- Archwing - With it now being more floaty, you need to look into adjusting the Revival system as aiming and Landing on your fallen squad members at speed is hit or miss ... I mean sometimes I'll stop right ON them and not be able to pick them up. Picking up Ayatan Stars in space is a pain in the butt too

#10- Sparring Weapons and Claws  - Like the Daggers there aren't many of these and what we do have aren't that great ... We could use more with more of them being stronger.

#11- Weapon Strength levels - Honestly with Every weapon type there should be an early game , middle, and end game version ... but we don't see that .. Every Machete barely scraps into early middle ... I dunno about the new one. some Clan tech weapons could use a boost .. like the Grinlok It should be as strong as the Marelok .. I mean the Marelok is a Sawed off Grinlok ... the Grinlok should be just as strong just with better Accuracy and a slower fire rate.

#12- Replaying Quests - Says it all , We've all been asking since the Second Dream ... can we please be able to ?

1.) Is there a possibility that each planet may have different types of maps/tilesets and/or themes? For instance: climates, structures, landscapes, environments, etc. (corresponding to the planet) I feel this would add more diversity to the game and give it a fresh feel to it, as well as reduce some repetitiveness regarding the usage of the same maps on different planets.

Hey, Reb! Dev team, I was wondering, any chance we can see "Tenno's First Sentinel" coming with The Index update? Or is it hooked into The War Within, because I ADORE the design, and with the new reworks to Sentinels, I want it in my hands ASAP!

2 quick questions if yall have time

Firstly, with all the changes that have been made to The War Within, are the trailers/teasers we've been shown still relevant? (Not asking for spoilers or another one, though at this point, I think that might help rebuild some of the bridges you've burnt with the community, especially with veterans)

Secondly, and I know this might be asking too much, but please tell us as much as you can about how this quest will improve on The Second Dream. Because in my (and many other players') opinion, yall dont need to just simply match The Second Dream; with how long we've waited yall need to blow it out of the water.

That being said please keep up the great work. Harsh feedback isnt fun but you wouldnt be getting it if people werent passionate about the game

PS. I know everyone in the thread is probably saying this but PLEASE hurry it up with The War Within!

Excited for another DevStream! My question for this stream is about the Embolist. A while back, you guys did an amazing rework of the Ignis and ever since it has been one of my most used Primary weapons. The base handling of these two weapons is extremely similar, but Ignis is far superior to the Embolist since its rework. Will you please revisit the Embolist in the near future and give it the love that you gave the Ignis?

My question is about trials!

So I know that trials aren't the most popular mission type for various reasons and we'd be lucky to get one at all, but I've always wondered if you guys have ever considered the possibility of adding a raid or raid boss to Warframe that is "solo-able" or solo player friendly. Trials by nature are meant to be teamwork oriented, but of course, not everyone has a full squad to complete them with. Maybe if raids had a lower player count requirement, they'd see more play? Personally, I have always liked the idea of a boss or mission that's incredibly challenging to the point where teamwork is encouraged, but is also completely possible to solo if the player is skilled enough. 

Thanks!

Edit: Also, pump-action shotguns when?!

Edited by RRizMa

When will Mouse K'Teer sell something useful? How about those rare-as-hen's teeth relics that disappear so quickly from my stash due to the vagaries of RNG? Then give us the ability to truly "refine" them by letting us spend, say, 200-250 traces to refine them. Once cracked open in the proper mission, we can choose any of the 6 listed items, repeat,ANY of the 6. Once chosen, it will appear for the rest of the party to choose. As it stands now, even after using 100 traces, the rare is still the rarest and only seems to show up after one no longer needs them.

Are there any plans for a Valkyr rework or is she the way you guys want her?

What about an upgrade to Kubrows? This may just be because Kavats are new but it seems they outshine Kubrows in ever way. Still a dog person for life though Woof woof!

PS: You guys are doing an amazing job and I know any changes to the game whether big or small are with the best intentions. Warframe is easily one of my favorite games of all time. Thank you for all your hard work!

Edited by (XB1)ElGordo94