Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha: good frame or master fodder?

spatakiller123

Question

15 answers to this question

I  wouldn't suggest selling any Frame unless you've got the Prime to upgrade to.

Either way, Nezha is plenty useful / fun (wee slippy slide / teleports),
kind of like a Rhino with more mobility (also Health & status heals, FWIW)
who can not least share Iron Skin with the Squad if you so wish (i.e. equip the Augment).

18 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

Which should i do?

Well, if you are concerned with a limited number of frame slots, I wouldn't build him at all right now.  Get through all of you obvious deleting frames (vanilla with no Prime variant available) before settling on more permanent ones

All frames are "good" to one extent or another.  Each has a very dedicated fan base, frames like Oberon and Limbo, of which I just simply despise and would not bother with have loyal players who would happily feed me my heart on a platter for saying such things.

No way in knowing what frame you become passionate about until you play it for yourself.  

In short, all frames are "good" and worth keeping.

Unlike weapons, all Frames can be useful, especially if you practice with them a lot. Naturally, some will be better at certain mission types or against certain factions than others, though.

Nezha's good for whenever you need to be speedy without relying on powers. He's also a great pick for Rescue or Operative Defense missions if you have the Safeguard augment, since he can put Warding Halo on them. Safeguard's great for making specters more useful too.

Nezha is freaking amazing in my opinion. He is like Rhino and Ember had a child.

Some people don't like the "less friction" passive, but I think it's downright the most fun passive there is.

With his fourth ability, Divine Spears, you can go both for damage with power strength or for CC with power duration. And it also has great synergies with weapons with high accuracy and fire rate like the Rakta Cernos.

His third ability, Warding Halo, makes him quite survivable, if you have enough power strength and armor, plus the augment helps you give survivability to the team.

All around, he is decent in everything. You could call him Jack of All Trades, sort of like Oberon, and I honestly don't think that's a problem. You are fast, but you are no Volt. You are durable, but you are no Rhino. You have CC, but you are no Nyx, you have damage, but you are no Ash. You can heal, but you are no Trinity. You are not specialized in any class, yet you can perform them all at the same time with pretty good effectiveness. It's sort of like being a One-Boy-Squad. Do everything decently and you don't need anyone else, practically.

Edited by Gorila_Azul

Never sell frames because they all have their own niche/uses.  If you're worried about not having enough slots, don't build him yet.  

With that said, he's a wonderful, all purpose frame that can deal damage, do crowd control, and heal.  His Warding Halo augment Safeguard makes him even more valuable teammate.   I pretty much use him for most missions, but he really shines in sorties (especially radiation condition or sortie defense mission where you have to protect an operative), nightmare missions, rescue, capture, and survival.  He really is an underappreciated frame, but with the right build and play style he's pretty powerful and, more importantly, fun.

Nezha is quite good, but require change of playstyle. His survival rely mostly on his speed and mobility. Reduced friction allow you to jump onto specific enemy then slide out of range. You stay in spot - you are dead. Warding Halo adds some survivability, but its much weaker than Rhino. Heals from Chakram can be unreliable since you can miss, but it still can be used as teleport. Firewalker guards you from status effects. Divine Spears are amazing CC, since it pins out a lot of enemies. He lacks of damage abilities, but thats not a big deal.

From the comments im guessing nezha is a pretty good frame however i forgot to mention the biggest problem with collecting frames for me..I really dont have a lot of open warframe spots (I only have one left in fact) so im wondering if i should fill that last slot with nezha.

7 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

I really dont have a lot of open warframe spots (I only have one left in fact)

Trade some unwanted prime parts for plat... and then buy some slots.

As to nezha... honestly I'm going to go against the grain a bit here. 

While he is an ok frame, better than most in fact, I don't actually use him much anymore... although he works really well against infected :)  In the past he was my go to frame but then I got frames which I felt are better suited to the way I play the game...

Currently I seem to be grabbing nekros (prime), it has both crowd control and some survivability due to health conversion mod (up to 3x 450 armor boost), rhino if I want pure armor or my inaros..

13 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

From the comments im guessing nezha is a pretty good frame however i forgot to mention the biggest problem with collecting frames for me..I really dont have a lot of open warframe spots (I only have one left in fact) so im wondering if i should fill that last slot with nezha.

trade a lot...farm.trade.. then buy some slots...get rare  prime parts sell it.. buy what u like

I definitly wouldn't sell any frame unless I have the prime upgrade. If you want to commit a potato depends on how many you have, which other frames you have potatoed already and if you actually like playing him.
There are other frames like frost or trinity that are simply extremely good at what they are doing, so you probably want to potato them first. You might also consider keeping him until you have more plat and reactors, so you start to pick up all the frames anyway.

Steel fiber + quick thinking + flow works better on him to boost survivability than on other frames. Overall you want to keep your warding halo active as much as possible to absorb damage and then have quick thinking as backup.
When I play him I try to keep his 1 active all the time, so I can slide around as much as possible. It's a very different playstyle but it can be very fun.

58 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

You can easily get more plat by selling stuff you don't need. Syndicate weapons and mods are a very reliable form of income. Some prime sets/ parts are very valuable. Some stances and other rare mods give a decent amount of plat. You can also rank up mods and sell them at rank 10 if you have enough endo. If you don't know how much to sell for you should probably check out warframe.market.

Very flexible frame.  Firewalker OK and I have seen people fill entire maps with it on defense.  You can, with practice, make his thrown ring into a loki like teleport to get to odd places or to bypass obstacles.   Spears and invincibility make for a big aoe and tankiness.  

The only think I do not like about the frame is the double interrupting animation on the spears.   It costs you an animation on cast like most other frames but it costs you when the spears pull down too, interrupting your shooting.   And this will happen nearly every time at levels where the spears do not insta-kill everything.