The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Sentinels Immortal

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

4 minutes ago, Zachles said:

The timer should increase exponentially the more times it has to repair itself

I think that is counter-productive. In won't make any difference in low-level missions, but in higher level missions where they can get nuked instantly, it would ruin the entire point of them being revivable.

22 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

And all this until now was still easier to do than changing the title to suit the thread, right?

Yes.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I think that is counter-productive. In won't make any difference in low-level missions, but in higher level missions where they can get nuked instantly, it would ruin the entire point of them being revivable.

I agree with you, but that's why I said they need to be more durable than they are currently, to negate that becoming a major issue.

2 minutes ago, Zachles said:

I agree with you, but that's why I said they need to be more durable than they are currently, to negate that becoming a major issue.

Yeah,  There really needs to be a health gate mechanic in WF, but that is a topic for another thread.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

My carrier die only in level 100 sorties, or against sentients. Try put 4 forma in yours.

My Carrier P is more tanky than some of my frames.

1 hour ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

Maybe like having it limited to 10 "revives" or something like that.

i would rather it not be limited to x revives per mission....having an increasing timer is far better, especially if you get mobbed by high levels or (in a lot of cases) it gets destroyed while still loading in to a pug. There was one time where i was doing a pug inter, loaded in and saw that my sentinel had lost BOTH of its regen in the time it took to load in.

1 minute ago, xcynderx said:

i would rather it not be limited to x revives per mission....having an increasing timer is far better, especially if you get mobbed by high levels or (in a lot of cases) it gets destroyed while still loading in to a pug. There was one time where i was doing a pug inter, loaded in and saw that my sentinel had lost BOTH of its regen in the time it took to load in.

If a mission typically only lasts around 3 minutes, then it taking 30 seconds to revive is already well balanced. That's like a 6th of the mission. If you are playing long endless missions then your sentinel may get nuked repeatedly, and having to wait 5 minutes or so each time, defeats the entire purpose of the suggested change.

Neither is really needed. It should instead be balanced around the revive time.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

How about this. If a Sentinel gets destroyed. It doesn't explode anymore but falls to the ground. Then you can pick it up like a disarmed weapon and carry it around (the game simply needs to treat it as weapon in terms of gameplay ala what they did with the Operators in Second Dream). If you press your attack key, the Warframe goes into an animation were they charge it up with energy.

This repairs the Sentinel.

The longer you hold the attack the more energy the Warframe spends. If you let go early the Sentinel is still restored but only by a percentage of the energy you spend (2% for 1 energy).

Just a random idea to allow Sentinels to be revived, but reinforce the difference between them and Kubrows/Kavats.

On 11/4/2016 at 8:11 AM, Othergrunty said:

How about this. If a Sentinel gets destroyed. It doesn't explode anymore but falls to the ground. Then you can pick it up like a disarmed weapon and carry it around (the game simply needs to treat it as weapon in terms of gameplay ala what they did with the Operators in Second Dream). If you press your attack key, the Warframe goes into an animation were they charge it up with energy.

The longer you hold the attack the more energy the Warframe spends. If you let go early the Sentinel is still restored but only by a percentage of the energy you spend (2% for 1 energy).

Just a random idea to allow Sentinels to be revived, but reinforce the difference between them and Kubrows/Kavats.

I can't help but laugh at the mental image of beating grineer in the face with a half-dead carrier prime.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

30 is too long. You would be better off just making them immune to damage for 30 seconds after a revive.

that would work great for the current regen....I've seen my carrier get popped immediately after coming back from a regen due to a bombard missile or a Toxic cloud.

On 11/4/2016 at 1:01 AM, Hieracon said:

Or you know... you could just start paying attention to your sentinels health and drop health restores when its damaged. Its not that hard.

yeah, that stops working once you face level 30 enemies. One source of splash damage = dead sentinel. 

On 04/11/2016 at 0:11 PM, Othergrunty said:

I like this idea.

Then allow Kubrows/Kavats to be revived when you use a revive if they actually die.

and there we go lol everthing's fair and balanced

Regen can already be useful if it simply waits like 5 seconds, so that it actually Revives the Sentinel, and avoids the same burst of incoming fire Killing the Sentinel twice.
no need to completely change how the Mod functions other than having a Cooldown so that it doesn't solely make your Sentinel autonomous to have.

On 11/4/2016 at 3:28 AM, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The regen mod could be modified so that instead of it being a chance to revive under the old system

(Regen does not have a Chance to take Effect, it will instantly refill Sentinel Health up to N% of total Health)

On 11/4/2016 at 4:39 AM, Zachles said:

A repair mode would be cool, but that doesn't solve or negate the issue with their survivability.

The timer should increase exponentially the more times it has to repair itself, but ultimately this is only a bandaid solution. If they can still die easily, then I can just see them fully repairing themselves, getting one shot again, and then repeating the process.

certainly - repeated deaths has to have an increasing trend on Timer to 'Repair', elsewise one may just completely ignore their Sentinel and it manages itself.
the Player must be encouraged to avoid its death when possible.

like say Shields, Sentinel durability (and Pets to a much lesser degree) is considered poor due to lack of mechanics to interact with it.
create systems to engage the Player to interact with these Resources, and they can become more useful as the Player inputs more of themselves.

Fatal Attraction is a nice example, the Cooldown on the Ability can be reduced if the Player actively Kills entranced Enemies - a good engagement for the Player to make them want to participate with something, and are rewarded with increased effectiveness.