The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One of the Most Complex Warframes is a Starter Frame

owendawgx

Mag.

Please replace her in the starter lineup.

She is one of the most loaded frames when it comes to very specific interactions (with not even close to enough explanation), and requires knowledge of mechanics the game NEVER explains to you (armor). 

Not to mention, some of her interactions are completely invisible. Shards on the ground from Polarize? Where? They have no model and are thus impossible to tell if they are present. 

Then the stats are misleading. Range on Polarize is actually duration, which new players will never be able to just guess. 

I don't care where Mag is balance wise, she should NOT be a starter frame. 

Replace with other, simpler female alternative, like Ember (seriously she would be perfect).

1 minute ago, owendawgx said:

Mag.

Please replace her in the starter lineup.

She is one of the most loaded frames when it comes to very specific interactions (with not even close to enough explanation), and requires knowledge of mechanics the game NEVER explains to you (armor). 

Not to mention, some of her interactions are completely invisible. Shards on the ground from Polarize? Where? They have no model and are thus impossible to tell if they are present. 

Then the stats are misleading. Range on Polarize is actually duration, which new players will never be able to just guess. 

I don't care where Mag is balance wise, she should NOT be a starter frame. 

Replace with other, simpler female alternative, like Ember (seriously she would be perfect).

I agree.

A few devstreams ago they said they were thinking about adding another female warframe to the starter lineup to make it an even male/female choice, so instead of just removing Mag completely, they can just add an easier alternative.

I'd vote for it being Nova or even Nyx.

Edited by xZetsumeix

8 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I agree, rhino should take place of mag.

One of the (if not the) only mastery locked warframes shouldn't be a starter, especially given how he functions. 

Also keep in mind that whatever Warframe you start with needs to be able to kill things with their first ability on account of how the tutorial is set up. 

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

Ember instead? Sounds good.

The only problem I can possibly see, is that WoF gets very overused by new players, instead of their weapons.

True, but any warframe that is 'easy' to use would have the same issue. TBH, a really good ember is actually not as easy to use, given that energy conversion is a must, as well as that new aura mod that increases power strength on status (the name eludes me).

while i agree with the sentiment of the post, i fell you yourself don't know her all that well

11 minutes ago, owendawgx said:

Shards on the ground from Polarize? Where? They have no model and are thus impossible to tell if they are present. 

they have a model. it is a shard that has the same color as your energy, easily noticeable

12 minutes ago, owendawgx said:

Range on Polarize is actually duration,

range is the base range that Polarize starts at. less range=polarize starting closer to you, more = farther away and more enemies effected from the get go. duration effect how long it stays expanding.

Ember and Nova would be terrible starters. Way too over powered for started frames. and the other female frames are just as complex or OP save Nyx (she would make a better started to me). damned if they do, damned if they don't kinda scenario if you ask me

2 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

True, but any warframe that is 'easy' to use would have the same issue. TBH, a really good ember is actually not as easy to use, given that energy conversion is a must, as well as that new aura mod that increases power strength on status (the name eludes me).

I wouldn't say any of that makes her hard to use. It might be hard to get those mods for a new player, but it's not very complicated.

20 minutes ago, owendawgx said:

Are you using black as your energy color? Because black is the color you pick when you want your powers to not be seen. pretty much any other color, as long as it's not the dimmest option possible shows up bright lightbulbs of color littering the friggin floor all over the place

Edited by Jakorak

7 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

TBH, a really good ember is actually not as easy to use, given that energy conversion is a must, as well as that new aura mod that increases power strength on status (the name eludes me).

wat even. how do people keep believing there is 1 and 1 only way to build frames. just as bad as the people that think firequake is literally the only way to play ember and think that world on fire apparently does 0 damage

Just now, Jakorak said:

wat even. how do people keep believing there is 1 and 1 only way to build frames. just as bad as the people that think firequake is literally the only way to play ember and think that world on fire apparently does 0 damage

Um? I don't think WoF does 0 damage, thats why I use a max power strength build. I don't even use firequake.

Anyway, that is going off topic. 

I do think Mag could have a bit better particles. Using orange energy color, I have a hard time seeing which enemies are actually being affected by my 4 sometimes, Even if they fixed that though, I feel she just does not do enough direct damage to be a good started anyway.

I'd say zephyr or banshee could be an option, like the others they are fairly good frames when mod'd correctly and neither of them are hard to get to grips with.  Like volt these 2 frames are also in the dojo rather than being a boss frame. 

31 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

The only problem I can possibly see, is that WoF gets very overused by new players, instead of their weapons.

A proper WoF to replace guns needs tons of creds, endo, the proper mods, forma, potato. I don't think that will be an issue

Besides, without the build she's not op at all, newbies seeing that will probably sell her to free up a slot. I know i did that with Volt, and don't regret it one bit.

Edited by Sovyul

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'd say zephyr or banshee could be an option, like the others they are fairly good frames when mod'd correctly and neither of them are hard to get to grips with.  Like volt these 2 frames are also in the dojo rather than being a boss frame. 

A requirement for a starter frame is a #1 power that does targeted damage so neither Zephyr or Banshee works, and Nyx is a bit problematic as her targeted damage ability is a #2.  Maybe they bend the requirements just a bit to fit her but Oberon is just a much better choice.

They really should be more willing to adjust frames as starters and where those are acquired in game.  ALL starters regardless of which frames those are should be in the dojo.  Including excal.

34 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Twist is, World on Fire is a, literal, power hog. Unless you've got a Maxed Fleeting Expertise and a maxed Streamline, WoF is chewing through 5 energy per second. Even there, you have to figure in the new efficiency mechanics with Duration as well.

So... Excalibur, Volt, Ember and Nova would make a good starting selection lineup, imo.

Pull knocks everything in front of you on its bum, Magnetize lets you kill the hell out of heavies, Polarize restores shields, and Crush nukes everything around you and knocks them down.  What's hard to understand?  Every frame has nuances and modding discrepancies later on when you get more stuff, but none of that matters for new players.  

What's with all the Mag meme threads lately?  Did some youtube S#&$poster make a video?

Edited by RealPandemonium