Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan sculpture mission....

(XBOX)FISTO ROBOT0

Question

The Ayatan sculpture mission is rather frustrating.. It was not very clear where I was supposed to go during the "obstacle course" so I made my way to the glass door where the sculpture lay just on the other side, but alas, the door is closed..... Okay.. So I retrace my steps a ways back and then boom "mission failed"... 

Edited by (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0

20 answers to this question

I don't even bother playing this mission with how aggravating it is. Not a fan of the invisible timer. I still find sculptures hiding in levels normally (usually in Syndicate missions since I'm already poking around for medallions). Maroo's not getting one thin credit from me, though, so they'd just sit around in my ship anyway.

Just now, KirukaChan said:

I don't even bother playing this mission with how aggravating it is. Not a fan of the invisible timer. I still find sculptures hiding in levels normally (usually in Syndicate missions since I'm already poking around for medallions). Maroo's not getting one thin credit from me, though, so they'd just sit around in my ship anyway.

Thanks! I'll try sculpture missions. And I found out it's because unless you step on a specific switch, the door won't open, so it's a little odd because my parkour skills allowed me to complete the course as I desired, but I jumped clean over the switch I guess. Had to go through it at a slower pace.

3 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

But there is a timer now >.> 

I think the reason you failed is simply down to being inexperienced with those rooms. nothing to be ashamed of, you just have to practice more. they're the same rooms you can find in most Void missions. personally I've done 3 tonight and beat all of them first try. it's just a question of knowing the best route and being fast.

or as @Xgomme said, you could just be a scrub and use Titania...

5 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

But there is a timer now >.> 

there was always a timer for the puzzle rooms. 

'back in my day' you had to jump on those round panels and light each one up before getting to the end, not just 'get to the end' 

so it used to be a lot harder. 

if your struggling just practice  your moving more... 

Just now, morningstar999 said:

there was always a timer for the puzzle rooms. 

'back in my day' you had to jump on those round panels and light each one up before getting to the end, not just 'get to the end' 

so it used to be a lot harder. 

if your struggling just practice  your moving more... 

that's not what I mean. I'm very knowledgeable about the rooms, been doing them for like 2 years

what I meant is that there a visible timer on the UI so you'll know how much time you have left ;D  

the missions are annoying unless you know how to do the orokin puzzle rooms. They have always been annoying since when they were implemented years ago, they were confusing then.

I suggest reading about them on the wiki or learning from videos cause you have to stand on certain pads and stuff that aren't very obvious.

When I was a newbie, I always made sure to do the parkour rooms whenever I played void missions because I wanted to collect all the container mods. At this point I can pretty much do the void parkour rooms in my sleep.

Unfortunately, I never bothered to figure out the derelict parkour rooms because they contained absolutely nothing of value despite being more difficult than the void ones, so there was no incentive to do them, ever. Fortunately, Titania is a thing now, so whenever Maroo sends me to a derelict I can just fly in a straight line to the objective.

I can agree with the OP post to certain extent, it's still quite confusing to where we could go.
Perhaps I would suggest having a big arrow sign the animates towards the next location (pointing downwards on the door entrance), maybe it would be a great feature to have. 

Those obstacle courses have been in the game for as long as I can remember.  I'm glad DE has given us a good reason to seek them out again.  The container mods they contain have long since been eclipsed by far more valuable things elsewhere.  I just wish the sculpture spawn rate was a little higher in the vaults outside of Maroo's mission.

21 hours ago, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

The Ayatan sculpture mission is rather frustrating.. It was not very clear where I was supposed to go during the "obstacle course" so I made my way to the glass door where the sculpture lay just on the other side, but alas, the door is closed..... Okay.. So I retrace my steps a ways back and then boom "mission failed"... 

The rooms are all very easy with parkour 2.0, but you do have to learn how to do them.  Kudos to DE for finding a use for these things as doing them was going to die out since running non-stop void isn't a thing any more.

Practice them in the void as was suggested.  They are a great source for certain mods like rage so new players should be doing these regardless of the sculptures.