Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

I didn't mind the archwing section at all. The mid-flight transfer through separate tunnel is a bit unintuituve but otherwise it was fine. 

Plenty of bugs, had to alt+F4 during the purge, and even then the experience is more of a headless chicken running around than overcomin some stressfull situation. Part of it is that my Helios seemed to randomly oneshot me mid-run, quest also seemed to randomly fail just as I was entering the liset, etc. Didn't get any rewards at the end either.

Tonally, it's a bit of a mismash. Operator and Ordis cracking wise during supposedly life-or-death crises/journey of traumatic self-discovery took me out of experience somewhat (and was a marked departure from a much more somber Second Dream).

The music is absolutely stellar, once again.

Edited by electricsheep
How did I forget about the music?!

First of all,this quest was amazing...hands down,the time was totally worth it...everything about it,from the pacing to the new gameplay was top notch (but that's my opinion regarding it)...Nice job DE,please,have a cookie (and some rest,you earned it)

Now,with so much answers and so much qestions,i can't help but ask some myself

1.Could we perhaps see an option to make our operator active by default on our ship (when we finish missions,simply because now i can't help but feel like that's the way i shall be playing from now on :D )
2.Why are the kura fortress missions classified as "archwing" -are there some archwing sections i haven't yet found...if so,then lovely-i really want a mixture of archwing in space and normal gameplay

3.Will we be able to interact with pets while in our operator form?

4.What happened to the transmision screens-my operator looks slightly different and my bud's got a skin change...

(and now the important ones)
5.Will our choises really matter?-when we talked with a bud of mine,some things really were different-the ending part when we got..."possesed" so to say,the words were different...

6.Will we be able to "upgrade" our operator form-for instance, to allow more focus capacity ( i assume that is the thing that defines how much of our power we can use before cooldown)

6.5 (not really a question but) Is Ordis related to the terminator-we all know what he did...also,the slight nod to the infested door near the end was smooth :D

7.Is it bad that i killed my Operator the totall of (i believe) 7 times for screenshots....that ...thing...was asking for a picture :D (and the "death" screen was really well made,since it wasn't quite what was happening,was it? :D )

8 could we be able to use our focus ability while in operator mode-for instance just holding 5 as we currently do to activate it....

*also,because of this moment,im officially loving everyone-

Spoiler

IDU6SbB.jpg

Also,thanks for adding the QoLs such as the invasion watmachines build window...and the alert assignments !....we love you and your game DE,thank you for loving your game back....

Edited by top4o11

I don't think for a moment that anyone is going to care about what I write here, but I'm going to stop playing for the foreseeable future, and I want DE to have a record of exactly why.

The new Kuva system with randomised mods has made the game feel completely futile now.

I used to play because the game had a clear, if ever changing "end". There would come a point where you have everything. You could work towards new content knowing that it was final.

The new purple mods with entirely random stats have disrupted that consistency that I've enjoyed for years - it added infinite carrot-on-stick loot chasing.
This turns me off, because so long as there is no "best" mod in that category, I will never have a goal to reach.

More so, the acquisition of kuva is 100% grind. They show up totally randomly on missions that, traditionally, players avoid because they're not fun. This would have been a perfect opportunity to give us a new endless mode, perhaps similar in a way to the cryotic extraction.

The best way it appears now is to just run capture missions on Sedna over and over, and I just don't think that's something I'm prepared to do as an end-game.

With that in mind I can no longer play the game with the feeling of true progression, as progression no longer has a clear finishing line. For this reason it's time for me to bow out. It was fun while it lasted, but I feel I'm no longer the target demographic for this game.

Best of luck to DE and all the good work they've put in over the years.

Edited by ChasePanic

Can honestly say im excited for the future prospects of what TWW set-up especially the idea that you'll hopefully make our choices have a true impact and change the outcomes entirely in the future.

As for actual  feedback

1. having the new mod type when unlocked actually saying what weapon it works on would be lovely with some of the crazy names.

2. The fail states during the quest proper are kinda long in my opinion anyway they are gorgeous but I wanna get right back to it have to wait on a screen you know?

3. last but not least on the ice bridge when fighting against the wind the animation was on only what looked like 8 degrees of movement so when walking against the wind it was jarring walking sideways across.

Other than my nit picky criticism it was truly great and the first time i walked into the transference room my jaw ACTUALLY hit the floor like my god this game KEEPS getting prettier while still not murdering my hardware I dont know what magic you guys do but DAMN.

Hope this reaches ya DE because actually SEEING and HEARING the hours you pull to ship an update are insane and I have an entirely new level of respect for your whole studio now.

Ok, so for feedback on the quest based on my personal playthrough after completing it...

i) the progress from the start of the quest until the queen's room is a thumbs up. And then from the chaotic orbiter part up until the warframe fell after break free from the queen feels out of place. I'm unsure the puzzle pieces of the story during this part, But i'm guessing during that whole process, it was something like unlock your chakras thingy which is the only thing that prolly make sense?

ii) the music this time kinda creepy-ish and tense building feel. It matches many part of the quest. A big thumbs up on this one. But the environment wasn't really creepy or tense enough. so, two step forward, one step back.

iii) Tutorial process/introduction for new skill/system/mechanic for Operator is ok and interesting but the lack of UI info where the the skills is actually tied to Energy consumption and was not showing during Operator mode leads to a mild frustration, making players (some if not most) unable to plan their tactics/approach efficiently.

iv) The boss fight is a disappointment to be honest. 95% of the fight is with those Guard while the showdown between the player and the queen herself is extremely lacking (mechanic-wise). The queen need more battle phases to make it a memorable fights.

v) the falling action and resolution at the end of the quest doesn't feel as impact as the second dream.

Overall impact TSD vs TWW:-

Exposition: TSD 0 : TWW 1
Rising Action: TSD 1 : TWW 1
Climax: TSD 1 : TWW 0
Falling Action & Resolution: TSD 1 : TWW 0

So for me.... TSD still win for now.

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya
words

I haven't played TWW, I can't, because although I unlocked Sedna a huge while ago and have completed all the junction requirements in the past (rank a weap, fight Hek etc), before the starmap rework, it still displays as locked.  That just pisses me off.

I started the quest in Lua... but great i forgot to put mi Helios sentinel... so I abort the mission... but when I tried to start again the quest marked that objetive completed an now i am in the second objetive, please check that it literally makes loss one part of this quest...

Edited by Faustus

Thanks to the AW section, I can't finish a quest that I've been waiting patiently and with great anticipation to play for several months. That damn security section with the scanning beams has turned into a complete progression stopper.

I realize that I'm supposed to put the cargo ship between me and the security beams but I've already chewed through 3 Revives because either 1. the ship's hit box pushed me out of cover or 2. 1 millimeter of my 'Frame got brushed by the very edge of a broad, red beam of instant death. This is not challenging. This is needlessly unforgiving, punishing, frustrating and irritating.

Unless someone can offer a solution to this road block, this quest is unfinishable for me.

Putting all feedback in spoilers, click at your own risk.

Spoiler

It was an enjoyable experience, and it didn't completely bug out to ruin the fun (aside from not getting the reward at the end, but you guys are fixing that, so it's cool), but I would be lying if I said that it was perfect, and it definitely wasn't on the level of Second Dream in terms of awesomeness.

The good things?
Cinematics, music, voice acting, comedic relief moments, the "tomb raider" feel of the exploring part, the "death star" feel of the tileset, the awesome view in the final scene and finally the sign of things to come.

Now the bad things.

The sign of things to come... precisely... this is the biggest issue I have with this quest.
In The Second Dream A LOT happened. I was amazed, both by the unveiling mystery and the new mechanics suddenly unlocked.

Here... it all felt like it's just an introduction, a prelude to a bigger thing, ultimately leaving you with a thought "that's it?" and hunger for more.
Playable operators? They feel weak thus unnecessary other than the situations where you are FORCED to use them. - They need a serious buff.
The "morality" system? None of the choices seemed like they mattered, especially after the quest, with young queen saying she's "gonna see her sister's face again soon". - What was the point of killing her then?
The story itself?
It suddenly starts and suddenly ends, and none of it really matters much, other than the brief foreshadowing of an "evil force" within the Tenno.

I realize that all this sounds extremely harsh.
I did have fun, but perhaps all the hype leading up to it increased my expectations significantly.
Hopefully what follows is going to be worth it.

PS.
The part where you have to "void sneak" past the machine is stupidly infuriating.
I repeated it like eight times and finally cheesed through by spamming ctrl on and off.
Consider making it easier.

Great job, DE! The War Within was fantastic! Or at least, it is in MY opinion. But nevertheless, you guys did really good. Although, I would like to make a point of noting that I did not get the reward from the Quest. There's nothing in my inbox even though I have completed the quest from start to finish. Please fix this! I love you guys and keep up the amazing work! 

As a side note, maybe you should revise the loading screen to have the image of the Queens and Teshin instead of the Operator? This way, new players aren't spoiled as to what might be in store for them? I know the cat's already out of the bag for vets, but I think new players would appreciate it if that sort of thing was kept on the down low. 

Edited by BadxHero

Can't select "5" Power with Controller.

Normally, when selecting powers, I press Left or Right on the D-pad and hit the User Power key. In TWW with a controller, you can't do that. I have to take a hand off the controller, and press "5" to activate SPOILERS. And considering you sort of need that power, well, you can see the problem.

Fix this.

Or maybe the XB1/PS4 devs fix this and/or teach you how to fix it.

Please.

Otherwise it was fine.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:49 AM, Salenstormwing said:

Can't select "5" Power with Controller.

Normally, when selecting powers, I press Left or Right on the D-pad and hit the User Power key. In TWW with a controller, you can't do that. I have to take a hand off the controller, and press "5" to activate SPOILERS. And considering you sort of need that power, well, you can see the problem.

Fix this.

Or maybe the XB1/PS4 devs fix this and/or teach you how to fix it.

Please.

Otherwise it was fine.

Yeah, joined the pc master race a few months ago and still use a controller. The quest is literally just a crash course in "drop the controller, pickup the keyboard" lessons...

And I don't think any of the new powers save one has any controller settings, must have missed it.

Edited by BentTheGent

It was a fine experience, one cant expect the same emotional impact of a sudden vhange from 3 years lore-dry period to tenno self discovery, tww was good in a different way

Things you should learn from this:

Graphical settings make a huge difference when doing the golden maw challenges? i failed like 20 times before turning every graphic option on then realizing the stones along the path 

When you make new mechanics like the golden maw control and the tenno powers you should think about bones and flesh to make those mechanics  permanently part of the game otherwise its an interesting but unrepeated experience

The quest was long, you should not lock normal gameplay from the players like that, someone may even get frustrated and stop playing cause he can get the quest completed as quick or as easily as he expected

41 minutes ago, BentTheGent said:

Yeah, joined the pc master race a few months ago and still use a controller. The quest is literally just a crash course in "drop the controller, pickup the keyboard" lessons...

And I don't think any of the new powers save one has any controller settings, multi missed it.

What would have been more helpful than PRESS L-CTRL would have been PRESS CROUCH! Same with PRESS L-CTRL + SPACE should have been PRESS CROUCH + JUMP!

I like my controller, DE. Stop treating me like an afterthought. The PS4/XB1 devs don't...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Ok, feedback...hm...short: i'm done.

Reason: Kuva farming, operator fighting (warframe is the name of the game !!!)

I stopped farming prime parts after the new system came up, now i stop playing at all.

Thx for all the joy DE. But the way the game develops is not mine anymore.

Good luck and have a great time...