Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

2 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

It's music, the stuff of imagination and creativity. With how Nidus turned out, I'm confident DE will learn from him and create another masterpiece.

Nidus has set expectation quite high, in my eyes, and probably in the eyes of many others. It'd have to truly be a masterpiece to hold a candle to him.

im just hoping the music we make will have some impact on the abilities we use. Like if I have a fast passe high pitched song going on and my friend has a slow low pitched song then id hope that even if we use the same ability that they will do something different from each other.

26 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

im just hoping the music we make will have some impact on the abilities we use. Like if I have a fast passe high pitched song going on and my friend has a slow low pitched song then id hope that even if we use the same ability that they will do something different from each other.

I hope not. The music should be a purely cosmetic thing or else people will try to find the best music according to their build.

probably not. Nidus is versatile and extremely powerful, able to do Damage, CC, self-heal and buff allies. if he could make me a nice cup of tea mid-battle, he'd be perfect, and would render every other frame redundant for me. (please install Tea-making software before he hits console DE!)

the Bard frame might be just as good, but I don't see him/her being better, at least not for me. me and my Mutagen-mad welsh clanmate are pretty hyped for Nidus, now that we know what he can do, so if we get an even better frame, we'll be dancing on the ceiling.

just waiting on all the bard lovers to try and recreate beats from real-life songs using the Step sequencer...

After seeing how well DE knocked Nidus out of the park, my expectations for Bardframe are set to being high, although, my biggest worry is that they'll just end up as another frame that isn't practical enough to warrant using.
I'd really like for them to be as well rounded as Nidus and be able to scale just as well.

Either way, the moment they do come out, regardless of whether they're good or just mastery fodder, I'm abusing the hek out of that step-sequencer.
Plus, from what we've seen, the overall design looks pretty neat.

6 hours ago, pauli133 said:

For me, the real question is which will be more annoying: Nidus bringing us space herpes, or Bardframe bringing us constant ringtones.

I'm gonna make the nokia ring tone, and spam the S#&$ out of it...

To answer the question, no, there's no way the bard frame will be anywhere near as good as Nidus - It's supposedly a support frame of sorts, so it'll likely have a specific role.

The speaker design we've seen on it look absolutely terrible (it stands in contrast to all other frames) so visually it's dead on arrival. Obviously that's a subjective statement, but it's hard to argue for it to be taken seriously. I can't shake the notion that it's a Lucio (Overwatch) inspired character that they think looks fun. Maybe you guys think it looks good, fun or interesting, I'll leave that up to you.

Image of the frame:

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

As for the sequencer, it'll sync up the music of several frames, so it won't be a cacophony of Nokia ringtones.
Personally I'll go out of my way to make it as annoying as possible while I play this gal, because I expect that's the most fun I'll get out of it. It'll be merciful as I'll probably shelve it after the mastery gain :)

Just to note - I'm not salty about this frame, there'll be new ones that'll appeal to me and I'm pretty happy with Nidus. OP asked for opinions and this is just my answer to that.

8 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

With how Nidus turned out, I'm confident DE will learn from him and create another masterpiece.

Doubts... "IF" DE learn from Nidus and create another master piece, they will ignore the balancing of all other frames.

DE, it's time to introduce this Nidus' Stacking mechanisms to all other frames!

Well...

Equinox good

Atlas ehhhh

Wukong good

Ivara good

Nezha ehhhh

Inaros good

Titania trash

Nidus good

Bard Frame ?????

I could be wrong but i don't think so especially with banshee being primed next most likely.

Edited by -Voltage-