The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You better be joking about friendly fire

ShiraHagane

I run with two friends most often. One I play very well with, we're decent enough to stay out of the other's way. The other....well.... um......we've wanted to murder him for his play style for a while, now's the chance! Next time I take aim and his rear happens to be bouncing in my face or back and forth in front of me, oh well. BANG!!!

13 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

I wish theyd bring back no mini map.

Holy cr4p yes. That was the mode I absolutely adored, simply because it forced people to become aware of the actual environment instead of some blip in the top left corner of the map. Whenever Lotus says something like "we have to find", or "Locate X", I facepalm and think back to what we had back then. When we actually had to find the spy terminals to hack. Sabotage is a bit of a consolidation price, but I want to see a primary mission objective type requiring searching at some point.

31 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Can we destroy objectives in defense and mobile defense too? If not it's not that bad.

Nah.

Friendly fire is an awesome addition(that still needs a bit of balance - AoE weapons - but it only really works if you're playing with people that have enough respect for each other not to mow you down and walk away, which unfortunately excludes 95% of public games. I still would like to see it being kept, especially for the clan mission builder.

I played with a clan squad and it was really fun trying to not get in each other's way. It forced players to keep an eye on where others are and not just blindly spam their Spamulors and abilities. I enjoyed the experience.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

11 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Holy cr4p yes. That was the mode I absolutely adored, simply because it forced people to become aware of the actual environment instead of some blip in the top left corner of the map. Whenever Lotus says something like "we have to find", or "Locate X", I facepalm and think back to what we had back then. When we actually had to find the spy terminals to hack. Sabotage is a bit of a consolidation price, but I want to see a primary mission objective type requiring searching at some point.

Exactly, but players whined because they werent being lead by the hand so it was removed.

It's not that bad. I did kill [and was killed] my teammate a few times by mistake, either by him getting in front of my SomaP while I was firing, either by getting too close to me when I was releasing my Nyx's Absorb, but we revived each other and there were no hard feelings, quite the contrary.  

I'm laughing at the thinly veiled "git gud" responses in this thread. It's not about skill challenge/skill at all.

The friendly fire missions will definitely pan out as this:

95% griefers

5% players that forgot to change it to solo 

That said, I don't really care that they added it, I just would never play it out of solo because I'm not a masochist.

Edit: also, I would accidentally wreck everyone with my Orthos Prime sliding/spin attacks... :(

Edited by Dizzle22

So now I actually have to think and look carefully before I shoot or spam my abilities? That's outrageous!

Though, i'm sure that it wouldn't be too bad. Even if you aren't soloing or playing with friends, it still seems do-able and I think that it would only affect weapons and not abilities cause that would be rather ridiculous.

Edited by Haspitas

The very first "Friendly Fire" mission I joined there was one player with a Tonkor, and the other player had a Simulor. The moment Mr. Tonkor fired a shot, all three of us died in one hit. I left the game and solo'd it...

It's just like Radiation Hazzard or Spy missions, it's a must you solo it because randoms will ruin it every time.

2 hours ago, Haspitas said:

So now I actually have to think and look carefully before I shoot or spam my abilities? That's outrageous!

Though, i'm sure that it wouldn't be too bad. Even if you aren't soloing or playing with friends, it still seems do-able and I think that it would only affect weapons and not abilities cause that would be rather ridiculous.

I'm quite sure my simulor, tonkor, penta, ogris, kulstar, shotgun spread, AoE ability, AoE damage and general arsenal made-with-no-design-towards-accommodating-friendly-fire can think! Wow!

I Solo anyways, but even if you folks go 'git gud and use br4in boi' it doesn't take away the fact that 99% of Warframes and Weapons weren't made with the intention of friendly fire being a thing, and none of them were adjusted for the mode. Consider the map designs, how they work.

It wasn't a good decision, not a good one at all without the needed prep.