Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you believe the wait was worth it? (Spoilers?)

AnOldAlias

Did I like it? Yes.

Was it worth the wait? I'm not really sure.

I'm not sure what I expected from this update that I didn't get. More content maybe? I thought maybe the Infested Door played a part in all of this. I thought maybe we'd be getting the Tenno Orbiters. For how long it was delayed it feels a little light. That said, it was quality content. There's a lot of new lore details to chew on and the Tennos' story has become more tragic, but the ending lacked gravity. There isn't much of a sense of direction when it's all over.

It lacked an answer to the unspoken question: "Where do we go from here?" We get an unsettling moment and an ethical choice, then it's back to business as usual.

So, just to clarify, I thought The War Within was good. It just came in a little underweight if you know what I mean.

Short and boring. The whole beginning is a slow linear quest until a buggy boss fight. My fatty jumped and disappeared and i was stuck not being able to move on in the fight. Had to hear Keshin repeat the line over and over again on what to do with what i did with the Golden Maw. I press ESC and there's no abort mission. Had to let the game timer out to reset for me to go again and the fatty was properly there for me to fight. After finishing everything, I didn't get the Riven mods people were talking about. Thanks DE.

2/10

"Do you believe the wait was worth it?"

No.

The quest is super short. Think about it, most of the time is spent slowly walking through snow and waiting for the Orokin Maw so you can move. Then some more trying to figure out wtf to do. Gameplay-wise it's maybe 30 minutes tops, the rest is padding and filler. Nicely looking padding and filler, but really no substance.

Sorties STILL reward lenses. Really, we NEEDED a trash item in that pool?

Randomized weapon specific mods. Get incredibly lucky and get a good one, for a good weapon, that you actually like and use and it might rock. But, you know, RNG. We'll probably see hundreds of trash mods we'll never use before getting something actually useful. Also, MORE new mods before finally overhauling / fixing the mod system?

Using the new transference power to combat enemies immune to traditional damage, while you're actually trying to complete an objective, is clunky as all hell.

On that note: Yay, more enemies immune to traditional damage and powers, only beatable through a gimmick that wont see much use in the rest of the game, if at all. It doesn't mesh.

edit: Oh! Also, Focus, anyone? Is that even still being developed? The new powers literally took its spot on the keyboard while it's rotting away, forgotten except for the Zenurik/Naramon passives. And since the new powers are, again, really clunky and don't have a use, or even a place really, I can see this going the way of the Focus system. /edit

So, eh. Wasn't hyped so I'm not that disappointed, but still, imo this update falls WAY short of the long development time and the hype DE created. Back to whatever.

Edited by TimFlint

The story was alright, kinda neat, but far too short.  For as hyped up the length of TWW was, I was severely disappointed at how long it took, even with me taking the time to admire environments/not bullet jump spamming/etc.  It also didn't really explain anything, and ended on a cliffhanger of sorts, which is a MASSIVE kick in the balls after 4 months of delays.  Along with that, your choices, while they fit your own Tenno's character, don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

The Transference idea is alright, but I don't see much of a point in it.  You're slower and weaker in the form than in your Suit, which is a massive disappointment.  Apparently it negates Sentinel defenses, but...was that really needed?  I mean..I guess?  It's a neat gimmick, but not much more.  You can't even extract outside of your Frame.  A better idea would be to make the Operator a selectable "Warframe" in its own right.

The Riven mods are Rifle only, and some of the requirements are absolutely f'ing abysmal.  Someone apparently got one that requires you to Synthesize a Simaris target, without getting hurt, without powers,, without traps, WHILE having a Hobbled key.  A friend of mine got "Hold a 3x combo for 30 seconds"...I've never had a mission where I got a 3X combo.  MAYBE once, in one of the Interception affinity farming maps, but this basically relegates you to Survival, Infested, and praying.  All that for a mod which seems to be RNG, and some are absolute garbage.  That's not a good system...

As for the other stuff..I mean, it's all neat little doodads, nothing really popping, you know?  The most hype thing I took out of this was the Transference system, and even then once I got past the hype of something I've waited a year for, I realized that it's literally pointless outside of gimmicks they might throw our way..

Edited by UFOLoche

I haven't been waiting around as some of you, since I only resumed playing about 2 months ago. When I came back, I was blown away by the Second Dream quest.

I was similarly blown away by this quest.

[DE] Really is getting good at story telling, imo.  I enjoyed the writing and twists. I like how certain parts of the quest line gave you new powers to play with and made your current (likely completely overpowered) gear irrelevant, in a way that made sense given the situation.  I brought a Loki, so that made the infiltration/exit easy and the boss fight... uhm... it was climactic as crap for me because I made it out of there with 34 health and 0 revives. I expect others fared better, and if you knew what was coming then you'd trivialize that fight with proper preparation.

Also, screw the bone worms. That was a scary segment at times.

And the actual quest paths! I took a lot of screenshots.  I really enjoyed the choices in lighting, the new zone. The snow scenes reminded me of Skyrim mountain climbing.

There are a lot of new additions that I haven't gotten to yet.  I have the new zone to work through. I don't know how to get that gourd currency yet. I unlocked my new mod reward- mine was solo interception against lvl 30+ enemies using a hobbled key, which I accomplished on Eris with an Ember Prime without too much trouble. I need to rank up from MR15 to 16 to be able to use it. Looks to be a badass Amprex mod with punchthrough, bonus corpus damage, and poison damage. But apparently the gourd currency can reroll the stats?

After two months I'd finally gotten through all the new stuff. Now I'm back to seeing the game with wonder and novelty. A good update.

2 hours ago, DarthMelchom said:

Sorry but this quest is bad by many standards. This quest could of been good as the second dream. But instead the quest feels like a mix of many different type of games into one. For instance the Golden Maw is a example that is not needed for this game nor does it fit. its mechanics are broken and there is no clear way of " Getting past it " Unless you try and try over and over again. This just creates frustration as it seems it does not follow its own rules.

Than its the fact you cant abort in any part of the mission. Yep you cant it seems. I had to alt tab and close the program because it does not let you leave. No idea what will happen now but its very frustrating.

Even all the months this quest feels rushed although it looks stunning. I am left with more Frustration than anything else. the Archwing part of the mission is just stupid. I will not spoil it but please DE.. Make it that more than one appears because its no fun when you cant progress because there is no ship..

I give this quest a 4/`10.. it was stunning but way way to frustrating 

i didnt have a problem with the maw at all, utilize your abilities properly and stay on the rocks. simple. 

What was there, was honestly good.

If it hadn't been for the constant glitches and problems, it would have even been fun in the warframe segments, and it was interesting in the operator segments.

However, for a 6-7 month wait, it was rather short in terms of the actual quest, even with the 'walking only' sections padding it some.

Hopefully we can replay it so can check out the alternate 'paths' and have a smoother experience.

Hopefully the Riven mods will be interesting to expand , and hopefully there will be more Tenno / Operator customisation to come - not just in terms of cosmetics, but mods / abilities.

- And DE, can you please, please fix Limbo's rift interaction.

I'm happy with the powers, I'm happy with Limbo so long as they work properly.

I can't say it was worth or worthless to wait because I passed the Second Dream quest so without that I won't reach this but as others spoiled what mods added into the game then I can surely say there won't be powercreep reduce you just introduced new mods which outperform others in game. 

Also I waited for the infested frame in this update but not given it. So my mood dropped to do this stuff. 

Going to kill something.

Edited by Sziklamester

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry about your experience, are you getting a crash report ######? We'd like to help fix that.

It's so nice to see that you guys are reading through some of the reactions and comments of the community. Thanks for the amazing new update and everything so far!

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry about your experience, are you getting a crash report ######? We'd like to help fix that.

could you please give us the option to do separate controller bindings for the new mode, that or give or improve the functionality of it with current controller options

I thought it was bretty gud tbh.
Was one of the lucky few who barely experienced any bugs I guess.

Only problem I had was I didn't get any rewards and it'll probably take a while for them to fix it.
I had fun with the quest tho so yeah it's worth the wait.

Just now, Ariadne said:

I thought it was bretty gud tbh.
Was one of the lucky few who barely experienced any bugs I guess.

Only problem I had was I didn't get any rewards and it'll probably take a while for them to fix it.
I had fun with the quest tho so yeah it's worth the wait.

there were bugs?