Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Cryo Rounds...

ograzzt

6 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Then you might aswell just use non primed Cryo Rounds xD

A reasonable suggestion.  For weapons where you can't fit both an elemental and a crit build using primed cryo rounds, don't use primed cryo rounds.  Use it only on weapons where you're only going to use an elemental build - any non-crit weapon.

9 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Then you might aswell just use non primed Cryo Rounds xD

No one uses it for the exact same reason. If it didn't add that massive damage bonus compared to any other Primary elemental mod I wouldn't even care about it. But now that there's an option for more damage, everyone who waited forever to get anything new, just anything, will rush to get it and have it maxed. 

Completely disagree with people who say "there's no pleasing some people" in the negative response to this because it is completely justified. It wouldn't be a problem at all if there was such a thing as universal polarity however and if you were allowed to switch the polarity on the fly. As it stands now, it is just an excuse to introduce something to either make people grind or use up resources. It works against you to slap a D polarity on something and some weapons can't even afford to make that much room to fit such a mod in. It also highlights a problems with the mods in general as you can already see how people feel about D polarity mods as is and how useless a lot of them are that it is a waste to make that much room for them.

The only way I could possibly make use of this mod is to make a whole new weapon that has forma poured into it for the purpose of dedicating it to that particular build. Great for DE but horrible and completely stupid for me. This should turn into an argument for universal polarity where you can forma all the slots of a warframe or weapon and change them between setups imo.

Can't see anything wrong in this time. Finally!

This mod fits nicely to all of my rifles what I use with Viral or Magnetic setups. I find this mod somewhat pleasing to have, because it gives great damage boost compared to it's regular counterpart.

Viral + Slash Grinlok never felt so good before.

Edited by Nordenfelt_

3 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Uhm, not sure about the mod honestly , I'm wondering if could take Bladed Rounds place on my Dread...

Yea it might actually be better to swap to it on crit weapons and use corrosive + cold instead of + bladed/argon. Then you could use them again when you go for Viral. Who knows.

But you will need 2 Dreads with different formas to min max like that

Edited by ViS4GE

1 hour ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Modding for blast damage isn't gonna do anything for you. It won't benefit the tonkor, just the ragdoll.

Status Chance =/= Elemental damage.

So yes adding more to a weapon such as the Penta/Tonkor/etc. that uses blast damage will increase.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow
Unless I'm miss understanding your reply.

3 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Status Chance =/= Elemental damage.

So yes adding more to a weapon such as the Penta/Tonkor/etc. that uses blast damage will increase.

No I was saying that to the guy talking about the tonkor. He thought because of primed Cryo rounds and hellfire boosting the blast damage was gonna increase the damage of the tonkor by a lot, when it'll only benefit the ragdoll, since blast ins't really a good elemental combo all around. I know status has nothing to do with elemental damage.

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

No I was saying that to the guy talking about the tonkor. He thought because of primed Cryo rounds and hellfire boosting the blast damage was gonna increase the damage of the tonkor by a lot, when it'll only benefit the ragdoll, since blast ins't really a good elemental combo all around. I know status has nothing to do with elemental damage.

Ahh okay that makes much more sense, disregard my previous statement then lol.

Thanks for the clarification!

God soo much QQ of a new mod which increases Elemental DMG. . .

No one is forcing you to accept that mod in to your builds. It's your CHOICE if you want to add it on or not. Otherwise you COULD buy it from Baro , rank it to max and let it collect dust in your mod collection.

As for those that use it for their Viral or Blast DMG builds.  Good on ya mate. Cheers! :satisfied:

2 hours ago, JazaJ said:

So you complain about DE bringing diversity to the game? Yes it's just one mod but who says that there wont be more D polarity mods soon(tm)?

Nothing pleases you QQ'ers on the forums. Gosh.

More diversity? I'm not complainig about the mod but this is not more diversity.

Also, who's to say that they will add D polarity mods? We haven't seen a whole lot in the past year.

And people don't have the right to complain now? K.

9 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

What if I want to use heavy caliber or some primed bane mod? What if a weapon I'm modding isn't crit based?

Warframe0235.jpg

Replace stormbringer with bane of your choice for that viral + heat + bane.

Can do similar thing with corrosive + cold + bane with this forma setup.

Edited by ViS4GE

Just now, ViS4GE said:

Warframe0235.jpg

Bad example - simulor doesn't even require another expensive mod - Split Chamber.

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

You might have to make a choice then! The horror!

What's the point of maxing weapon if it's impossible to fit all the mods I want anyway?