Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you believe the wait was worth it? (Spoilers?)

AnOldAlias

23 hours ago, SharkPot said:

Unfortunately no. the only thing lasting more than a week is riven mods and its cuz its RNG. Introduced a new system thats both impractical, useless and only usable on one enemy. the relic based endless was a mistake from first using relic system as a base. The quest is buggy and only takes about 45mins to 1 hr. So compared to almost extra 6 months dev time I can't really say its great.

new tenno powers can reset sentient damage resistance, afaik. (stalker too, I guess?)

Also, the stealth doesn't set of laser alarms in spy vaults.

it's not completely single purpose.

On 11/12/2016 at 3:18 AM, CoRRh said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I loved it. I'm a bit more confused than I was before, though. So many questions. What was up with controlling the Maws? When will that happen again? How exactly did those choices affect me? I don't see the impact. I need some sort of explanation of the story. It seemed like it was trying to explain a bit about the Zariman 10-0 and what happened before, and then how that related to Margulis, but I honestly didn't feel like it really clearly told us what was happening. I feel like the quest did a lot, but I honestly have no idea what it did.

this. i think the quest actions were great (maybe some more direction needed on what to do specifically in certain areas). but alot of it felt like it wasnt well explained. story-wise, it left me confused, not because it didnt explain alot of things but rather, what explanations were given were poorly executed. and for a cinematic quest i expected more satisfaction lore-wise. does not top the second dream imo.

Edited by kalikilic

I enjoyed the quest.

I expected an update to the current focus system. 

The new tile set is cool but a bit complicated to navigate. (just need more time with it)

RIven mods even tho they need to be unlocked seem like a step backwards 

Pre-update 7 most if not all mods were random stat mods.    

Like most I had progression-bugs and just bad design that confused me at a few places.

It allso made me furious I had to manually quit the program to exit. This really showed solo quests need a end/resume function.

But I absolutely loved the Quest. I don't really care how long it was. I really paced myself and tried to explore and take it all in as much as possible.

The story was good,  the atmosphere really great, and it really felt like a 3 part story and each part was different.

The Lore is what I wanted and I got some answers I have been waiting for. New questions too, but that's part of it.

The new system of the Operator finally bridged the gap of me and the kid in the chair. Well done.DE, you listened to us. Have good things to look forward there I'm sure.

What annoyd me was the Queens and Margulis. Margulis keeps looking like a villain in this process, her efforts regardless.  And the Kuria twins? Makers of the warframes? 

We need to continue the story with the warframes next and looks like the plan from DE is exactly that.

30 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Margulis keeps looking like a villain in this process, her efforts regardless.

She didnt came as a villain, but as a person, prone to make mistakes or questionable actions as anyone.

39 minutes ago, arch111 said:

And the Kuria twins? Makers of the warframes?

Remember what they are? They are Orokin. Who made the Warframes? The Orokin.

2 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

She didnt came as a villain, but as a person, prone to make mistakes or questionable actions as anyone.

Remember what they are? They are Orokin. Who made the Warframes? The Orokin.

The entire scene with the Queen holding Teshin at arms length by shaking the scepter and yelling

"Look we got the ruler-scepter so you have to do what we say!"

Is one I have seen before many times. Each time that person had stolen/found the item and not been in ownership originally.

Note that once the staff found a new home, Teshin switched master in the blink of an eye.

The Queens are like the reverse of the Orokin, I can't see them as Orokin though. If the red vial gave immortality but allso evil, that would mean the Orokin used something else, no?

The quest was too short and felt certain parts could have been expanded to be more engaging or interesting (jumping on rocks gets old fast). 

There were some moments where it was done just right such as the scene with Teshin alone on the peak with that epic music. Felt like I was in Skyrim again with awe feelings. Well done. 

But after the quest was done...there was nothing left to do once again. Refused to grind for Kuva or those Riven mods that is the emboidment of everything wrong with the grind in this game. 

Just wished they introduced a system that was tied to an end game. A reward that's not related to repeatable grind but instead co op challenge thats fun and one that challenges our builds and skills. But don't think I will see it as everything will be grind/rng related.

Wondering when the next update will come...cause I'm not interested in a skin and another prime add on with no reason to play them or do in the game. 

On 12/11/2016 at 2:31 AM, Neear said:

This is exactly how I felt honestly. I didn't rush through and by the time I knew it it was over and I'm left thinking "This is really what they worked on for this year"? But hey to each their own.

I also feel the same for all that was hyped i think we barely got anything they worked on just that for months not alot of content imo for the hype it created. But like you said to each their own :P

On 11/14/2016 at 8:22 AM, TonyWong said:

new tenno powers can reset sentient damage resistance, afaik. (stalker too, I guess?)

Also, the stealth doesn't set of laser alarms in spy vaults.

it's not completely single purpose.

Actually with a syndicate mod equipped Ivara can do that as well and much better and for a longer time. The point is it's like the old song "anything you can do I can do better", the Operator compared to any Warframe is just impractical to use until they increase the amount of energy or let us mod them the same way we mod Warframes.

No, it was not worth the wait. 

The quest was ok. Short, but ok. This brought me nice 2 hours of gameplay. I really don't can see what took so long.

And now...? DE killed the endgame in former updates. Until now there is no real improvement.

The new riven mod system is not very satisfying. Kuba farming seems to be boring as hell, especially with the fact that you run a mission and don't know whether a Kuvat source will spawn. This is frustration. Grind I'd ok but when I spend time I will have a reward - even a small one.

The RNG riven mod reroll is frustrating because of the accelerating costs...

To lock the sortie behind a quest wall is the same bad game design as to lock the Jordas raid behind a grindwall. One mistake could happen but 2 mistakes of the same kind...?

I really hope DE will make some improvements soon.

Not at all.

This was ironically by far the worst part of update 19 and to me among the worst updates in Warframe history.

The Quest? Well, it was OK. Although large portions are just some mediocre 3D platforming which has nothing to do with Warframe at all. Still quite enjoyable, but living up to half a year of hype? Hell no. The assertions this would be much larger in scope than the Second Dream were a flat out lie. Storywise i feel it was kinda a wasted opportunity. I imagined the assault on the "end boss" of our main enemy faction to be more epic, maybe even in some kind of raid form for 8 players. Not like "Oh looky, we found their hidden hideout by accident. What a pleasant surprise... Oh well let's just kill them queens while we're at it." ... OK, this is probably not the last we heard of them anyway, but still... (Edit: To be fair, i quite liked the overall presentation and new tileset)

The new operator mechanics? Tacked on, gimmicky, arbitrary, tedious, redundant... Next. *

Riven mods? They're the real reason this update is a major letdown. Srsly i was speechless when i first saw the lvl of brokenness they introduce. What a lame, cash-grabbing way to kiss goodbye every last ambition of finally rebalancing the game to yet again be an actual action shooter instead of the braindead press-4-to-win one-shot-or-be-oneshot spamfest we've become. And now as the majority of the community is in a stir (thank god!) they're selling it off as another "whoopsy", yeah right. It's an insult to their customer's intelligence, nothing more, nothing less.

Kuva farming as endgame? Runnig Grineer captures again and again til you puke for only a CHANCE of actually getting what you run for? Golly, how engaging!

And then there's the reintroduction of incentives to go hours into endless. I know alot of people were missing those because to them it was the closest we ever got to endgame... and sadly it probably was but that was the issue. The missing of proper challenges, having to camp in a sewer for hours to at least somehwhat feel like playing a game. Yet that didn't make gameplay itself any less dull, quite the contrary. All that endless missions did for the game was destroy any common ground for balancing discussions because for some people the appropriate enemy benchmark was around lvl 100 (sortie niveau) while hardcore campers saw the game balanced around lvl 400+ ... And now instead of fixing the core problems we're right back at where we started. A powercreeping mess.

I dearly hope this update and its negative reactions are the overdue waking call for DE. Enough beating around the bush, enough "opium for the masses" in form of shiny powercreeping gear, skinner box shenanigans and artificial "content" / obstacles like having to change into a complete new form just to jump through some nebula. Get your act together and untangle the core game, the thing that matters, the stuff people are left with BETWEEN updates! Let us have to struggle and actually work together! 99% of times squads don't even matter apart from reviving here and there and even that's just a bonus because we got infinite lives anyway and often we'd rather just die to reanimate our sentinels. no wonder most squads i meet are completey apathetic, one can be happy if others even check the team chat tab once in a while while pressing 4 like a zombie.

[/salt]

* Edit: Also gotta love how they just keep on piling new half-baked concepts instead of getting something, ANYthing done. How could they introduce this and leave the Focus system completely untouched?? A "system" which for a year now completely revolves around only 2 passives, one making energy even more overabundant than it already was and the other one making you next to invincible while using melee while pretty much everything else about it is completely forgettable... i just don't get it. I guess they were added to appear ingame to justify them more as a fashionframe plat sink...

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

The entire scene with the Queen holding Teshin at arms length by shaking the scepter and yelling

"Look we got the ruler-scepter so you have to do what we say!"

Is one I have seen before many times. Each time that person had stolen/found the item and not been in ownership originally.

Note that once the staff found a new home, Teshin switched master in the blink of an eye.

But the Kuria already told us that they are Orokin, they may have come into possession of the scepter later on, but Teshin tells us: "... to obey their command, to never defy the Kuva, the Scepter, the symbols of their dominion."

Its a very literal thing: he cannot go against those who have both the Scepter and the Kuva.

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

The Queens are like the reverse of the Orokin, I can't see them as Orokin though. If the red vial gave immortality but allso evil, that would mean the Orokin used something else, no?

And at the end Teshin says "Some believe the Kuva within is the blood of Orokin ancestors, an elixir of power... of immortallity. Others believed it to be a poison, a corrupting oil that brings madness and evil."

Its a metaphorical thing: Its all about what people believed the Kuva is.

You got things backwards.

Edited by Venom-Snake

2 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

But the Kuria already told us that they are Orokin, they may have come into possession of the scepter later on, but Teshin tells us: "... to obey their command, to never defy the Kuva, the Scepter, the symbols of their dominion."

Its a very literal thing.

And at the end Teshin says "Some believe the Kuva within is the blood of Orokin ancestors, an elixir of power... of immortallity. Others believed it to be a poison, a corrupting oil that brings madness and evil."

Its a metaphorical thing.

You got things backwards.

In your view, the Queen is twisted and eyes red from the Kuva? Again,  Ballas was golden,  symmetrical and impossibly beautiful.

He spoke of the red bringing immortality,  but not in what way.

If you mean power corrupts, sure I buy that just look at the Orokin scumbags in the Lore.

My issue is U saw the twins as not Orokin, staying in the shadows and in the very end of the war they took control of the scepter and made themselves royalty. 

The Grineer bowed to their power, possibly evil.

Just now, arch111 said:

In your view, the Queen is twisted and eyes red from the Kuva? Again,  Ballas was golden,  symmetrical and impossibly beautiful.

And the Queen herself stated when you fight to take the scepter from her: "I'm sick of those Grineer bodies, I want new flesh, I deserve new flesh!"

While you are walking to the Yuvan Theater, Teshin tells us "I would have stood guard, while the young and exotic were parated throught the mountain, while the Orokin, withering and coughting, prepared for their Continuity."

They were using their Continuity on Grineer bodies.

Thats why they are not "Symetrical and impossibly beatiful". Sure, young beatiful children does not garantee they will stay such when they grow older, I suspect technology was involved to make them even more "exotic".

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

He spoke of the red bringing immortality,  but not in what way.

If you mean power corrupts, sure I buy that just look at the Orokin scumbags in the Lore.

Yes, thats what I meant, he was being metaphorical, in the belief of others the Kuva could bring immortallity, others believed it was a currupting oil. We dont know what the Kuva is made of. But we know that the Orokin let this supposed "immortallity" go to their heads.

7 minutes ago, arch111 said:

My issue is U saw the twins as not Orokin, staying in the shadows and in the very end of the war they took control of the scepter and made themselves royalty. 

The Grineer bowed to their power, possibly evil.

But its what the Kuria says: they were drawn to the Queens by their power, their ferocity in battle, and most of all: their likeness they also longed for.

The Queen could have changed the Grineer for the better then and there, but they didnt, they made a Tyranical Empire no diferent than the Nazis.

The quest was buggy and in parts quite nice, but a years wait for it? 

No it wasn't worth it, now that i'm done with the new content (was done with it 4 days after release) there is nothing new worth playing, the operator changes are just irritating and utterly pointless (I think I actually Hate them!). Riven mods at first seemed cool but I quickly realised how much of a clustermess they are and there is no real point in doing endless fissures - just restart as it's quicker and the little buffs ain't worth it.

Back to doing my raids - at least when they get fixed (JV is a mess) and all the bugs they added to raids are just ridiculous (nothing in the update changed raids and yet they are badly broken).

On 15.11.2016 at 11:04 PM, worminthewood said:

Sure was.
Like with every update, some questions got answered
while others are left unchecked, and some answers pave the way for new questions.

Wich reminds me; can somebody show me the way to a post or topic containing 'the new lore' and / or newest speculations?

New lore?

Spoiler

The reveals in the quest:

• There were adults on the Zariman ship and only the children survived the void (nothing new here)
  • Tenno have powers without their Warframes (we knew that already but they couldn't control it before. Now they can)
  • Orokin can transfer their mind into other things (Grineer queen quote: "I'm sick of those Grineer bodies, I want new flesh, I deserve new flesh!". Teshin quote:"The queen doesn't want to kill you. She wants to become you.". (Again nothing new because of cephalon fragments. Ballas transfered the mind of Ordan Karris into a machine/cephalon)
  • The only new thing we discovered: Teshin worked for the Twin Queens (not because he wanted it but because he had to)

Edit: Ok now we understand why the Orokin kidnapped (children?) people from mars citizens in sands of inaros quest

Edited by The-Tective
Forgot about sands of inaros quest

25 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

New lore?

Spoiler
  • There were adults on the Zariman ship and only the children survived the void (nothing new here) BUT, we now know what happened to them: Either the Tenno killed them or they died of starvation or killed by the other adults.
  • Tennos have powers without their Warframes (we knew that already but they couldn't control it before. Now they can) Plural of "Tenno" is "Tenno".
  • Orokins can transfer their mind into other things (Grineer queen quote: "I'm sick of those Grineer bodies, I want new flesh, I deserve new flesh!". Teshin quote:"The queen doesn't want to kill you. She wants to become you.". (Again nothing new because of cephalon fragments. Ballas transfered the mind of Ordan Karris into a machine/cephalon) Again, the plural of "Orokin" is "Orokin", and we also learned what exactly they were doing to the Sand People's children: they were their next bodies, not experiment for new Tenno... or was it?!
  • The only new thing we discovered: Teshin worked for the Twin Queens (not because he wanted it but because he had to)

Adding a few things.

This quest was a lot of confirmations, nothing lore-bombing, but it was nice knowing some things were confirmed and became more than very close expeculations.

Warning: Be prepared for a lot of text.

Well, now that I've had time to play with everything this update brought, I'd like to change my opinion. My first thought was this quest was worth the wait due to the lore, but content wise? Not so much.

• The Quest - Aside from the Operator sort of acting like a spoiled brat, I really did enjoy the story, and the new Operator powers are pretty neat, but the length of the quest was about what I've come to expect from DE (including time spent figuring out what to do and where to go, I finished it in about one and a half hours). I still don't know what the morality choices did throughout the quest, nor do I know if I made a bad decision by consuming the Kuva (though due to my Tenno's "lore", it seemed like the right idea at the time since I felt it'd bring me closer to understanding the Elder Queen), and I doubt we'll find out what our new morality does for a while. Also, I'm very pleased to have finally met the Queens, and I'm glad we were given a choice to "spare" the Eldest Queen. Also, on an unrelated note, Worm Queen has definitely become one of my favorite characters, and despite her being a complete tyrant, I find her absolutely adorable.
  • Kuva Siphons and Operator Abilities - Fighting off the new Kuva Guardians and trying to stop Worm Queen from collecting more Kuva is actually pretty fun in my opinion. ...Whenever they actually spawn. I feel I've been pretty lucky these past few days, but I know there's a decent chance I may eventually fall into the ranks of players who have run 20+ missions and never seen a siphon spawn, and while it doesn't feel as bad as Nitain, the 30% spawn chance still feels a little too low. Then there's also the fact there don't seem to have been any sightings of them on Uranus or the Kuva Stronghold, which means we're kind of stuck farming Sedna to get the resource until they're proven to spawn elsewhere. The new Operator powers we were given to fend off the Guardians and collect the Kuva are pretty cool as well, but there seems to be a hidden "energy restriction" can make farming tedious and frustrating. Supposedly the Operator reticle shows how much energy you have left, but I personally haven't seen any indication of this. If DE were to add something like and energy bar to make it more clear, players probably wouldn't have such an annoying time when farming Kuva. Also, has anyone found if the new Operator laser does more damage to Shadow Stalker and Sentients? I've heard it can reset their damage resistances, but I haven't been able to test that yet.
  • The New Fashion Frame - I love it, plain and simple. While I'm disappointed to see we still can't color our armor and Syandanas separately, the new Kuva armor and Kuva Braid Syandana have become my new favorite items to show my devotion to the Grineer, especially since the Syandana is a symbol of the "corrupting power of the Grineer Queens" as opposed to the Vanquished Banner being used to "add insult to injury by mocking the Grineer with their own banner". The Kuva Armor is also a huge improvement over the Harkonar Armor, appearing much more sleek while maintaining the strong Grineer aesthetic as opposed to the"I just found these and slapped them on my 'Frame" Harkonar appearance. It's also nice to finally see all the Kuva skins for our Landing Crafts, so players will always know who I fight for after inviting me to their games.
  • The New Weapons - While I'm planning on ranking and scrapping the Orvius unless it really surprises me, I've either found the other weapons to be fun or something I plan on keeping in my arsenal until a better variant is released:
    • Broken Scepter - Understandably, this was the first weapon I used after completing the quest, and it was one I was happy to get since it looked like the one weapon I really wanted from this update; the Kesheg. The first thing that caught my attention with this weapon was the base 1.25 attack speed, and then I saw the possibility of reaching 100% status chance with it, and I knew I had a killer on my hands. Needless to say, I immediately fell in love with it and quickly threw two Forma on it; one to change the - polarity to a v polarity, and the other to change the stance polarity to match Clashing Forest, which when mixed with Prime Fury allows it to proc statuses like a true status monster. Not only was my mind set on keeping the Broken Scepter since it's the Elder Queen's main weapon, the fact that it can kill just about everything from the Starchart to the Sorties was enough to give it a permanent place in my arsenal. However, despite loving this weapon, its aesthetics are kind of hit and miss for me. It looks nice, yes, but it doesn't look properly built for the combat we use it for: It was a very thick shaft that wouldn't be the easiest thing to grip while performing combos, and it has a very small "blade" at one end with an unnecessarily massive counterbalance. On top of that, the design at the bottom of the counterbalance is a little ugly in my eyes (but not enough for me to completely hate the weapon's looks), and it doesn't take coloring in a very impressive way; most of it is one color, the accent bits are another color, very few/small tertiary areas and no accent points at all. It's not enough to kill the weapon for me, but I'm not a big fan of things that only really show one or two colors at most.
    • Zarr - It's fun, and that's really the only way I can describe it. Normally I have a very strange balance in my favorite primary weapons (bows and shotguns), and I'm not really into the launcher category, but I decided to try it anyway. I do like it, and it'll stay in my arsenal since it's fun, has an interesting mechanic, and is great at blasting enemies into the next dimension, but it isn't really something I'd consider making my primary primary due to three reasons:
      • It doesn't really feel as strong as a cannon should, and I've found the barrage mode deals more damage than the cannon mode
      • It needs to be able to switch modes while reloading. Like other players, this thing has killed me by thinking I've switched to barrage mode, only to fire a cannon shot at point blank range and kill the target and myself. Giving both modes different aiming reticles would help in telling one mode from the other without needing to look down at your ammo counter as well.
      • It honestly just looks boring to me. I get how a cannon is pretty much as Grineer as Grineer gets due to their brute force, but it just looks like a cannon with some blades on the back and sausages hanging off the front (seriously, what are those things?). However, I absolutely love how reloading it is simply just throwing new ammo down the mouth of the barrel.
    • Twin Rogga - I don't know why, but I expected these to be similar to the Twin Khomak to me; something I enjoyed, threw a Catalyst and Forma on, and immediately sold it because the "charm" had worn off and it didn't feel like something I'd take over the Brakk or Vaykor Marelok. After using them for the first time, I was pretty much sold on them. They're powerful, they sound great, they look awesome, and their reload is pretty good for only having two shots. I haven't put any Forma on them yet, but I'm hoping three is all I'll need to make a good enough build for my liking. If they end up as good as I'm hoping, I may end up temporarily shelving my Vaykor Marelok for these instead. There is one thing I find weird about these though: the War Within reveal trailer said they were good at making assassinations at both close and far range, yet in game they have a very wide spread that makes anything but close to mid range take multiple "clips". The reveal trailer also looked more like it was firing a single pellet and had a larger magazine, so I wonder if these were changed during development.
    • Kesheg - I really hoped to like this one, and despite the number of people saying it was the most Mastery Fodder weapon out of the bunch, I hoped its raw damage would be enough to put those doubts out of my mind. ...And it did. I don't have it fully modded yet, but it's tearing through everything with just Prime Fury, Pressure Point and one elemental combo from the 60/60 status mods. I know most people consider weapons that can't kill a level 140+ Corrupt Heavy Gunner in three seconds trash, but that shouldn't be what weapons are currently built around, so the Kesheg is more than fine for what we currently have on the Starchart. On top of that, it looks amazing, and while a lot of its aesthetics borrow from the Broken Scepter (or maybe its the other way around), I find it to be far more visually appealing since it looks properly balanced; a thin shaft that fits peerfectly in the Warframe's hands with a massive blade and large pommel to act as a counterbalanace. It also has better coloring options than the Broken Scpeter, and I personally love the "built in" Sugatra it comes with. All in all, I love this weapon the most out of the five we were given and will happily wear it to show my devotion to the Queens. ...Though there are two small complaints I have with it:
      • While Prime Fury really helps, I wish it was a little faster, like 0.933 or 1.0. Hopefully we'll get a Prisma version or even a Syndicate Version eventually that'll speed it up a bit.
      • I know this is minor, but this honestly really bothered me the first time I added my Caggro Sugatra to it: The Keshegs "built in" Sugatra follows the flow of the weapon perfectly, but when you add your own, the come off at a 90o angle from the side of the shaft, and the longer the Sugatra's attachment point is, the worse it looks. I may wind up making a suggesting to change this later.
    • Orvius - The only weapon I haven't used yet (despite having it ready to be claimed), and probably the only one I won't be keeping. Don't get me wrong though, I've seen what it's capable of, and it looks amazing; everything from its beautiful tracking to its special ability and the fact it seems to be much stronger than Glaive Prime, but there are two things keeping me from saying "Yes, I will happily replace my Glaives for this weapon": It's appearance and who used it. It looks nice, yes, but it doesn't scream "Glaive" to me as much as it does "Chakram" since it's pretty much just a circular blade. Compared to the other weapons in the Glaive category, it just looks kind of "meh" to me. On top of that, it's one of Teshin's main weapons, and I personally can't stand him due to him being the NPC meant for Conclave, which is a mode I personally feel has no place in Warframe and is enough for me to say I'll rank it and sell it. Unless the Orvius seriously surprises me, I don't see myself wasting a slot on it, let along a Catalyst.
  • Riven Mods - These I honestly hate due to how much RNG they have, and I find it hard to believe how many players are saying they enjoy such ridiculous amounts of RNG as opposed to the majority thought of these mods being a very bad idea and a poor excuse for bringing "Mastery Fodder" weapons to higher tiers. I am glad though to see Rebecca come out and say Riven mods will not be what future late game content will be built around and that Riven mods for meta weapons will end up giving smaller benefits as opposed to Riven mods for weaker weapons, but there are still major problems that need to be addressed:
    • Only Available through Sorties - If DE wants us to test these mods and give proper feedback, we need a more guaranteed way to obtain them. A chance to get one a day is not how you go about testing a new feature.
    • Not Getting a Mod for a Weapon You Like - This is a major annoyance due to how large the current pool of weapons seems to be; you either get one you like, or you get many you couldn't care about or don't even own. I understand DE wants us to test new weapons, but like someone suggested before, the weapon you unveil the mod on should be the weapon the mod is used for, especially since the stats are extremely random as is. Speaking of which...
    • Stats that Don't Work On Your Weapon - Seriously, why are elemental weapons getting physical damage increasing stats? Why are weapons with only puncture getting slash increasing stats? Why are there so many damaging negative effects if the idea of these mods was to help bring weaker weapons into the meta? Re-rolling the mods isn't even worth it since the amount of Kuva needed each time increases, and you aren't even guaranteed to get better stats! There are only three ways I can think of for DE to fix these:
      • Remove how much Kuva is needed to re-roll - Seriously, with how random it is, players would probably still end up spending a couple thousand Kuva to get good enough stats to keep anyway.
      • Let us lock the stats we want to keep - This way we aren't at the absolute mercy of RNG, and DE can balance this out by making each locked stat add an extra 200 Kuva to the re-roll cost.
      • Remove useless stats for weapons - If a weapon doesn't have a certain physical trait, it shouldn't spawn a mod that has that trait, nor should mods have a negative damage stat. Both of those stats are unfair, force players to re-roll in the hopes of better stats, and only end up hurting the overall system since it makes players say "Well this makes the weapon absolute crap" instead of "Yeah, these are good enough to try bringing this into later content".

TL;DR - Despite having a few negative thoughts on this update, the reason I don't feel the content was worth the wait is because of how quickly players can finish it. After a month of waiting, a majority of what we were given can pretty much be finished in a day or two, which doesn't make up for nearly a year of waiting for the War Within.

15 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

And the Queen herself stated when you fight to take the scepter from her: "I'm sick of those Grineer bodies, I want new flesh, I deserve new flesh!"

While you are walking to the Yuvan Theater, Teshin tells us "I would have stood guard, while the young and exotic were parated throught the mountain, while the Orokin, withering and coughting, prepared for their Continuity."

They were using their Continuity on Grineer bodies.

Thats why they are not "Symetrical and impossibly beatiful". Sure, young beatiful children does not garantee they will stay such when they grow older, I suspect technology was involved to make them even more "exotic".

Yes, thats what I meant, he was being metaphorical, in the belief of others the Kuva could bring immortallity, others believed it was a currupting oil. We dont know what the Kuva is made of. But we know that the Orokin let this supposed "immortallity" go to their heads.

But its what the Kuria says: they were drawn to the Queens by their power, their ferocity in battle, and most of all: their likeness they also longed for.

The Queen could have changed the Grineer for the better then and there, but they didnt, they made a Tyranical Empire no diferent than the Nazis.

I missed alot of this due to bugs. That makes alot of sense now.

God dammet. Ballas could be alive and look like anyone.

Begs the question if Teshin have some similar way of staying alive. He is very old.

Edited by arch111
Teshin D. How is he alive?