The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

The concept of synergy between two frames, up to the point where one frame's abilities can affect another's is very interesting indeed. Maybe the bard frame's "tune" can affect Banshee's sound quake and make its damage spike at certain beats or have a temporary range increases.

Edited by Archonos23
To save myself from Grammar Nazis lol

11 hours ago, Archonos23 said:

The concept of synergy between two frames, up to the point where one frame's abilities can affect another's is very interesting indeed. Maybe the bard frame's "tune" can affect Banshee's sound quake and make its damage spike at certain beats or have a temporary range increases.

thats a cool idea too...

I just hope DE read this idea tho :/

Edited by arifnur01

On 11/1/2016 at 5:06 PM, Heatnix. said:

Which is DE is making Warframe more colorful, more campy, more fantastical than it was. They really broke the envelope now and want it to be as playful as possible: Kids with powers, Warframes based on ridiculous themes, guns that shoot confetti.

People say I'm wrong but we keep getting these things. I guess they will say I'm wrong until they remove blood and gore "to not offend any of the young players". When that day happens I won't even want to say "I told you so".

"Campy and Colorful"? You need to reread the lore The Second Dream and The War Within introduced. That stuff is from a dark place. 

For all the energetic, 'playful' colors and concepts, there is a metric buttload of dark and disturbing stuff just beneath the surface. 

Given the possible interpretations of the warframe  themes, one could say that most of them have been inspired from fantasy sources: Excal as the Knight, Ember as the Pyromancer, Valkyr as the Beserker, and we already have a necromancer, thief and magician.

On 11/3/2016 at 3:54 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Gunna nitpick this:

The Ember Prime Codex gave no indication the kids were still kids; the logical conclusion at the time is the Zariman survivors went to a leper colony and grew up

With that out of the way, agree with everything else. Titania is less "fairy godmother" fairy and more "horrifying lurker of the beautiful forest" fairy. Inaros is a growling coffin monster that eats souls. The new weapons are still undeniably weapons, giant swords and infested scythes and vicious guns

The Ember Prime codex does indicate that the Zariman children were in fact still children when they were found: " 'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.' "

But yeah nitpicking aside, TARINunit9 has created an exellent point.

On 1/11/2016 at 11:06 PM, Heatnix. said:

Which is DE is making Warframe more colorful, more campy, more fantastical than it was. They really broke the envelope now and want it to be as playful as possible: Kids with powers, Warframes based on ridiculous themes, guns that shoot confetti.

People say I'm wrong but we keep getting these things. I guess they will say I'm wrong until they remove blood and gore "to not offend any of the young players". When that day happens I won't even want to say "I told you so".

i see the situation of colorful and campy in warframe like this

1 hour ago, SarcasticShepard said:

The Ember Prime codex does indicate that the Zariman children were in fact still children when they were found: " 'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.' "

I meant "no indication they were still kids during, say, Vor's Prize". Ember Prime codex happens like right after the incident

On 11/28/2016 at 1:45 PM, SarcasticShepard said:

"Campy and Colorful"? You need to reread the lore The Second Dream and The War Within introduced. That stuff is from a dark place. 

For all the energetic, 'playful' colors and concepts, there is a metric buttload of dark and disturbing stuff just beneath the surface. 

Given the possible interpretations of the warframe  themes, one could say that most of them have been inspired from fantasy sources: Excal as the Knight, Ember as the Pyromancer, Valkyr as the Beserker, and we already have a necromancer, thief and magician.

If you think that's dark... that's like... your misconception of the term and stuff. That's all I have to say on the matter since, if you don't get how playful the lore is with your current perception, nothing I say will change your mind.

lol those 2 quests are pretty much why I'm saying this. Just wait. In a year or two your operator will also become "the chosen one". It's the one Disney movie cliche they're missing.

Edited by Heatnix.

Hello De!

You've annouce at pax new proggress on the new warframes. Since then we didn't have a lot of information. Could we have some information about the progress made so far. I personally would like to know a little more about the bard "symphony composer".

Thank you for reading my post!

4 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

know information - Infested frame will come out first. likely end of the year for pc. we also have a preview of how the step sequencer can be used for the Bardframe.

the bard one seems to have more mechancis development required , the step system for it requires more tuning then ingame application testing first is my guess 

Based on the amount of work they're putting in on Bardframe I think she'll most likely get [DE]layed until early 2017 to make sure everything is working properly and she is as close to the vision DE wants her to be whilst Infestedframe will be released sometime like mid-December given the relative "simplicity" of his kit (from what we were shown for the concepts).

Anyone got any info on the ETAs of the infested and bard frames? I hear the timescale for the Bardframe is roughly Feb 17. But if that's true, then that doesn't leave much time to release the infested frame if DE are sticking to their a quest a quarter timetable.

If I remember correctly, the plan was for at least one more Warframe to come out this year, ideally 2, but with only 3 and change more weeks in the year I don't see how that's gonna happen. Most likely we'll get one of them (probably Infested) toward the end of December and the other early next year. 

That said it is possible that they release them at the same time, like they did years back with Saryn and Banshee. I doubt that though because they said that Infested was coming before Bard at PAXAus if memory serves. 

Infested frame will be here in this month, the bard frame is supposed to be after that but before the end of the year? This could mean a very close call. OR we get infested frame and quests and early next month the bard frame?

3 minutes ago, IElitePredatorI said:

Last year we had 5 frames, this year 2 so far and it's almost the end of the year lol.

To be fair, the more we go into the game the less easy it is to find new ideas for frames, and make them work with all the game systems in place, and the less time they have with all the projects they have going. Still I am not making excuses for them, I am explaining.