Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you say if DE put... Arcanes in Sorties?

_Rue_

Here is the problem, and I am voting no and here is my point of view:

1) If any of the USEFUL arcanes are in there, the price will drop. This is going to give me another reason to just leave the game if raids don't give anything rewarding (besides times, yea I'm one of those guys).

2) If they are common arcanes (Deflection, Resistance, Consequence etc), then I will stop playing sorties because an arcane is worse than endo if it's arcane healing. 

Would like to see Arcanes in the sortie list quite a bit.   A common set in the section section with the Nezha and lens so a player that runs daily will get a set by the end of the season. Maybe in 2's.   Then random uncommon and a random rare, with the appropriate drop chance in the section above that can only be acquired once the bottom part is done.  

So a set a season of common that are relatively unsaleable anyway.   Then when done with the checklist, a chance at a random uncommon or rare.   Drop chance for uncommon, a little better than Taters, but less than Endo.   Chance for rare, better than Legend Core but worse than Taters and Exillus. 

Legend Core - Rare Arcane - Catalyst BP - Reactor BP - Exillus BP - Uncommon Arcane - 4k Endo - 2k Endo

Counting the current season, at 52 days and counting, we have had 313 days of sorties.   In that time, I have got less than 10 items from the top that were not Endo (Cores).  So will this hurt trading of them, no, I don't think it will.  

11 hours ago, _Rue_ said:

perhaps the first run... then the next season they're till there... well i think you know what happened to Nezha parts...

You can get an Arcane Grace Set in 5 days if you're lucky enough

Being only able to get 1 of a certain arcane per season (Even if it came back next season) is stupid, it should be a repeatable reward.

And like I said, it should have different buffs from already existing arcanes

55 minutes ago, _Rue_ said:

I still see a lot of short sighted replies that put exclusivity vs awareness and generating interest.

I definitely agree that dilution and the execution of arcanes via this method would have to be addressed.

new arcanes in sorties would be cool but removing or bringing "Arcane Avenger, Grace, Fury, Energize, Barrier, Aegis" into sorties or the other ones would make these less value able and give players yet ANOTHER reason to not get into raids. The people that agree with OP are people that don't want an intro for raids but a substitute. Raid School Bus already offers a ride into a raid and learning mechanics. 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

It's a good idea. Since you can only get one of arcane per sortie season, which last seemingly months these days, it would hardly touch the economy and players would still have to do trials if they actually wanted more than a handful of arcanes a year.

Edited by Ghogiel

3 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Why should players who haven't dedicated the time and investment to complete the raid be rewarded the same as those who have?

Put in the time and effort and you'll reap the rewards. Stop looking for shortcuts. 

In terms of raids, Law of Retribution is super stagnant the player created meta for it is so set in stone that using any frame that doesn't fit it would likely incur the wrath of the raid leader. Even worse the only part that I could consider challenging is the hijack portion which takes an already familiar in game mission type and adds some more pizazz to it. The only potential hard thing about the rest is that its largely unfamiliar from a majority of the game play experienced in Warframe, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a button sitting, panel hacking, battery/bomb carrying snooze fest, and Vay Hek typically goes down so fast, and in such an anticlimactic fashion, its really disappointing. The rewards are nice enough to give something of an incentive to actually play it.

Sorties change daily, and bring in three already familiar missions, but with a twist and an escalating enemy level. The problem is that the rewards are really meh. The seasonal weapons tend to overstay their welcome. The lenses are kind of ok. Nezha is a very cool frame, but unless you plan on building him multiple times it sorta becomes redundant. There should only be one endo reward in there. The exlius, and orokin reactor/catalyst are great, but in my experience these don't exactly drop much (still haven't got one from sorties). While throwing arcanes into the reward table won't fully fix the problem, it will at least address some of it. Raids on the other hand have a whole bag of problems (LoR at least) and I really only glossed over some of its issues, a detailed examination is for another time and another time.

I don't really do good summaries/tl;drs otherwise this post would have been shorter.

On 10/10/2016 at 9:38 AM, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Or they could rework Trials to not be CC switch standing tedium contests where the only way you could fail is randomly getting nabbed by a scorpion or manic. I brought my best weapons to.....not use them? I get more of a stretch from sorties. I drop more mags into a single nullifier shield than the entire nightmare raid. Not even going to go into detail about slapping a poo ball around while Jordas talks to himself for half an hour.

Yeah, the Raids are utterly terrible game play experiences. Just...ugh. no way I would ever run one again.

4 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Why should players who haven't dedicated the time and investment to complete the raid be rewarded the same as those who have?

Put in the time and effort and you'll reap the rewards. Stop looking for shortcuts. 

Because Raids are awful, boring tedium and we want to actually enjoy ourselves instead.

6 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Because Raids are awful, boring tedium and we want to actually enjoy ourselves instead.

While I agree that LoR gets repetitive, I think that the only way one can dislike JV is because you haven't given it enough dedication to memorize the maps. JV is the most fun I've EVER had in WF (Apart from quests)

According to the wiki:

" Although Raid missions are officially removed, it is still possible to get this mission as secondary objective, along with the artifact drop rate."

Is this incorrect? Looking at my Navigation menu, I do not see an option for Raids. I have Quests, Alerts, Invasions, Syndicate, Void Fissures, and Sortie. Perhaps Raids are only offered once in a while? "It is possible" allows for infinitely small odds, as we've all seen.

If Raids have been removed, then why the objection to attaching the award to another mission type?

Edited by DEATHLOK

Raids are something you need to get good at. Even though you may think they are boring, it's the only thing for me that doesn't make me leave. DE has nothing to do, but raids provide exclusive rewards that create a challenge. The challenge is TIME. Trying to get a faster and faster time is what got me hooked. Currently my PR is 11:02 Normal and 11:33 NM IIRC. Raids rewards should not be given to people that don't want to do raids. I mostly go for the time, but raids are special because of arcane enhancements.