The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE are you pushing us to play SOLO ?

(XBOX)Oussii

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

So that's your solution for the problem, Go solo? instead of fixing that mechanism?

FYI, i do solo most of the times, but at the end, as a wise man once said: even in heaven when you are alone it's BORING.

well yes, since the fixes you're asking for will take time, assuming they ever happen, which seems unlikely. seems to me you're quite unlucky with the games you join, and you could always just back out and keep trying until you get the right lobby for you.

1 minute ago, Hesyol said:

It's also very irritating during syndicate missions. They drop you into the middle of the mission and you can't tell how many medallions party has already collected, which places they searched already or even where is the start of the level. Not only I miss some items, but I get super disoriented too. And why can't you pick items someone picked before you joined? No idea!

So ofc there MUST be a "host" option. Or at least game shouldn't connect you to missions that are going for too long

and that's where solo solves the problem once again. now you can hunt for the medallions at your own pace without worrying about others. of course if you disagree that's fine, more medallions for me i guess ;)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

and that's where solo solves the problem once again. now you can hunt for the medallions at your own pace without worrying about others. of course if you disagree that's fine, more medallions for me i guess ;)

Well I don't care THAT much about medallions. I'm ok with missing few. So if I get teamed with a person who doesn't want to look for them I'm ok most of times. I just grab what I can. But if get dropped past 4 minutes into survival there is just no reason to continue. I can't tell where did they search, etc (what I said already)

Also, sorry, but if I have enough good solo games to play. I like playing pugs. You never know who you will run into, it's fun for me. So I want this game to be more playable as online game, not solo

Solo is of-course a better option which I do follow for some of my favorite missions like hunting medallions, ayatan treasures, void sabotage mission+argon farm etc but again this is not an option for the usual gameplay warframe offers, its a co-op game and that being mentioned says it all. Better or at least smooth ping net connection is a must to enjoy this kind of games. Connect well play hard.

I always keep a back up connection just incase my first one messes up with the game. No compromise with Warframe.

Edited by AhmadIYE

I haven't had a problem with joining missions near the end but I do have a few other problems with players in the relic missions. 

The amount of people that join without a relic is starting to annoy me. It's got to the stage now where I have to check before doing anything and if anyone doesn't have one, i'll leave. 

The other is people standing around AFK. Not just in relic missions, it's been happening a lot in general but it's more annoying in relic missions because they never unlock their relic. 

It's still better than the old endless grind by leaps and bounds. Having to carry AFK'ers through those was painful, at least they don't get anything now. I prefer this system far more than the old and it's what brought me back after the endless grind sucked all the fun out of it. 

It just needs a few more tweaks to make it better. No relic, no join and the AFK kick needs massive tweaks. 

9 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I haven't had a problem with joining missions near the end but I do have a few other problems with players in the relic missions. 

The amount of people that join without a relic is starting to annoy me. It's got to the stage now where I have to check before doing anything and if anyone doesn't have one, i'll leave. 

The other is people standing around AFK. Not just in relic missions, it's been happening a lot in general but it's more annoying in relic missions because they never unlock their relic. 

It's still better than the old endless grind by leaps and bounds. Having to carry AFK'ers through those was painful, at least they don't get anything now. I prefer this system far more than the old and it's what brought me back after the endless grind sucked all the fun out of it. 

It just needs a few more tweaks to make it better. No relic, no join and the AFK kick needs massive tweaks. 

Wanna add my one cent here, often heard people complaining these issues mentioned but I never had such an unfortunate opportunity to encounter these people. I do play in Europe, Asia, East America servers changing time to time to catch the crowd but never found these kinda players in pugs. Always tend to play my own game in my own pace and provide support to others when needed. There are bad people everywhere but despite that, to me old void was far more precious and enjoyable than this modern relic-waste management system. You gotta waste BIG time to get SOME thing and even may not fulfill your needs as well. Good Luck buddy.

Edited by AhmadIYE

I made a similar thread about this issue. Supposedly it's about laggy host players sending out packets too late making it so we join a game that has progressed quite further than the packet indicated. Is this true?

In the past I never had this problem or was I simply lucky to never join hosts with bad internet?  Strange thing is, the game themselves never lagged (despite being seconds away from failure) and the loading time was not very long either.

20 minutes ago, MystMan said:

I made a similar thread about this issue. Supposedly it's about laggy host players sending out packets too late making it so we join a game that has progressed quite further than the packet indicated. Is this true?

It's possible, the amount of times the 'find group' cycles on busy events shows theres an issue with 'syncing' with the server imo, but it's also possible that the 'performance improvement's' that the dev's are doing of late could be making things more laggy for some players.  I've actually noticed more instances of bad hosts since these improvements (as mentioned in patch notes) than before them and nothing has changed on my end.  Now obviously it could be pure coincidence but the timing does seem a little too good to just be that. 

3 hours ago, Ailissa said:

I actually once had the game glitch on me and remove my relic before we began, so mentioning a lack of relic might not be a bad idea.

I tend to stay on invite only and offer to bring people along on whatever mission because the public matchmaking has many issues on xbox. 

Yesterday went public to run a few fissures, and had three in a row where it put me into the tail end where the squad all had 8 or more of the 10. Went right back to invite only.

A good solution would be some sort of coding where anyone in the squad picks up 3 and it will show objective conplete and not match new players in. 

To the OP, I play daily and am always willing to run stuff, just pm me in game.

I have a problem when people use Ember in exterminate missions and kill all the enemies before they're corrupted. Especially when they are fewer enemies very often have too few reactant. Spawn rate in sabs is too low also - you have to hang around and hope everyone else waits if you've come in late...

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

anyone who says playing Solo is a bad thing just doesn't see the benefits. it's definitely better than counting on random players who turn out to be, well... lacking in the skills department.

There are plenty of reasons to go solo, but it is an multiplayer game and I do like seeing and playing with others, even if some are more trouble than they're worth.

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- you can pause the game, great if you need to go AFK for whatever reason.

A point, but if it's important enough to pause, I won't hesitate to dump a game. I'll will be back and can start another.

8 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- you can go at your own pace, if you don't feel like rushing through the mission.

I can in regular games and geneally do. Again, a point, but making rushtards wait at extraction is one of those little pleasures in life, especially when they flip out because of it.

- you can scan and do activities like Principle Rooms at your own leisure.

These are the best reasons to go solo. If it's critical to see what's going on, I am going it alone. Also, if there's narrative, it's going to be solo, period.

The rest is pretty much covered by the above. Sometimes it's best to go solo, but other times you do want others around. Granted, some are annoying, but many are not and you will be missing out on what is really one of the better features of the game.

anyone who says playing Solo is a bad thing just doesn't see the benefits. it's definitely better than counting on random players who turn out to be, well... lacking in the skills department. benefits include:

- you can pause the game, great if you need to go AFK for whatever reason.

- you can go at your own pace, if you don't feel like rushing through the mission.

- you can scan and do activities like Principle Rooms at your own leisure.

- you don't have to worry about Metaheads/Leechers/noobs ruining your game experience by constantly going down, or blazing through without giving you a chance to get kills.

- no worries of connection issues.

- you can truly test your own levels of skill, and see just how much you can improve.

- you can test weapons/frames in peace on actual Tilesets, great if you don't have Simulacrum Access yet.

IMO, it's way better to go Solo when you can, and in todays world of online-only games, I'm all for anything that lets you kick back by yourself without the hassle of other players. consider playing Solo more often, it's a thrilling experience!

9 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

There are plenty of reasons to go solo, but it is an multiplayer game and I do like seeing and playing with others, even if some are more trouble than they're worth.

A point, but if it's important enough to pause, I won't hesitate to dump a game. I'll will be back and can start another.

I can in regular games and geneally do. Again, a point, but making rushtards wait at extraction is one of those little pleasures in life, especially when they flip out because of it.

These are the best reasons to go solo. If it's critical to see what's going on, I am going it alone. Also, if there's narrative, it's going to be solo, period.

The rest is pretty much covered by the above. Sometimes it's best to go solo, but other times you do want others around. Granted, some are annoying, but many are not and you will be missing out on what is really one of the better features of the game.

This two posts pretty much sum up my approaches to the game.  That said, OP does have a valid point.  It's an issue that DE might not be aware of and should be addressed when possible.  As much as I love playing solo, sometimes I do enjoy the random chaos that PuGs can provide. 

13 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Every single time i run a fissure mission (survival and exterminate), the mechanism puts me in a game where in:

survival:  4.30 min already passed, and within 30 sec the squad rushes towards extract

Exterminate: 90/95 enemies are dead

So either i have to abort mission or go to exit without any reward as most of the time either the squad does not wait or no more enemies to kill.

Can you please DE consider to fix this and don't allow us to join any squad if objective already achieved?

Does it happen to anyone else or it's just me and my bad luck?

You can't join a game that is already halfway done. They made that a thing a while ago so please edit your own thread.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dragon Martin17 said:

You can't join a game that is already halfway done. They made that a thing a while ago so please edit your own thread.

Check ALL the replies in this thread. It is very much happening to many of us regularly.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

fi

first i am on XBOX not a PC (i don't see the link here)

PS: i just noticed the beggining player lol.. my bad Bro

Second, you can rarely find a squad where they run intact, they all want radiant

And as per your post, so either i don't join random, or i play solo? or have to wait 15 min to find a squad?

the idea about this post is to point out something i am sure a lot of players are facing it, and it can be easily fixed.

Sometimes, my friends can't invite me to a game because objective has been achieved. why can't it be the same in this case?

How about you create your own intact  squad by asking for it in recruiting then instead of depending on some other host?  Or set your mission settings from public to Invite only instead, and simply ask any buddies or clan members you may have to do intact runs with you.

Edited by UrielColtan

19 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Every single time i run a fissure mission (survival and exterminate), the mechanism puts me in a game where in:

survival:  4.30 min already passed, and within 30 sec the squad rushes towards extract

Exterminate: 90/95 enemies are dead

So either i have to abort mission or go to exit without any reward as most of the time either the squad does not wait or no more enemies to kill.

Can you please DE consider to fix this and don't allow us to join any squad if objective already achieved?

Does it happen to anyone else or it's just me and my bad luck?

Im just curios, how you extract at 4.30 if you need to survive at least 5 min?

And, you can't extract faster than a one minute, if not everybody at extraction point.

Edited by -JT-_-R3W1ND

I think if they made the missions require player interaction again it would solve some of these problems ((yes auto complete passive missions are annoying DE, please revert your decision to destroy your fissure system to satisfy peoples desire to go fast and do little))

Personally I think they've hamstrung solo play in a lot of ways. ((reduction of mob counts based on team size, spawns in distant rooms behind the player forcing you to back track if you want a mob, but allowing you to avoid them entirely otherwise on some maps, Unresponsive ai that seems to push the mobs to hide and lock the doors rather than engage or seek out the player at all)).. You will find solo to be quite simple albeit you'll be alone but you can do the missions your own way most of the time and at your own pace. As long as you kill at least one mob every 15 minutes the map won't eject you. I'd suggest giving it a shot as it will insure you complete the missions you want and generally you wont find it to hard to get the primes you want any more so than in groups.