The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you believe the wait was worth it? (Spoilers?)

AnOldAlias

4 hours ago, Senpai-Pie said:

It took so long because the quest was redone from scratch several times due to creative difficulties.

DE admitted to doing a bad thing announcing it so early.

Plus, you should know better than to ride the Hype train so blame yourself.

The thing is that I and many others find others orginal script that got leaked much more interesting then this since it mentioned umbra, so it was a teaser for umbra frames, Umbra wouldnt come fully in that update but was supposed to come in next big update(u20)/cinematic quest but this big update/cinematic quest was supposed to come before end of this year which wont happen because they delayed TWW so much.

Dont get me wrong I LOVED visuals, they were really amazing but I am type of person who prefers good gameplay/story over good graphic, since good gameplay and lore implications stay with me forever but visuals from this quest can be only experianced ONCE, I finished quest and all the great visuals are not accessible to me anymore.

another problem is riven mod system, it combines two of biggest problems of warframe: RNG and power creep, I can already imagine people trading riven mods for best weapons with best stats for thousands of plat, it will help DE earn more money for sure but it will have horrible impact on game balance, there are already weapons and abilities in game that make game boring for people who play with slower weapons, there are times when through whole mission I killed less then 10 enemies because rest of team has most OP weapons and they clean out rooms almost instantly, so if you have slower weapon like bow you wont do much through whole mission.

Also NO ONE asked for riven game system, no one was expecing it and no one was waiting for it, what people were waiting for is EXO-ARM weapon thing, it teased at the same time as TWW(hell it was teased few days ago again) so everyone was expecting to see this with TWW so MOST of people were disappointed when we find out that this new gameplay mechanic we got with TWW was riven mods, DE advertised EXO-ARM as new gameplay mechanic so everyone was expecting it.

uhh

No, not worth the wait. Not with all that overhyping it since april.

Let's be honest, was was bug ridden (first two mission impossible to complete in solo?) parade of cliches (run from stone island to stone island so monster burrowed in sand won't eat you? I recall something like that from SNES games. That was what, 20/30 years ago?)

Did I enjoy quest? Yes I did. For a while it felt like a real game, first time in a long time.

Do I enjoy functional part of update?
Riv mods are in poor taste, let's leave it at that.
Running as operator is pretty neat gimmick I guess, but that's about it. At least I may consider getting any operator cosmetics, even if it'll be just for kuva farming.

Not even a little. The mission could have simply been a cutscene. None of the things you had to do as an operator were actually fun. The new operator mechanics introduced are superfluous. I can't help but wonder why they were added, as they add nothing to the game other than combating this new mechanic (kuva guardians) that were added specifically for it.

The mods are way too RNG and should never have been added if the intent is do a damage 3.0 at some point.

This update can be summed up for me with "Is that it?".

On its own, I think that the quest and the mechanics are great; not only do they give us another gimmick to play around with, but The War Within itself builds further on the story that The Second Dream laid the foundation for, so I'm looking towards the next cinematic quest in a positive light.

On the flip side though, development hell seemed to last forever for this particular part of the update, and switching to operator mode as well as gameplay while in operator mode feels very slow and bland: a stark contrast to the fast and frenzied pace of combat of Warframe combat. This is on top of they myriad bugs and glitches (but props to DE for squashing most if not all of the game-breaking bugs).

So overall, I would rate my experience as positive overall, but I do hope that for the next cinematic quest DE learns from this experience and will be able to deliver another quest with gameplay that is not only innovative and fluid, but most important of all, within a reasonable time frame.

On 12/11/2016 at 4:16 AM, (PS4)DJMOC said:

I don't have the war within on ps4 yet. I watched the stream, I think it will be well worth it from what I've seen. Yall doing a great job. I'm a graphic Designer I wish you guys could make a team here in Atlanta, GA to help you out in Warframe development for new storyline.

Hey i'm studying graphic design, what could we do in the videogame industry?

Worth it?

For me, sure why not. It wasn't me who spent resources and time to make this update. I got two fun hours out of this quest. Overall it felt like a mediocre (superhero) movie, except really fun. Playing the quest, was nothig like playing warframe at all (Probably cause you weren't playing Warframe), neither did the story. Mostly I'd say cause you actually have a protagonist that is a character not just a silent skin. It did feel kinda weird to have the operator respond to Lotus instead of silently doing what they're told. I'm not really sure if I like this direction, but it worked out, in this quest at least, so I'll keep an open mind about it. So yeah the quest is a great single player experience and something I never imagined to see in Warframe. 

The changes that this update made on the core gameplay loop? Not much I guess. There is the new operator mode, whitch I doubt will be used much more than the operator abilities we got in second dream, aside from that one mob. The now mods whitch I don't have much of an opinion on, tough I am not a fan of the process you need to go trough to activate them. And I guess some other stuff I don't care about.

Overall I got 2 hours of entertainment, I lost nothing, seems like a pretty good deal to me.

3 hours ago, 5HV3N said:

uhh

No, not worth the wait. Not with all that overhyping it since april.

Let's be honest, was was bug ridden (first two mission impossible to complete in solo?) parade of cliches (run from stone island to stone island so monster burrowed in sand won't eat you? I recall something like that from SNES games. That was what, 20/30 years ago?)

Did I enjoy quest? Yes I did. For a while it felt like a real game, first time in a long time.

Do I enjoy functional part of update?
Riv mods are in poor taste, let's leave it at that.
Running as operator is pretty neat gimmick I guess, but that's about it. At least I may consider getting any operator cosmetics, even if it'll be just for kuva farming.

Bug ridden? Can't say I experienced bugs. Only one was the iffy light beams on the transport ship bit. 

As for impossible on solo, that's pure nonsense. 

As for your other comment about the gameplay... Can't please some people. 

The quest had some good points, the cinematics were good but the actual point and click adventure part was very dull.   The new tileset is dark and dull and seems to be geared towards pigeon holing people into loki and ivara just to avoid the  annoying defenses (great, just what we need less choice).   The kuva grind wall is poorly implemented with spawns and just past the point where it is not worth doing.

Sortie changes were uninspired and seem to just be a way to finally put it into a state where they no longer need to pay attention to it (not that they actually paid much attention to seasons but at least those had the chance to introduce something new).

Riven mods seem like a good thing, but RNG weapon type and bonuses is pushing things a bit too far into grindy territory again.

Unfortunately no. the only thing lasting more than a week is riven mods and its cuz its RNG. Introduced a new system thats both impractical, useless and only usable on one enemy. the relic based endless was a mistake from first using relic system as a base. The quest is buggy and only takes about 45mins to 1 hr. So compared to almost extra 6 months dev time I can't really say its great.

4 minutes ago, TheDudeCZ said:

No. Took too long, they revealed it WAY too soon and tried to do so many thing in between. Next time they should either work on it in the background, work on other stuff and reveal it a month before completion, or reveal it and work only on it.

Eh? It was pretty much finished when they put it out hence why they had to delay it so much, which was hella lame agreed. Now they will polish all of it.

The more I play post-update, the more the answer is a resounding NO.

After so many delays, after obfuscating the issue as much as they can, taking 7 months, the claims made (most of which weren't delivered), and their claim of a 'bug free update' that has created an incredibly bug filled experience across the entire game.

1 minute ago, DarkOvion said:

The more I play post-update, the more the answer is a resounding NO.

After so many delays, after obfuscating the issue as much as they can, taking 7 months, the claims made (most of which weren't delivered), and their claim of a 'bug free update' that has created an incredibly bug filled experience across the entire game.

Bugs-Bugs-Everywhere.jpg

2 hours ago, Hero2102None said:

Graphically very pleasant(especially the snowy mountain scenes), mechanically frustrating. I finished the quest, because i had to finish it. There were times when i felt like aborting.

Maybe I'm not very smart or just bad player but I shoul replay boss fight like 7 times, from start to end, with unscipable intro, without checkpoints, without ability to quit game, so yea my most satisfying moment was when I finally completed this mission, best moment in all "TWW".

No, it was not. Even wors - this update bring some unbelivably broken system like kuva farming and riven modes.

P.S.: Holster system is cool, but customization is applied to all frames, it's just wrong, when it's look cool on Ivara it would be complitly out of place on Inaros. Plus some holster for weapon is broken: Sonikor, Rakta Cernos, Mutalist Cernos and some others.

No.  This is the nature of play-once throwaway contents.  It cost a long time and many man hour to make but are consumed in a flash by playerbase.  

They need to focus on world events and game mode expansions.  Tell story through world events and then turn old events into story mission for late comers.

On 11/13/2016 at 0:06 AM, Arniox said:

I have never actually experienced any progression stopping, game breaking bugs at all ever. In this update alone, I never once got any bugs that everyone else was complaining about.

That's great. Yay for you. As you clearly noticed, everyone else was complaining about them.