Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone else not use a stance with their weapon?

(PSN)Magician_NG

I'm a little late to the party in regards to slash procs.  I never knew, I always just assumed it was elements or bust.  Anywho, I recently grew tired of my beloved Obex because they just wouldn't perform well once I got to enemy level 50+.  There comes a point where no amount of crit damage+blood rush+body count can help your impact weapon against armored enemies.

So, I find myself back to the old favorite, the dual cleavers.  (prisma dual cleavers for the extra power creep goodness)

Unfortunately, both of the dual sword stances are awful.  Slow, overly long combo animations that would certainly result in my death.  What do I about it?  Simple, I don't use a melee stance.  Sure I lose out on the extra damage and the mod capacity increase, but now I'm no longer stuck in combo animations.

Speed kills, tenno.  Don't let yourself believe you have to use a stance with your melee weapon.  You might be surprised what you see.

Or...I might be just a silly, old tenno.  One who desperately wants a sparring weapon with slash damage.  Kickboxing glass knuckles....anyone?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

There comes a point where no amount of crit damage+blood rush+body count can help your impact weapon against armored enemies.

Tried this? I have never used it so I don't know how well it works but it could be worth a try?

latest?cb=20160504204756

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Tried this? I have never used it so I don't know how well it works but it could be worth a try?

latest?cb=20160504204756

Shattering Impact? Yeah, that'd ruin anyone's day if they rely on armor... coupled with the fact Impact is the best out of the IPS triangle for shields and even bosses'll have a hard time of things.

46 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

(Vaykor) Sydon has unique spear (thrust) animations without a stance, so that's pretty neat.

but what's the point? although they are unique, Lesion Orthos Prime Tipedo are all much better choices. In LoR the passive is worthless it won't proc while you complete pads on stage 2

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

but what's the point? although they are unique, Lesion Orthos Prime Tipedo are all much better choices. In LoR the passive is worthless it won't proc while you complete pads on stage 2

The point is, it's pretty neat. That's enough for me.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:
Spoiler

I'm a little late to the party in regards to slash procs.  I never knew, I always just assumed it was elements or bust.  Anywho, I recently grew tired of my beloved Obex because they just wouldn't perform well once I got to enemy level 50+.  There comes a point where no amount of crit damage+blood rush+body count can help your impact weapon against armored enemies.

So, I find myself back to the old favorite, the dual cleavers.  (prisma dual cleavers for the extra power creep goodness)

Unfortunately, both of the dual sword stances are awful.  Slow, overly long combo animations that would certainly result in my death.  What do I about it?  Simple, I don't use a melee stance.  Sure I lose out on the extra damage and the mod capacity increase, but now I'm no longer stuck in combo animations.

Speed kills, tenno.  Don't let yourself believe you have to use a stance with your melee weapon.  You might be surprised what you see.

Or...I might be just a silly, old tenno.  One who desperately wants a sparring weapon with slash damage.  Kickboxing glass knuckles....anyone?

I currently use Prisma Dual Cleavers for Melee as it has fast attack speed , syndicate mod that gives it the effect and high crit chance that makes it great with combo based mods tho i normally dont wield the weapons in hand directly, using it only with the Quick Melee attack wile using some of my other weapons since the Stance, despite giving me extra Mod points, makes my attacks with it slower and the combos tend to throw me into the middle of the enemies which many times in Sorties means death.
I have been considering alot removing the stance and adding two extra Formas to it so i can use my build and take advantage of the Justice Proc.

If you Quick Attack with the nunchaku, your Warframe sits at a perfect standstill. No annoying forward steps or awkward lunges. You have total control over your movements. 

It is absolutely wonderful for stunlocking a Bursa until it dies (and most other enemies for that matter).

I didn't know Shattering Impact existed, so I am now going to switch to the Shaku from the Ninkondi. It is faster, and Primed Fury + Berserker will strip armor even on Sortie enemies. Color me excited lol

I always equip a Stance Mod if only for the extra capacity it brings, but as to actually using the combos, most often not.

That mostly though due to generally running with guns and simply using the Quick Melee attack, and also because I really like to use Polearms too.

One thing you can do that I didn't notice anyone mention with a quick glance over the responses is that even if you're going "Melee Only" you can equip a Scanner and make use of the Quick Melee rather than the combos that way.

Very nice for using Polearms and could be handy for other things as well in order to get the extra Capacity but totally avoid using any Combos.

I always use a stance. I'm a space ninja, so I want flamboyant fighting styles, basic swinging and stabbing is better in FPS games and the like; it doesn't suit a super powered space warrior who has mastery of all weapons.

regarding Dual Swords, Swirling Tiger all the way. way faster combos. Crossing snakes is total garbage because it makes Dual Swords WAY too slow to be reliable.

3 hours ago, Torhque said:

I didn't know Shattering Impact existed, so I am now going to switch to the Shaku from the Ninkondi. It is faster, and Primed Fury + Berserker will strip armor even on Sortie enemies. Color me excited lol

I have an Anti-armor build on my Shaku too: Corrosive element, Shattering impact and max attack speed. strips a Bombard of his protection before you can say "Tenno Skoom!"

5 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

theres no benefit of not using them ...it gives you extra mod slots.

16 hours ago, Xekrin said:

latest?cb=20160504204756

I forgot about that one.

I gave it a try last night, it worked well.

Even though the status chance on the Obex is a little low this mod did well in destroying armor.

11 hours ago, Slaviar said:

I always use stances. Never considered not using them.

Though I have a question- what build are you using on your Obex if it falls off at lvl 50? It's not top tier weapon but how on earth does it falls off that quickly?

True Steel / Organ Shatter / Primed Fury / Berserker

Blood Rush / Body Count / Primed Pressure Point / Primed Heavy Trauma

...but after testing Shattering Impact last night it did make a difference, although I had to swap out Primed Heavy Trauma.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

True Steel / Organ Shatter / Primed Fury / Berserker

Blood Rush / Body Count / Primed Pressure Point / Primed Heavy Trauma

...but after testing Shattering Impact last night it did make a difference, although I had to swap out Primed Heavy Trauma.

Well, no wonder you were doing no damage. Elementals are main source on majority of enemies, especially armored

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The sooner DE removes flat damage mods, like primed pressure point, with damage 3.0 the sooner I can put an element on my build.

Yeah but problem is you won't deal enough without them. I'd get rid of True Steel and Primed Heavy Trauma and add elemental combo

19 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Maybe an obex prime would help?