The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, GracefulMoon said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you put the option in -- but we're kinda back to square one, now. Vaccum is a required mod for all sentinels now, i mean, why wouldn't you put it on? 

This is just being really fickle for a simple change, just add 12m vaccum range by default and remove vaccum alltogether

Again. I'm glad  you guys are responding to the criticism as fast as it rolls in, but sometimes I think the point is misinterpreted.

This not only gives us the option of using vacuum or not, but also allows us to choose how much range we want based on how many ranks we put in the mod.

People just get greedier and greedier. Yall got your 12m range back and it can be used with any sentinel not too mention all of them now have an extra slot. (assuming one of the 2 extra slots is being ises for vacuum mod). And people are STILL asking for more range when using the actually carrier sentinel. The whole idea was to decrease the use of the carrier usage and make other sentinels more usable. To get the massive 80% down. And its working. They will most likely work on kavats/kubrows having a vacuum effect now. Can't you little S#&$s be happy that the range is back AND you got an extra mod slot? Like jesus.... Be appreciative for once that you got what you wanted. Along with something extra. Who else is with me?

hmmm, nice step forward, very nice step forward, could still be better though, iv'e got a few ideas for that so here's my two cents:

1) remove sentinel attack mods, make them have innate max rank attack range, those mods are compleatly pointless, after all if you don't want your sentinel to attack you can simply not give it a weapon.

3) exilus slot for sentinels!, some things could fit in here, like vacuum, and coolant leak, and sanctuary, and some other stuff.

2) for pets, give them a mod that gives them a reduced range vacuum ('cus they can move around and will collect loot far away from you), this assuming they can pick up loot for you, as in they don't have to actually bring it back to you, just pick it up themselves.

4) exilus slot for pets too! MOAR EXILUS!

Edited by phazefox

3 hours ago, Raniu said:

That was a one swift reaction to the players' feedback. I wonder how many other companies listen to their players in the same fashion. Can't tell if it's good or bad. DE, you lack patience and persistence. Why revert a change you made almost instantly due to majority of the playerbase being so loud about it? It is your game not theirs. I don't say the previous solution was perfect but I say that we should've let it be for a little longer and seen the results.

Anyway...

Still no fix for:

• Orokin moon tileset puzzles showing correct order for the host only sine... ever

• arcane rewards being different for reconnecting players since SotR

Also. Polar Glaxion skin PBR when? :S

This is inaccurate. It is the paying user base's game. The game serves no purpose if it doesn't generate sustainable and surplus revenue within certain margin. Severe changes could lead to mass quitting, this has occurred countless times for online games in the past. The vacuum change is a particularly longstanding and hot topic and was a big enough deal to result in such backlash. What you are suggesting is a great way to bury a game. This is especially true when the company has failed to answer the community regarding the topic for several years... The are looking at the results currently and it is better to work progressively in this situation then dramatically in the opposite direction from what has been requested for several years now.

First I would like to say thank you for listening to player feedback regarding Carrier vacuum. You have always proven how deeply you care about the players as much as you care about the game itself. My hope is that the decision was not influenced by threats from the community. I view all of DE and the Warframe community as my Tenno family and enjoy interacting with you when possible. You always have shown such class and genuine interest in what we have to say and I just wanted to give you a sincere thank you for providing me a place where I can relax and have a great time with people I care about while taking a break from the stresses of daily life. 

2 hours ago, PotatoPrincess said:

I know, but don't you think threats, nasty comments, etc. are going a bit too far? I get a normal suggestion, or a pouty comment, but this time we did go overboard.

No-one should ever,

threaten anyone. (unless that person is trying to harm them physically)

or send nasty stuff, (pictures of privates ect)

18 minutes ago, phazefox said:

hmmm, nice step forward, very nice step forward, could still be better though, iv'e got a few ideas for that so here's my two cents:

1) remove sentinel attack mods, make them have innate max rank attack range, those mods are compleatly pointless, after all if you don't want your sentinel to attack you can simply not give it a weapon.

3) exilus slot for sentinels!, some things could fit in here, like vacuum, and coolant leak, and sanctuary, and some other stuff.

2) for pets, give them a mod that gives them a reduced range vacuum ('cus they can move around and will collect loot far away from you), this assuming they can pick up loot for you, as in they don't have to actually bring it back to you, just pick it up themselves.

4) exilus slot for pets too! MOAR EXILUS!

All of my YES!

Hi Megan (and other DE staff):
There's already been instances of players asking why their Vacuum mod isn't working, as they may not know that the old Vacuum was converted to Ammo Case and that their new Vacuum mod is unranked.  I recommend changing the name of the new Vacuum mod (at least temporarily) to something similar, like "Universal Vacuum", so that people will know that this is a new mod.

3 hours ago, Raniu said:

That was a one swift reaction to the players' feedback. I wonder how many other companies listen to their players in the same fashion. Can't tell if it's good or bad. DE, you lack patience and persistence. Why revert a change you made almost instantly due to majority of the playerbase being so loud about it? It is your game not theirs. I don't say the previous solution was perfect but I say that we should've let it be for a little longer and seen the results.

Anyway...

Still no fix for:

• Orokin moon tileset puzzles showing correct order for the host only sine... ever

• arcane rewards being different for reconnecting players since SotR

Also. Polar Glaxion skin PBR when? :S

Will.. DE can Start Think to change something only after 3 years that make them the lazyst and slowest

Ok  first thing I need to say is, I'm extremely grateful for you, DE, doing what overwhelmingly large playerbase are considered smart move. I do think so too.

See, the main point everyone like about this isn't you giving us vacuum, it is you giving us CHOICES.

Now if we want to use vacuum, we can.

If we do not want to use vacuum, we also can.

That is the only thing we even ask for : freedom of choices

Hater can CHOOSE to not use vacuum if they're so fixated on walking to the loot. Let us CHOOSE to use vacuum. We don't force you, so don't force us.

Lastly, since appreciation need to be shown, I declare that first thing I will do after logging on to the game today will be buying plat. Yes, even despite the fact that I already own few thousands of plat and owning everything in the game already. I will show my appreciation for this update so you know satisfied player will continued to support you back.

41 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

People just get greedier and greedier. Yall got your 12m range back and it can be used with any sentinel not too mention all of them now have an extra slot. (assuming one of the 2 extra slots is being ises for vacuum mod). And people are STILL asking for more range when using the actually carrier sentinel. The whole idea was to decrease the use of the carrier usage and make other sentinels more usable. To get the massive 80% down. And its working. They will most likely work on kavats/kubrows having a vacuum effect now. Can't you little S#&$s be happy that the range is back AND you got an extra mod slot? Like jesus.... Be appreciative for once that you got what you wanted. Along with something extra. Who else is with me?

I don't see how any of this decreases the use of carrier. What other sentinel has an ability that compares with free ammo? If any thing its going to make people to use carrier more.

Thank you for listening to the feed-back!

On behalf of a large portion of the player base, I would like to sincerely apologize for the vocal minority that made you include "death threats" in your update notes.

I hope you always have enough feedback to realize that they do not speak for most of us.

Still wish Vacuum 12m range to be Warframe Passive! I would use my Kavats/Kubrows much more often this way. Scratch that, I would actually use them, instead of keeping them in the Ice Box.

Edited by Czin
typo